Mana-based Gems and Stormbind Demo

Maybe not as league starter but I would consider it further.
But still when we'll get the patch note, if the damage is crazy I could change my mind !

Ty GGG for the good work
Another spell ? Are you serious GGG ?! Now we have 83 blue gems and 55 RED GEMS ! Great balance :]
what a waste of development time for 3 useless gems
It's nice to have a new guard skill i hope they keep on coming. Steel skin would definitely need a way to scale the amount of damage it can absorb too, a not too expensive one too, or molten shell will still be a better option because of how easy it is to scale...

Doesn't mean it should get gutted as that would kill a lot of hardcore builds, but it'd be cool if at some point all guard skills could be viable...

Evasion/dodge based characters need to invest an insane amount of currency to get to the same level of defense as VMS, often having to use max block, glancing blows and shaper/crusader shield with life/es on block for sustain or divine flesh etc...

Steel skin is a joke of a skill right now, let us scale it please. Otherwise good looking stuff.
Last edited by Okult on Mar 5, 2020, 5:39:25 AM
It smells like indigon abuse (^__^)
When will melee get things like this GGGCent?
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
While the concept is neat, I think someone forgot to look at the current design philosophy. Mana leech was restricted to attacks and mana passives nerfed because "it's too easy to sustain mana". So now, by design, having a large mana pool requires heavy investment. That is a tradeoff for damage or survivability. Most people investing in mana enough to get a decently sized mana pool are using their mana for the mind over matter keystone. This directly competes with utilizing mana for skills. So unless these gems are ridiculously broken with their scaling, I'm finding it hard to imagine any significant number of builds in which these gems would be useful.
All I can think of is Whispering Ice/Ice Storm and how this will interact.

Th highest mana pools in game can be found on a WI build.

This could be very juicy!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Veery nice indeed.
"
frostzor27 wrote:
When will melee get things like this GGGCent?

Why would you want 3 useless gems for melee too? Take stormbind for an example, it is so painfully slow it hurts my eyes watching this bs.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info