[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

"
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I just started the league on console and this is what I’m running at the moment. I shouldn’t change to frenzy and stuff like everyone else here till I have way better gear right. Cause I’m only on white maps at the moment and the build clears fine. Just it lags the fuck out of console servers so a lot of the time my deaths are cause I lag out or the game freezes up. Just figured I’d ask for some help. Also trading sucks on console so finding a new wand is so hard atm, so just getting that extra dmg off the minion dmg thing through our passive on the tree

the curse on hit really is kill more for clear, so switch to frenzy and get the more damage, wont curse everything, but will curse bosses because you'll just be swinging at them.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hi!
Thank you very much for this build. I finish the campaign so fast and already defeated my first conqueror in just a seconds...
However I want to make this as my endgame build as-well as I don't to restart a new build.
Can you suggest any changes to make this build a bit stronger all the way to the endgame content? TIA...
Only problem is I’m specced into having to use inspiration at the moment to get the crit for elemental overload, so do I just not spec elemental over load now and what do I swap inspiration for in my six link if that is the case? Do I just put fire pen? @Billydanomad
"
Mailman487 wrote:
Why did you take Vengeful Commander in your cluster jewel if you're not running any of those auras?

Because it was what I was using at the time, I would rather get another one with jewel sockets
"
Billydanomad wrote:
I'm curious why the need for spell damage, it does not scale the VD....

What am I missing?

VD is a spell, if you hover over the skill gem it says it is a Spell, AoE, Fire gem. So all of those will scale the damage
"
dransureu wrote:
You dont think detonate dead is good for this build like zizaran uses? It also adds a huge mana reservation cost and idk if its even possible to at least somewhat easily get enough reduction to be able to use everything needed.

By the way why doesnt using elemental focus cancel out the benefits from hypothermia or is there some interaction with spellslinger Im not aware of?

And is it not overkill to use both wave of conviction and curse on hit to reduce the res? Could use herald of ash maybe instead.

Zizaran is also using vaal discipline but not sure if thats really needed. Probably nice for the es version (which Im planning on going atm) Not sure how worth it is(?), but never played an ES build in my life.

That bone offering and tempest shield on cwdt seems smart though..

EDIT: How does that barrrage with curse on hit feel to use compared to frezy and barrage support? Is there a real difference? Realised I gotta decide which way to go there too, not sure if lowlife can fit curse on hit unless it works with herald.

DD is good with the build. I went with a simple take of the build so it does not require a wand with "Trigger socketed spell" suffix. Using that wand will allow you to not need WoC on spellslinger, and instead can use something else.

We chill from our Ascendancy (Corpse Pact) so we don't have to rely on our skills to chill. So Hypothermia will always have %# more damage to chilled enemies.

It is a overkill for mapping for sure. For bossing it is required because this build will not do much damage otherwise to late game bosses. Heralds are fine but I think mapping is good as is. This build I am going to keep pretty simple for the new players, and then make some late game tab when I think it is appropriate.

Only use Discipline if you are going CI or Low Life (basically low health and relying on ES)

Bone offering is super important for defense so either CWDT or on a wand with "Trigger socketed spells" suffix are what makes this build that much more safe
"
Ironic_Kast wrote:
Hi!
Thank you very much for this build. I finish the campaign so fast and already defeated my first conqueror in just a seconds...
However I want to make this as my endgame build as-well as I don't to restart a new build.
Can you suggest any changes to make this build a bit stronger all the way to the endgame content? TIA...

Depends on the route you would like to go. This build is naturally good at mapping, so you can go extreme mapping where you get impulsa/explode chest piece and take on the mapping as priority. Some have gone Low Life in order to do lvl8 Sirus comfortably. As for me, I am staying as life and going to grab some strong wand with suffix "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a spell" and have WoC-Combustion-Bone Offering linked. That way I can put on something like Detonate Dead or Herald of Ash.

My experience in this build is that getting a good wand (added fire and added fire to spells) and having good rolls on them will make this build do a ton more.
"
Only problem is I’m specced into having to use inspiration at the moment to get the crit for elemental overload, so do I just not spec elemental over load now and what do I swap inspiration for in my six link if that is the case? Do I just put fire pen? @Billydanomad

Elemental Overload will give you much more DPS UNLESS you spec a lot into Crit multiplier and and crit chance. You need inspiration support on both barrage and VD for the support to work. Then it will give you a big damage boost, more than Conc effect or Hypothermia.

If you cannot do it then fire pen is a good choice for a 6th link if you want to prioritize in helping your boss damage
Hi Necro VD
I played this build too.

I have some questions when I see other builds.
I'm not sure why many people use the Surrender as a shield?
-Is Reckoning skill able on wand? (as it requires 'melee weapon equipped')
-Or we just want Armour for this shield?

The damage to boss pretty bad, so sad. Orz
How to boost Damage in boss fight?
-Is Nature's Patience from cluster jewel worth for this build as it normally stand to spam VD. So in 10 secs, it has 20% chance to deal DD to boss?
-Or just boost fire damage in Wand and use Herald of Ash (13% more damage) is enough for boss fight?

BTW, I really love VD as homing missiles to mobs, that's feel good.
How important is tempest shield? I see everyone using but it doesnt seem to add THAT much considering shock is on anyway.

I went the lowlife version but Im not sure if i should ditch a future opal ring to have temporal shield? Or I might drop arcane surge but that 13% more spell dmg is really probably better.

Any advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info