Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

So now that 3.0.10 is basically dead on launch (unless your into yellow maps all day looooong), what are you going to be playing??
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
"Delirium being a high-reward league if you take risks"

Meaning alot of rip than current league.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Metamorph was a mess in regards of map drops, I went from Blight with 100 maps + at T15, to 10 maps at T15.

I honestly don´t know where all those maps were supposed to drop, as in my case they simply put did not drop at all. I did T14+ metamorphs and they dropped T1 maps.
Temple had T1 maps, Delve had T4 maps, Zana sold T5 maps...

The only thing that worked were conquerers spawning, as they appeard after each third map I did.

In future I will get even less maps and conquerers take 9 maps. That is a nerf no matter how you put it.
If this league is your idea of a "flood of maps" I'm pretty sure I wont be playing this game anymore.

And while working for most people I have had to run 100s of maps for each Sirius ( yes I am doing it correctly) At some point you have to eliminate rng as a means of Atlas progression. This my case and other like it were clearly bugs, this unaddressed and unacknowledged problem complete ruined this league for me.

Phased fights suck. Especially when you can be killed but have no ability to attack and do damage. This is a time=loot=fun game so anything that slows us down is shitty. A five to minute fight slog isn't fun at all, and waiting for dialog and scripted actions gets tedious quickly. The cinematics may be fun to create, but get old real quick after the 5th or 6th or 500th time. Let us skip the pauses, the dialogs, and reward massive damage build by letting us one shot them for a frigging change.

In short make the game more fun. We play out of compulsion rather than anything fun or rewarding. Stop nerfing shit to make the game more challenging/rewarding to the top .1% player base and more miserable for us regular folk.

Maybe consider eliminating all armor and weapon chests/nodes. Lame.
(because in the past they were a great source of Maps)

This reason is not logical for removing map-drop reward.

Why we doing maps is we need to collect specific material(Voltaxic Sulphite, splinter, etc) for accessing contents which is not map itself. And we are accessing these contents for Endgame reward, NOT FOR MORE MAPs. You are putting cart before the horse.

Why we play less Delve or Temple is partially because the Metamorph Bosses this season drop all these rewards(Incursion armours, fossils, unveil gears). It's reasonable that we spent less time doing those contents itself if we just can get those reward doing Metamorph Bosses.

What you have to do is to adjust the rewards of either Metamorph(nerf) or Master contents(buff), maybe both. DEFINITELY NOT THOSE MAPs! Doing maps is just a procedure for players completing his game.

MAPs ARE NOT THE REWARDS ITSELF.

Hope you doing the right things, I love your game, GGG.
Last edited by ciaomei on Mar 3, 2020, 10:48:26 PM
If your going to nerf the hell out of endgame maps can you at LEAST:

Remove the dumpster maps that no one ever, eeeee'eever runs like cells, overground shrine and all those maps with indestructible pebbles that my god warrior char cannot navigate around, or destroy

Can you ensure everyone is put into 'the map seed', so we all can have a chance to get red map drops and not just the three or four you found from your 'qa' team

please nerf head hunter self curse interaction. it just breaks the entire game.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
While map mods are designed to hinder your character, the Map Mod Effect can sometimes push it over a reasonable limit. We will make adjustments to those cases.

If there are any other problematic mods other than ailments, please let us know and we'll look at those too.

The two mods that for me should be looked into are
1- -% maximum player resistances.
2- Players have % less recovery rate of life and energy shield.

1-For min max resistances, this mod is far too strong baseline and even more with AL bonus when compared to other damage mods.
For a normal player with 75% res, it changes it to 60% effectively making the damage taken from 25% to 40% which is a 60% damage increase, while 30% monster damage is feared by many, this mod is twice stronger baseline.
This gets worse if you invested in max res, let's say you invested heavily and your have 85% max res, with this mod your go from 85% to 70%, effectively from 15% to 30% damage taken, so here a 100% increase. This is more than three times stronger than the feared %damage mod in this case.

I would personnaly ask for a rework or removal of this mod as it has too strong synergies with some mods like "monsters deal 137% extra damage as fire/cold/lightning".
note: for the same reason the delve mod "monster damage penetrates 12% elemental resistances" should be treated the same.

2-For the less recovery it is the same kind of issue, it's in my opinion much worse than the no regen if you decide to play it, here's why.
let's assume a normal player which has 800 regen (consecrated ground + base regen)and 1500 leech per second.
In a no regen map you will have only 1500 leech working which is a ~35% nerf, and life regen from flasks is unaffected.
In a less recovery map you will have 75% less of 2300(800+1500) which is 575, 2.6 times harder than a no regen which is already considered too strong. Any ground effect or form of dot (bleed ingite chaos...) will suddenly be extremly dangerous because regen from flasks is also affected.

I would greatly reduce the base less recovery from -60% to ~~-45% to match the AL bonuses.

There are a few other offenders on the list like ground effect far too present on some maps (more than 75% of the ground can be covered) or the crit with crit multiplier but it's less impacting than the two above.
"
DumpsterJedi wrote:
If this league is your idea of a "flood of maps" I'm pretty sure I wont be playing this game anymore.

And while working for most people I have had to run 100s of maps for each Sirius ( yes I am doing it correctly) At some point you have to eliminate rng as a means of Atlas progression. This my case and other like it were clearly bugs, this unaddressed and unacknowledged problem complete ruined this league for me.

Phased fights suck. Especially when you can be killed but have no ability to attack and do damage. This is a time=loot=fun game so anything that slows us down is shitty. A five to minute fight slog isn't fun at all, and waiting for dialog and scripted actions gets tedious quickly. The cinematics may be fun to create, but get old real quick after the 5th or 6th or 500th time. Let us skip the pauses, the dialogs, and reward massive damage build by letting us one shot them for a frigging change.

In short make the game more fun. We play out of compulsion rather than anything fun or rewarding. Stop nerfing shit to make the game more challenging/rewarding to the top .1% player base and more miserable for us regular folk.

Maybe consider eliminating all armor and weapon chests/nodes. Lame.

I agree with you. I always go to discord etc for chats or even play a bit youtube video before the Sirus fight, and even in between phases. And in mapping, I always skip phased bosses because there is simply not much return.
"3.10.0 will still result in a flood of maps compared to pre-3.9.0 Path of Exile"

So nerf in the end? Standard drop more than league?

No, dont like. Drop was ok, I would like to see more lvl 16 maps than is in current state.

Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 3, 2020, 11:05:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info