[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Elenher wrote:
As a noob, really not feeling this build, sadly. Level 65 and I get oneshotted again and again by anything, and most of the time the character's rendered unable to move by crowds. I'm not even in maps :\
You have only 2k life, resists not capped even if you didn't kill second Kitava yet (it's only -30 and you're lacking 50-60 resist points in lightning and cold), and you have 1 lab done at the point you should have done at least 2, maybe even 3.

You will need to fix resists on your gear and maybe spec more life nodes until you get energy shield gear. It's good to aim for at least 4k life when starting maps.

P.S. If you're still using bane to level, you should never be swarmed by a crowd, you should always apply bane as the mobs appear / approach from far away instead of jumping into them. If you want to skip them and not kill them, you need quartz flask, phase run or withering step to use when mobs bodyblock you to pass through them.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 18, 2021, 2:13:34 AM
"
Elenher wrote:
As a noob, really not feeling this build, sadly. Level 65 and I get oneshotted again and again by anything, and most of the time the character's rendered unable to move by crowds. I'm not even in maps :\

Followed and read every point, except for my second wand and my belt, wich I don't have funds to upgrade. I'm guessing it has 0 phys reduction and that's why anything kills it so easy. Isn't there any other layer of defense I'm missing?
Hi

Sorry you are not feeling the build. It might not be your playstyle, I did take a look at your build, however.

Well first, it looks like you have Increased area of effect linked in your Malevolence and Discipline, which increases the mana cost, which lowers your mana which in theory, making you have less health from less mana.

What Mind Over Matter does, is 30% of EACH hit you take is taken from your mana. So you want as much mana as possible. You take Eldritch Battery so your Energy Shield goes to your mana, and then you can use your mana for auras to make you do more damage, and have more energy shield.

How you level with bane is: you keep running until you see a pack, you hit bane, you run past them and DO NOT let them touch you. Temporal chains slows them, Despair curses them for increased damage, and they should melt. If it's a yellow monster you cast Essence Drain, or if you start to get low on health cast Essence Drain because it regenerates your health for the amount of damage it does. Also you have Blight which applies Withered (from the unique jewel called a "Threshold jewel," the Spreading Rot. which increases the damage the enemy takes.

When you are finished with Act 10, you will remove the Bane setup entirely, and you will switch over to the full Essence Drain - Contagion setup, keep Mind over Matter until you are level 75-80 and you have enough skill points. I recommend having around 3000 Energy Shield before going CI which is Chaos Innoculation. What CI is, it's a talent that makes your health pool 1, and you are COMPLETELY IMMUNE from chaos damage.
(For future reference, Chaos damage bypasses Energy Shield, you don't need to worry now because chaos isn't huge. This is why we buy the chest "Shavronne's Wrappings.")

Did you take a look at the Act 5 section for gear and try to buy some? I can recommend on top to buy Energy Shield gear based because it helps Mind over Matter, which makes you tankier.

I didn't have any issues with using a 4 link throughout the entire playthrough, I did die here and there, but they were common mistakes and me trying to rush to beat all my friends.
Granted I have played this build in the past but you need to think of yourself as a spellcaster, not a tanky melee build who can tank the world.
"
Viktranka wrote:
You have only 2k life, resists not capped even if you didn't kill second Kitava yet (it's only -30 and you're lacking 50-60 resist points in lightning and cold), and you have 1 lab done at the point you should have done at least 2, maybe even 3.

You will need to fix resists on your gear and maybe spec more life nodes until you get energy shield gear. It's good to aim for at least 4k life when starting maps.

P.S. If you're still using bane to level, you should never be swarmed by a crowd, you should always apply bane as the mobs appear / approach from far away instead of jumping into them. If you want to skip them and not kill them, you need quartz flask, phase run or withering step to use when mobs bodyblock you to pass through them.
Hi

Thank you for always helping on this subreddit, you are a very helpful individual <3

So the 2k life is fine, I believe is the 2k life with only 680 Energy shield, as well as resists not being capped, it's definitely not the end of the world, but pretty big, especially both of those, low energy shield and low resists.

Also I just noticed he is using a Hallowed life Flask when he should be using a Divine Life Flask.

I actually only aim for 2-3k HP with about 2k Energy shield (but it's mind over matter) and then I believe switching over to CI with ~3000 Energy shield is what is best. CI is good until about yellow-red maps and then it starts to fall off hard, but by then Shavronnes should be down and we should have enough currency to buy what we need.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Apr 18, 2021, 3:38:33 AM
Thanks both, I will try to work on the points you gave me.
I have some basic questions about acquiring gear.

For example, in act 3 I already need to find 6 linked gears:

Bane - Despair - Temporal Chains - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Efficacy.

How would I get this gear? Vendors usually don't have this gear and it's too early to buy. I only played one league before and I remember getting 6 linked gear of the right colors is extremely hard.

Even in act 2 I was supposed to have 4 linked gears which I couldn't find, then the guide says to get a vaal blight, but how would I even go about obtaining this gem while leveling up unless I buy it from someone?
"
oscar111 wrote:
For example, in act 3 I already need to find 6 linked gears
You don't need it. If you level later in the league and can afford a tabula, go for it. Otherwise it's normal to have a 3-link up to act3 where 4-links start to appear and not have a 6-link until much later.

You just don't slot extra support gems if you have fewer sockets linked, but it's good to have a full setup shown in case someone gets a lucky tabula or something.

"
oscar111 wrote:
get a vaal blight, but how would I even go about obtaining this gem while leveling up unless I buy it from someone?
You might be lucky and get one from vaal side areas or by corrupting blight with a vaal orb, otherwise you can use normal blight where needed (usually only on bosses that live too long for bane or essence drain to kill them).
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 18, 2021, 10:25:43 AM
-
Last edited by alevil1234 on Apr 19, 2021, 10:07:18 AM
Can someone explain why I had to buy 5 essence drain gems in act 1 when only one is used?
"
oscar111 wrote:
Can someone explain why I had to buy 5 essence drain gems in act 1 when only one is used?

to level as many as possible to level 20 so you can try and corrupt them to level 21 which is a huge dps boost.
"
Viktranka wrote:

"
oscar111 wrote:
get a vaal blight, but how would I even go about obtaining this gem while leveling up unless I buy it from someone?
You might be lucky and get one from vaal side areas or by corrupting blight with a vaal orb, otherwise you can use normal blight where needed (usually only on bosses that live too long for bane or essence drain to kill them).

you can always use blight with spell totem to wither stuff until you have the vaal skill.
"
oscar111 wrote:
I have some basic questions about acquiring gear.

For example, in act 3 I already need to find 6 linked gears:

Bane - Despair - Temporal Chains - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Efficacy.

How would I get this gear? Vendors usually don't have this gear and it's too early to buy. I only played one league before and I remember getting 6 linked gear of the right colors is extremely hard.

Even in act 2 I was supposed to have 4 linked gears which I couldn't find, then the guide says to get a vaal blight, but how would I even go about obtaining this gem while leveling up unless I buy it from someone?
Hi
No one anyone would be able to afford a 6-link by act 3, unless they got SUPER lucky and found a tabula.
I have the gear linked with gems in the PoB, with the most importance so if you do have a 6 link, you can use them, if you only have a 4 link, or a 3 link, take the last couple gems off, at the very end.

A Vaal Blight is what is ideal, but starting off with a new league you will not have one.
It is recommended to buy it later when you acquire more currency and can afford it, you will buy it for an Alchemy Orb.

"
alevil1234 wrote:
-
Hi

I relatively saw your comment but I have been busy for the past couple of days so I could not respond.

You are struggling in red maps? Is that correct?

Mind over Matter or CI falls off about around yellow-red maps so that is expected.

You need to actually switch over to the low life side of things, to get the 30% more damage.
"
oscar111 wrote:
Because Essence Drain level 21 is pretty expensive.
You will corrupt these once they hit level 20, and HOPEFULLY, one will be level 21.
You may end up buying an Essence Drain level 21 before getting your own 21 because it is such a huge DPS increase, so once this Essence Drain hits 21 you will sell it, or hit it 21 for yourself to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info