[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

Thanks for the detailed guide

I have one question,Totems are not affected by minion nodes, so why spiritual aid node is here?

i'm just newbie and I don't know the details of game.

I would appreciate it if you let me know in detail.
"
Philosophical wrote:
why spiritual aid node is here?
It turns "minions do increased damage" stat into "you deal increased damage" stat so it's good for non-minion builds that already path on that side of the tree.

Keep in mind it only affects minion "damage" stat not minion life or cast speed stat.

Most common points that benefit from this transformation (and are used in self cast non minion builds) are Righteous Army, Lord of the Dead and Retribution.
"
bryceslays1 wrote:
hello, i just finished act 10 and starting to gear myself for maps, get all the gems and links and was wondering what auras i am supposed to run at this point. malevolence and zealotry, or continue with malevolence and discipline. Also it would be really nice to have some more info on how to make the build CI, when to go into CI and what gear to use. thanks
Hi
So currently I am doing CI, and the auras that I am using are currently Malevolence, Discipline, Flesh and Stone, and Clarity level 1.

CI is really only needed to be done early on in the league or when you do not have a lot of currency to buy items. Honestly it's not much different than the low life version, the only difference is the two talent points of course, and then the armour pieces, Shavronnes Wrapping's, and Presence of Chayula, which are required for the build.
Also make sure if you are not CI your Chaos Resistance is capped. I see a lot of people telling me how squishy they are with only 20% Chaos Resistance.
"
DaDrivel wrote:
Thanks for the nice guide :)
Brought me smoothly and quickly through acts and also into maps. I sometimes was a little squishy, but that's what you get when you aim for DPS I guess.

I'd really be glad if you could write one or two sentences about CI. I switched from Bane/ED to Contagion/ED with CI now and kinda have problems sustaining mana. I also wasn't sure which auras to use as the blood magic does not work anymore.

Thanks again and keep the good work up!
Hi! I stated it in the above comment, but I will repeat so you don't have to read it! The auras I am running are: Malevolence, Discipline, Flesh and Stone, and Clarity level 1.

CI is Chaos Innoculation, which means our health becomes 1. Blood Magic is a gem which reserves our health, this is used to make us low life so the passive skill "Pain Attunement" will work. Blood magic and CI do not work together.
Reserving your health with Blood Magic ONLY Works with the low life build, so I wouldn't even use Blood Magic if I did not have Shavronne's and/or Presence of Chayula.

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Philosophical wrote:
why spiritual aid node is here?
It turns "minions do increased damage" stat into "you deal increased damage" stat so it's good for non-minion builds that already path on that side of the tree.

Keep in mind it only affects minion "damage" stat not minion life or cast speed stat.

Most common points that benefit from this transformation (and are used in self cast non minion builds) are Righteous Army, Lord of the Dead and Retribution.
Hi!
The node here

It says "Increases to Minion Damage Also Affect You" - this means that if something says "Your Minions Deal 15% Increased Damage," that stat means "YOU Deal 15% Increased Damage."
The title of this build is misleading, this is not a "very beginner friendly" build. In fact I find this to be one of the more advanced builds I have done over the last couple of years.
Im lost, i mean im missing something or dont understand how can you run all this auras
Zealotry
Malevolence
Clarity
Discipline
Flesh and stone

my tree is almost same, or you doing some switch with auras or? :lostinvoidface:
"
Jataa wrote:
Im lost, i mean im missing something or dont understand how can you run all this auras
You can do it once you transition from CI to low life, because you can put extra auras on your life.
yeah but Havoc209 have all this auras on him right now (his actual character is CI not LL) so i dont know if he using all of them/ few of them or what
So i had the divination cards, and some socket colour seeds, and managed to get this with pretty much no currency invested, but im wondering if it's worth finishing this and somehow gearing for the dex requirements, or if i should really save up for a better base.

Keep in mind this was super cheap, I didn't use cannot roll attacks + slam at all.
"
thedemon44 wrote:
The title of this build is misleading, this is not a "very beginner friendly" build. In fact I find this to be one of the more advanced builds I have done over the last couple of years.
Hi.
I am sorry you feel that way, what do you think makes it "advanced?"

I feel I rather lay everything pretty well, care to point out how it is not a "very beginner friendly" build, or how it can be imrpoved?
"
Jataa wrote:
Zealotry
Malevolence
Clarity
Discipline
Flesh and stone

my tree is almost same, or you doing some switch with auras or? :lostinvoidface:
Hello!

So I am using ALL of those auras BESIDES Zealotry, I also have Aspect of the Spider, but I do not have enough mana to use it currently, I am just preparing for my end-game set-up.

Sorry for the confusion! Where do you think I can add this on the build so other's wouldn't be confused as you are now? I do agree I do not say much about being CI, but the focus is being low life, but I should thoroughly mention what to use.
"
Ybong wrote:

Hi!

I would try to sell that bow if you COULD! You could probably get a couple Exalted (1-4) hopefully from selling it!
The Dex is reeeally high or else I would say try to craft on it, but you COULD try to find a few pieces of gear with dex on it, or grab a 30 Dex Node, you are just losing out on a lot of damage/surivability if you do that.

In the end I would try to buy a better base, it's going to cost roughly 6-7 Exalted orbs (MINIMUM) to craft the bow anyways, so that's going to be our end-end game setup.
The title is click-baity just like most other build titles. This one is pretty bad though because it's LL and it is not beginner friendly at all. Transitioning to CI or LL is awkward if you don't know when you have the proper gear. I'd suggest following another Ed build like this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551

Works out better, especially for beginners. The respec isn't bad at all
Last edited by InfantWhale on Jun 24, 2020, 11:44:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info