Evasion and Damage Reflection questions

"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You hit the monster for some amount of damage, affected by the monster's mitigation. 20% of the damage it actually took is reflected back to you, and affected by your mitigation.

Reflected damage is the same kinds of damage as your initial hit. If you hit with a spell, then the reflected damage is unevadable and only blockable by spell block. If you hit with an attack, it's evadable and regularly blockable, etc.

Does this mean a build with the 75% block, acrobatics maxed dodge, and a good EV (and enough life, um thats a lot of skill points just to defense, but for example), you could make yourself almost immune to physical reflect from mobs (assuming your attacking)?

Yes! You would only 1 shot yourself approximately 9% of the time!
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Mar 27, 2013, 5:54:33 PM
"
BRavich wrote:
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You hit the monster for some amount of damage, affected by the monster's mitigation. 20% of the damage it actually took is reflected back to you, and affected by your mitigation.

Reflected damage is the same kinds of damage as your initial hit. If you hit with a spell, then the reflected damage is unevadable and only blockable by spell block. If you hit with an attack, it's evadable and regularly blockable, etc.

Does this mean a build with the 75% block, acrobatics maxed dodge, and a good EV (and enough life, um thats a lot of skill points just to defense, but for example), you could make yourself almost immune to physical reflect from mobs (assuming your attacking)?

Yes! You would only 1 shot yourself approximately 9% of the time!
So ummm... Good block + acrobatics is mutually exclusive with HP?

Cause I'm pretty sure you can get 200+% HP ad still have room for Acrobatics+Block.

Edit: 109 Point Build With 250+% Health and just about every dual wield block node. 37% increased block chance while dual wielding. With a pair of Essentia Sanguis you reach 72% block chance.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Mar 27, 2013, 8:02:59 PM
"
But the reflection system for damage is going to be redone at some point.

While I'm sure you'd rather not share what the end state is, because one will not have tested such things yet, can you outline the theme and flavor of what you think is wrong with reflect such that you intend to "redo" it?

--C
I have one important question to add to this thread. Since you CAN evade ATTACK damage which is reflected. Can you evade rain of arrows damage? The thing with rain of arrows is that it is attack skill, therefore you should be able to evade it, however rain of arrows never misses. So in the end, can you evade the reflected rain of arrows damage?
does wearing a glare stop you from being able to evade your own reflect?
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on Jul 23, 2013, 4:16:24 PM
Yes.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yes.

Judging by Chris's facial expressions when this topic came up at the meetup in Melbourne, this stealth nerf to Lioneye's Glare and Resolute Technique was quite deliberate.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jul 23, 2013, 11:06:22 PM

...Oh well Iron reflexes time :)
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on Jul 24, 2013, 12:51:40 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

This is huge, and extremely important to anyone trying to figure out penetration/reflect mechanics.

If I deal 1000 Light Dmg with 30% Light Penetration to a monster with 0 resists, I cause 1300 Light Dmg, of which 18% is reflected back to me.

Frankly, it's broken.

Life Leech seems to be a decent mitigation against Ele Reflect (maybe even swapping to a Bloodseeker for Ele crowds).

However, using the Light Penetration gem, with a 8% Life Leech, I only get to leech back 8% of the 1000 Damage dealt, not the 1300 Damage received by the monster.

This means I'm dumping my Light Pen gem for AFD. Both have roughly the same effect in terms of DPS, but vastly different effects in terms of LL and Ele Reflect.

It's not quite as bad as you make it out to be, because of that 20% of 1300 = 260 dmg, it will be mitigated partially by your ele resists as well. With 75% resist, that brings you down to a mere 65 damage taken. Of course, if you hit 15 mobs at the same time, that's still a good 1400 damage you'll take ;)
"
sherkhan wrote:
This is huge, and extremely important to anyone trying to figure out penetration/reflect mechanics.

If I deal 1000 Light Dmg with 30% Light Penetration to a monster with 0 resists, I cause 1300 Light Dmg, of which 18% is reflected back to me.

Frankly, it's broken.

Life Leech seems to be a decent mitigation against Ele Reflect (maybe even swapping to a Bloodseeker for Ele crowds).

However, using the Light Penetration gem, with a 8% Life Leech, I only get to leech back 8% of the 1000 Damage dealt, not the 1300 Damage received by the monster.
But that's not true, and never has been. Leech is also calculated from the damage that's actually dealt, not some theoretical number of what the damage would have been if it wasn't mitigated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info