[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

Looking into starting this build when I acquire some more currency.
A lot of people on HC are playing it so I will copy some ideas from them as I am tired of dying xd.

One question. Can anyone here confirm or deny that the Stygian MTX for Volatile dead has less performance issues? I found a video of a guy claiming that 6 momnths ago and some people have said that in some reddit threads. Is this still a case for you guys?

I needed to disable all my MTX on my Cyclone impale character so I have no fps problems. Last league I had to do the same for my consecrated path character...

EDIT: another question, I have an insane Elegan Hubris Jewel that gives me 320% increased spell damage. I understand spell damage applies to orb damage and to a part of the explosion from detonate dead. Is it worth scaling just spell part of that or should I still invest into fire damage to scale the corpse explosion part?
Last edited by Msciwoj on Apr 6, 2020, 7:36:13 AM
"
Msciwoj wrote:
Looking into starting this build when I acquire some more currency.
A lot of people on HC are playing it so I will copy some ideas from them as I am tired of dying xd.

One question. Can anyone here confirm or deny that the Stygian MTX for Volatile dead has less performance issues? I found a video of a guy claiming that 6 momnths ago and some people have said that in some reddit threads. Is this still a case for you guys?

I needed to disable all my MTX on my Cyclone impale character so I have no fps problems. Last league I had to do the same for my consecrated path character...

EDIT: another question, I have an insane Elegan Hubris Jewel that gives me 320% increased spell damage. I understand spell damage applies to orb damage and to a part of the explosion from detonate dead. Is it worth scaling just spell part of that or should I still invest into fire damage to scale the corpse explosion part?

As for the MTX I don't have any idea, but if it does work I will probably buy it lol.

I would keep the insane spell damage over a bit more fire damage. The only time we are lacking damage is on huge Delirium guys and bosses. The mapping part is super easy where we have too much damage at times. The orbs are a more consistent source of damage for bosses so scale whatever gives you the biggest numbers.
Hey there!

Gonna try Volatile Dead for the first time.
I'm a HC player, what would you change for HC on the top of your head?
Maybe Flammability for a defensive curse? What else?

zzz
Am I doing something wrong, or is this build supposed to deal physical damage? I can't do elemental or phys reflect maps because I just get wasted.
Thanks for the build im having a blast playing with it. The clear speed is insane and with few changes i managed to maximize my damage against bosses.

"
Fargnbastage wrote:
Am I doing something wrong, or is this build supposed to deal physical damage? I can't do elemental or phys reflect maps because I just get wasted.

Barrage deals physical damage, sorry but you have to avoid Phys, Ele reflect and monsters elemental resistance is doable but annoying.
"
twarunchai wrote:
Hi Necro VD
I played this build too.

I have some questions when I see other builds.
I'm not sure why many people use the Surrender as a shield?
-Is Reckoning skill able on wand? (as it requires 'melee weapon equipped')
-Or we just want Armour for this shield?

The damage to boss pretty bad, so sad. Orz
How to boost Damage in boss fight?
-Is Nature's Patience from cluster jewel worth for this build as it normally stand to spam VD. So in 10 secs, it has 20% chance to deal DD to boss?
-Or just boost fire damage in Wand and use Herald of Ash (13% more damage) is enough for boss fight?

BTW, I really love VD as homing missiles to mobs, that's feel good.

Not sure why people use The Surrender, but it has decent life and block chance as well as armour and recovery so I guess it works for league start or early maps if you are struggling with defense.

Reckoning with activate when you block and requires a melee weapon, so wand will not work.

To boost damage get a wand the prioritizes adds fire damage and adds fire damage to spells. Those are the largest boosts to dps. Next largest is spell damage and + lvl to fire gems. Having a lvl 20 or 21 VD is a great boost to damage, I hit my damage spike when I got to 21.

Nature's Patience is strong but will get you killed late game. I do not find myself standing still at all unless I am preping the VD before the fight.

I am currently using Herald or Ash, as I got a decent wand with trigger a socketed spell. Some people use Detonate Dead, as I will be testing that later. But so far I really enjoy the Herald of Ash. Makes mobbing go from great so super amazing. (also its a bit overkill with Inpulsa's which I enjoy)

"
dransureu wrote:
How important is tempest shield? I see everyone using but it doesnt seem to add THAT much considering shock is on anyway.

I went the lowlife version but Im not sure if i should ditch a future opal ring to have temporal shield? Or I might drop arcane surge but that 13% more spell dmg is really probably better.

Any advice?

Tempest shield is good if you can fit it somehow, but is the first thing to drop when you need space. I dropped it recently and placed Bone Offering on a wand with trigger socked spells. I can post my updated version under the Gear section. If you need a second spot for something Arcane Surge is usually next to drop but I would value it higher than Tempest Shield.
"
"
Mailman487 wrote:
Why did you take Vengeful Commander in your cluster jewel if you're not running any of those auras?

Because it was what I was using at the time, I would rather get another one with jewel sockets

Mind fixing this in your PoB in your original post? I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out for too long :(
"
reclinemusic wrote:
"
"
Mailman487 wrote:
Why did you take Vengeful Commander in your cluster jewel if you're not running any of those auras?

Because it was what I was using at the time, I would rather get another one with jewel sockets

Mind fixing this in your PoB in your original post? I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out for too long :(

I fixed it a while ago, just checked and it was still fixed. The points are not speced into it but it is there because it is on a budget. I am going add an update to my new updated stuff.
"

I fixed it a while ago, just checked and it was still fixed. The points are not speced into it but it is there because it is on a budget. I am going add an update to my new updated stuff.

My bad, forgot there were 2 pobs. Thanks for the reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info