[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

"
Sidhuraj wrote:
Hi guys. What mods should I look for on the wand? Thank you.

I have a list of mods to look for under the Gear->Explanation Tab
Sorry if this has been covered (almost certainly)

Is there a benefit to using SpellSlinger with WoC/Combustion over "Trigger Spell"/Poets Pen wand doing something like WoC/Offering/Debuff cycles??
One major benefit for Spellslinger I can see, is that Spellslinger cast all spells at once, not one at the time.

Say you have two Poet's Pen with VD in one, and Desecrate and Detonate Dead in the other.

On attack 1, you will cast Desecrate.
On attack 2, you will cast VD (from second wand)
On attack 3, you will cast Detonate Dead (if only Desecrate in wand, you would here cast desecrate again).

While with Spellslinger:
On attack 1, you will cast Desecrate, VD and Detonate Dead.

Another benefit, is that Spellslinger cast at the start of the attack, and not the end, like Poet's Pen does.
This means that starting one attack is not to kill a normal pack, and you don't have to worry about cancelling the attack etc, as the spells will go off either way.

Poet's Pen's does have a lower CD per spell, so with infinite AS they are probably better.

Having both VD and Desecrate cast from a single attack is a major QoL buff though, and makes clearing (especially while leveling, I'm in act 5 atm) much much simpler.
Are the gems on POB stronger than the ones recommended here?
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered (almost certainly)

Is there a benefit to using SpellSlinger with WoC/Combustion over "Trigger Spell"/Poets Pen wand doing something like WoC/Offering/Debuff cycles??

Trigger socketed spells on a rare wand is the best option, because it frees up an aura. On a spellslinger it will cast more often but it is best on a wand so we can have another aura like detonate dead or herald of ash!
"
Flong wrote:
Are the gems on POB stronger than the ones recommended here?

The gems in the guide are for league start but the PoB are what I update it to over time. The big difference is the use of "trigger a socketed spell" suffix on the wand opens up out gem links. I will make this more clear in the guide good question
Hi im using your build, can u help me with my gear? i think i missing something
I cant do T16 maps, thank you

"
tmoont wrote:
Hi im using your build, can u help me with my gear? i think i missing something
I cant do T16 maps, thank you

You're missing flat adds # to # fire damage on the wand. That stat adds a lot of DPS because of how the spellslinger converts the flat damage.

The flask Rumi's Concoction helps with living, and you do not have freeze immunity on the flasks.

Other than those things I cannot say what is truly holding you back. Send me your PoB so I can take a better look :P
The bit of this build I find offputting is the use of Shield Charge...

Shield Charge is a crap skill - clunky and it's putting yourself at risk to reduce risk which is - erm - odd...

There is another way to get Fortify - stolen from the King of Summoners build - which might work/be of interest here but I'm too-low to test it right now.

Animate Guardian using a Kingmaker Axe - grants you (and your pets) Fortify and a couple of other buffs

Downsides - the cost of the axe (45c - lost if the Guardian dies) means it's not worth doing until you have a solid Guardian (L19+ - Level 68+) and range may also be an issue as we don't build that here?

AG benefits from Blood Magic and Meatshield Supports so it's a 3-gem for 3-gem swap at worst - anyone tried this by any chance??
Last edited by ohnpeat on May 10, 2020, 5:06:26 PM
*edit*
Solved
Last edited by Fr4nXter on May 11, 2020, 6:28:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info