Please increase base time for timer in delirium

It is not even about the length of the timer, it is the existence of the timer.
The difficulty already gets exponentially harder, there is no point of getting it timed.
Yeah, I know, GGG is obsessed of all these timed shit for their 0.001%; it just another flawed design.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
I have maybe 4k hours played, but I still enjoy slower paced gameplay and I agree with this topic... The mist ends, for me, around half way through map because obviously im not fast enough.
My opinion is that during a leaque, the mechanic should be fully playable, specially for new players who are learning the mechanics and take their time slashing thru the content.
lol that ruski-english will make sure they ignore your thread, no matter how much you post it around.

Stick to overcharging for mastercrafting.
yes please, we already have an end delirium keybind so why not just use that instead of a timer?
There are two options available if the game is too difficult for you:
1) grow a pair, learn the game and make better builds or 2) go play something else.

Players like you ruin the difficulty and make the game trivial for actual fans.
Infortunely I have to agree with you, there are a lot a bosses who you have to spend a lot a time waiting him phases, in that case, you lost huge time doing the boss. This league isn't a newbie friendly, i think GGG did it do kill the player who already now something about the game, but this ended killing the game, so the one thing they can do is nerf all the league content, like we saw in the most recently patch notes, 3.10.0d and e, reducing almost 50% life of all the mobs and 25~40% damage reduction. To be honest, for us, players who have more knowledge about the game and the builds, can do the delirium content without problems, yesterday I did a Simulacrum, it was "easy" to do, i spend around 80c in equipaments, the core is two poet's pen, i did until Wave 17 and died because this fucking extra chaos damage. So, yes they need to nerf somethings and add more time to Delirium, but i disagree with one thing, PoE isn't a slow action RPG, so I highly recommend try to do a full clear build, you'll avoid troubles and do better the content, also a slower and tanky build just is recommended in league start when you want to do all core content before the league content to make currency
Game was optimised for top 1%..

lab runners beat lab in 3min.
If they changed drops for people who make lab in 30min having great time, anyone who makes lab in 5min or so would break the market.

Same thing for all content sadly..

Better would be to suggest how to make it work. If no ideas, then it wont happen.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Ciribomflax wrote:
There are two options available if the game is too difficult for you:
1) grow a pair, learn the game and make better builds or 2) go play something else.

Players like you ruin the difficulty and make the game trivial for actual fans.

Yeaaaa... check the OPs profile...he's got like 40/40 in EVERY league...I think he just might qualify as an "actual fan".
The short version: I think the biggest problem for people with this league is that they don't understand that you are not supposed to always beat 100% of the map in delirium, but people talk like they should, its like complaining that you don't get to kill every statue on a timeless monolith for max gains.

This League's been a blast, I get tons of free stuff every map and 100% delirium maps are incredibly rewarding while having no timer.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

not all builds created with zoom zoom speed of light
not all builds have +500% move speed
not all builds have unlimited use crazy fast move skills

You don't need this level of speed to do Delirium, just make sure to always follow the mist's direction while killing stuff, and don't try to always clear 100% if its taking too long move on, finding the right timing is up to you.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

not all players learned delirium and mechanic so why punish them so hard

Here's a crazy thought, learn. If you really can't figure it out by yourself
(Which you should, this league ain't that confusing/complex) go to the forums and wiki and read up.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

some boss has A LOT of life! SO much HP bosses have and sometimes bosses more than one and all bosses have WAY more life and MANY builds can't fast kill them in such low time!

Make/Get a better build, so far getting to the boss is usually my problem (Map layout can really cut the Delirium short), once there its not too tough to melt them (I'm running a Necromancer build using the currency I found on the way, so no crazy items and so far still have average speed).

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

backtracking and loot pick up takes a lot of time and many players can't be fast enough to complete delirium in time

This is definitely a flaw in the league, the best you can do is not pickup stuff and do a run back once the Delirium is over, I imagine there was a good reason as to why the Delirium doesn't drop all items at the end (Technical reason or possibly too many items, imagine getting a whole maps worth of items in one spot lol).

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

fast builds vs slow builds - you punish too much slow builds with such fast small timer as we have now

If you are slow you better hit hard as hell and be tankier, clearing the monsters you encounter faster, else your build is truly bad, plus, at the very least you should have a movement skill (Usually with Faster Attacks or equivalent) and some movement speed in boots with any build, most even have space for a quicksilver flask.
"
gabrielci wrote:
The short version: I think the biggest problem for people with this league is that they don't understand that you are not supposed to always beat 100% of the map in delirium, but people talk like they should, its like complaining that you don't get to kill every statue on a timeless monolith for max gains.

Issue is the league was sold as a "the limiting factor is how strong you are, fight harder enemies for better rewards" but what it is at this point is just clear the map as fast as possible rushing for the best rewards, you play something that can't clear at the meta speed and the fog overtakes you, your strength doesn't matter per say but the speed you run and clear does. You can be a super hard hitting tank but can't fully engage with the league mechanic while the full crit multi-screen clear build with little tank will clear everything ezpz.

Legion and breach/incursions for that matter are small scale encounters, they take up little space and require little movement to fully engage with, certain skills being better than others like always but they are more inclusive than delirium.

The timer (and on death effects for that matter despite GGG's iffy reasoning) only serve to hinder the build diversity for fully engaging in the league mechanic as the meta speedy bois will clear everything while not being hindered by the timer or on death effects due to their speed and range for killing stuff. I've seen a number of people say the orb'd maps feel soo much better than the normal encounters because that forced rush mentality is gone and you can go at your own pace. They could have just made the orbs make delirium more difficult for better rewards and had the base mechanic not have a timer either since it's not like it would really change the way the speedy meta builds play but rather let anyone not playing those engage with the league more.

Could you imagine if metamorph had a timer on beating the bosses? Timers only serve to limit the builds that can fully engage with a mechanic and personally I don't think the timer on delirium serves any good purpose.
Last edited by IonDrako on Mar 24, 2020, 5:06:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info