[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

Hi,

I would like to start next league with this build.

Is that possible without any items except the ones that i find while playing..in other words: Do i need any unique?

Also..is it possible that you make some sort of leveling PoB (in parts like..20 points, 40, 60 etc..) because that would help a lot for ppl like me that dont know how to build,heh..

Thx...
"
Hi,

Is that possible without any items except the ones that i find while playing..in other words: Do i need any unique?

Also..is it possible that you make some sort of leveling PoB (in parts like..20 points, 40, 60 etc..) because that would help a lot for ppl like me that dont know how to build,heh..

Thx...

I suppose you are asking if the build is SSF-viable : it definetely is, trappers in general perform very well without any specific gear requirements. Of course, there is one particularly good unique for this build, tinkerskin, but it's not mandatory and you can do fine with some rare chest.
Speaking of leveling trees - in general, just following the path as it goes is alright - with the exception that early on it's a good idea to skip crit nodes as they don't contribute too much towards damage early on. I definetely can provide some POB with some partial leveling stages - but I think it's a good idea to wait for information about the new league and the patch notes in case some things change - then I will update the POB with those leveling parts as you requested too.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Hi,

Thx...

I suppose you are asking if the build is SSF-viable : it definetely is, trappers in general perform very well without any specific gear requirements. Of course, there is one particularly good unique for this build, tinkerskin, but it's not mandatory and you can do fine with some rare chest.
Speaking of leveling trees - in general, just following the path as it goes is alright - with the exception that early on it's a good idea to skip crit nodes as they don't contribute too much towards damage early on. I definetely can provide some POB with some partial leveling stages - but I think it's a good idea to wait for information about the new league and the patch notes in case some things change - then I will update the POB with those leveling parts as you requested too.

Thx for your reply :)

Also, you are correct. Its better to wait for patch notes before updating, but passive tree in segments (20 points, 40 points and so on..) will be great addition to your guide.

Wanted to play Ice Trap again for 3.11 and was looking for something to base my build on. Just wanted to post and give you some positive feedback/encouragement, it's always great to see people taking the time to explain things to the newer players!

Guide is concise and pretty well explained. A thing that might help is to have links to the official skill tree so you don't need to have PoB to see the pathing (so that people like me can look at the tree at work... Don't tell my boss).

Going to play SSF in Harvest, might pop back in and tell you how it works out, going to try and push for 100 finally.
Hello, I'm thinking of playing your build (I love traps) and I was wondering if you will upgrade the build to 3.11? :)
"
MadHatterAbi wrote:
Hello, I'm thinking of playing your build (I love traps) and I was wondering if you will upgrade the build to 3.11? :)

Since the patch notes have been released I will update it later today.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
MadHatterAbi wrote:

Since the patch notes have been released I will update it later today.

Thanks a lot! I'm interested in the changes that Ice Trap has, if they have any impact. Good day to you :)
Hi,
I tried out this build in Delirium and found it to be really fun (and visually satisfying!). However I didn't play it too much because I wanted to zoom around delirium events like I did on my Pathfinder chars. With this league I expect the pace to be less frenetic and so want to revisit this build.

Given that the patch notes dictate that Ice Trap's added damage effectiveness has been raised to 200% from 150% and keeping in mind any changes in the passive tree affecting nodes this build takes, how would you compare the damage of this build in 3.11 to 3.10? If possible, can you give a +/- % increase number?

Thanks.
Hey,

eyeballing this as my Harvest starter. Last time I played a trapper was back in 2.6.0, so it's about time I reckon.

Quick question: why Multiple Traps instead of Cluster Traps? Just your preference or is there a reason I'm missing?
"
axiomatiks wrote:
Hi,
I tried out this build in Delirium and found it to be really fun (and visually satisfying!). However I didn't play it too much because I wanted to zoom around delirium events like I did on my Pathfinder chars. With this league I expect the pace to be less frenetic and so want to revisit this build.

Given that the patch notes dictate that Ice Trap's added damage effectiveness has been raised to 200% from 150% and keeping in mind any changes in the passive tree affecting nodes this build takes, how would you compare the damage of this build in 3.11 to 3.10? If possible, can you give a +/- % increase number?

Thanks.

The changes to added damage effectiveness are nice, however I'd say that are mostly impactful during early stages - like leveling or early maps. Other than some small sources of added damage that can be found on something like 1h weapons, the biggest thing to consider is added cold damage support. Pre-3.11 this support was weaker than the other options for 6th link( 18% more damage versus for example 26% more damage from increased critical strikes support). With the effectiveness changes to 200% from 150% (which is a 33% buff) added cold dmg support will be competetive as a 6th link(though still not clearly superior than other options). Awakened cold damage support at gem level 5 will be clearly a very strong option though and certainly a significant damage increase(once you will be able to get your hands of that). It's difficult to provide exact numbers because the gain of added dmg is diminishing with the investment to +gem levels (since increasing ice trap lvl affects the base damage).
Summing up added cold damage support will be a very strong choice during leveling, and it will continue being decent, but slowly losing its value with the investment into +cold gem items, however in the endgame setup awakened cold damage support will certainly be very strong option to take.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info