[3.12] Devon's CoC Bladefall + BB Assassin | Reflect Immune | 3M+ DPS

Pros
+ Boss killer
+ Map clearer
+ 3M+ DPS (at least: 2m Bladefall + 1m Blade Blast)
+ immune to reflect since 100% crit chance Assassin Boi
+ excellent sustain, 1800ES/s + 500ES regen
+ 7k+ ES
+ uses only 2 uniques (ignoring flasks)

Cons
- not recommended as league starter or your first build!! (low life ES, coloring, tough start)
- somewhat expensive to max out, Shavs, Presence of Chayula, Shaper belt
- freeze can be annoying on freezing bosses (get extra anti freeze flask)

What changed in 3.12
---------------------------------
- nerfed Assassin ascendancy
- assassins mark buffed but will only apply on one enemy

- optimized the tree a little

Conclusion: Not much changed, will need a bit more critical chance investment for reflect immunity. If the assassins mark on hit rings still exist the Assassins mark change will be a buff. Copy the new pastebin.
---------------------------------

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Spin with Cyclone, cast at a rate of 7 Bladefalls/s. Shred stuff with bladefall and detonate the blades left behind for that extra dps on bosses 8either self cast BB or spell totem BB).

IMPORTANT CoC rule:
If you don't have any cooldown reduction aim for 6.06 attack speed or less!
If you have at least 14% cooldown reduction aim for 7.57 attack speed or less!
(as close as you can get to those numbers but not more!)

Videos and Gifs

Showcase - Leveling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtUz7snn_qU

Showcase - Endgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBGeeFl8iY

Sirus (A6)

Simulacrum

Path of Building - Pastabin

localidentity fork
https://pastebin.com/md2JuVTT (updated for 3.12)

Everything is inside, use this^
I even incorporated the new Cluster option alongside Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Endgame - lvl94 (Cluster option)", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I used and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- Use one Praxis ring if u can to handle the mana costs
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it
- accuracy, attack speed, critical strike chance and spell damage ALL help you

Guide:

Spoiler
Pick up Ethereal Knives at start and use it with random support gems until you get Blade Vortex at Merveil. Use BV until Act 3 where you get Bladefall. Use self cast Bladefall (or BV) until you get CWC or COC from Malachai. Start blasting.

Passive tree, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

Spoiler
Will post it soon

Bandits

Recommended: Kill all

Alternative - Alira - don't need mana regen, don't need resistances, the only real benefit would be crit multi (not worth 20% multi for 2pts)

Pantheon

Bosses:
Brine King + Ryslatha - Best overall survivability, freeze can be a pain in the ass when there are no mobs to kill around

Mapping:
Lunaris + Gurukhan - Move speed + avoidance (good alternatives are chaos damage reduction and bleed avoidance on minor gods)

All Links

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

Body Armour (6L) Cyclone(21/20) = Cast on Critical(20/20) > Bladefall(21/20) > Increased Critical Strikes(20/20) > Power Charge on Critical(20/20) > Concentrated Effect(20/20)

IMPORTANT: The reason why PCOC is before Concentrated effect is because the quality (%) on PCOC gives critical strike chance and it rounds it up to 100% (reflect immunity and consistent Bladefalls)

Boots (pseudo 5L): Blade Blast(21/20) =[/b] Spell Totem (20, in boots) > Controlled Destruction(20/20) > Increased Critical Damage(20/20) > Power Charge on Critical(20/20) RECOMMENDED

OR

Helmet (pseudo 5L): Blade Blast(21/20) = Concentrated Effect (20, in Helmet) > Controlled Destruction(20/20) > Arcane Surge(20/20) > Power Charge on Critical(20/20)

1st 4L = Zealotry (20) + Precision (20) + Flesh and Stone (20) + War Banner (13/20)

2nd 4L = CWDT (7) + Immortal Call (9) + Ice Golem (9) + Increased Duration (20/20)

1st 3L = Flame Dash (20/20) + Arcane Surge (7) + Faster Casting (20/20)

2nd 3L = Blood Magic (20) + Vaal Discipline (20) + Herald of Ash (20)

Gear

Recommended during leveling:

= best combo for starting out.

Tabula Rasa or any decent yellow 5L with life until you get shavs. Or use Solaris Lorica (no 5L then).

My gear:

Alternative weapons:

My flasks:

Bleed, Curse and Freeze Immunity + 2 best Damage flasks.

Optional flasks:

Anointment:

The best Anointment:
Tranquility

2nd best Anointment:
Arcane Guarding

My personal current achievements with the build:

Not sure if this is an indicator of anything but it was nice seeing my char at the top of the DPS list for Bladefall :D

Did 19 challenges
Killed quite a bit of Conquerors and Guardians
Killed Sirus (thrice: A4, A5, A6)
Killed Elder (deathless)
Killed Shaper (deathless)
Beat Simulacrum two times

Maybe some of you will be hyped as I am for this one, if you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

This is what I'll be playing this league (3.11):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874747

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Sep 17, 2020, 1:07:55 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2020, 7:34:31 PM
Love your builds, play them nearly every league you have been releasing them so far :)

Say I have a fetish for using 2 handers when it comes to cyclone builds, can you recommend a 2h version of something like this?

Been so hyped for something along the lines of this since the announcement of BB!
"
Xanacross wrote:
Love your builds, play them nearly every league you have been releasing them so far :)

Say I have a fetish for using 2 handers when it comes to cyclone builds, can you recommend a 2h version of something like this?

Been so hyped for something along the lines of this since the announcement of BB!

First of all, thank you very much!

And secondly, done, check the build guide under the Gear section :D
Something like that would do wonders.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
I went down the Assassin CoC rabbit hole last league and now all I think about are Assassin CoC builds. This is pretty much the build I was gonna league start as well. Possibilities are endless...

End Game for this build could be:

- Going Cyclone like you are, then getting enough currency to go high ES crit or splody chest, Atziri's Reflection, Cowards Legacy belt for low life shenanigans without a Shavs, and possibly using a Cold Iron Point as a +3 to both spells

An alternative to melee weapons and casting Blade Blast could be:

- Try 6 link bow with CoC on it and Rain of Arrows/Barrage proccing bladefall, then doing 4 link Blade Blast in the spell casting helm (Aesenath's Chant)

This is a great guide for us to see what works out the best in the end. Pretty stoked for Bladefall and Blade Blasting my way through end game this league!
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Mar 13, 2020, 9:21:22 AM
Yeah I went the CoC build last league too, ince nova CoC - it's been a blast, going explosion chest will be pretty much a must with this I would say, since the delivium mobs will scale nicely, and their hp will raise high :D

CoC ice nova is certainly not a league starter tho, needs cospris to shine.

Gonna try your build as starter, see how it goes.

thanks!
Actually, i just reflected, have you thought about your defenses? 7k ES is not really much, and we're not going actobatics, so... a bit risky
I am playing this build right now, thanks for the build first
But i find that tempered mind doesnt provide accuracy rate anymore
how should i deal with it if i dont want to use lycosidae?
Um... Pain attunement? Why? 1,1k is not low life...
"
zackshih wrote:

Ah yeah, I ran into that problem as well. Use an abyss jewel with 200+ accuracy and try to get some accuracy on your dagger (preferably also 200+). Will update today.

"
Aurell wrote:
Actually, i just reflected, have you thought about your defenses? 7k ES is not really much, and we're not going actobatics, so... a bit risky

Yep, Flesh and stone that blinds, shield, maybe some block notables that I'm using atm and ES leech.
If push comes to shove I'll get a defensive curse or spec more into ES but I don't think it will be needed.

"
Aurell wrote:

Ummm, it's not 1,1k, check the blood magic reservation... you end up with something like 30hp :D
"
devon752 wrote:
"
zackshih wrote:

Ah yeah, I ran into that problem as well. Use an abyss jewel with 200+ accuracy and try to get some accuracy on your dagger (preferably also 200+). Will update today.

"
Aurell wrote:

Yep, Flesh and stone that blinds, shield, maybe some block notables that I'm using atm and ES leech.
If push comes to shove I'll get a defensive curse or spec more into ES but I don't think it will be needed.

"
Aurell wrote:

Ummm, it's not 1,1k, check the blood magic reservation... you end up with something like 30hp :D

Alright, cheers, still doesnt feel safe i think. Anyway, what about mana? have you thought getting some mana leech to free flask slots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info