Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
Mecielle wrote:
I don't see any big reason to switch from one to the other right now. Maybe later when it comes to big investment and min-maxxing it would make sense. But right now if your DPS or survivability is bad with one version, it won't be much better with the other. Better to figure out where the problem is and fix it, because really noone should have low DPS with this build Molok wrote.

I agree with all of this.

Cold and Phys each just have their own pros/cons without one being obviously better right now. Will mention that I think Phys has an easier time adding in Spirit Guards due to more flexible gem slots.

On the other hand, I really like the cold freezing effect for defensive purposes. Also I think Cold needs to take the Indomitable Army wheel to fix minion survival issues, while phys does not. (Good suggestion on that a few pages back, btw).
"
"
Mecielle wrote:
I don't see any big reason to switch from one to the other right now. Maybe later when it comes to big investment and min-maxxing it would make sense. But right now if your DPS or survivability is bad with one version, it won't be much better with the other. Better to figure out where the problem is and fix it, because really noone should have low DPS with this build Molok wrote.

I agree with all of this.

Cold and Phys each just have their own pros/cons without one being obviously better right now. Will mention that I think Phys has an easier time adding in Spirit Guards due to more flexible gem slots.

On the other hand, I really like the cold freezing effect for defensive purposes. Also I think Cold needs to take the Indomitable Army wheel to fix minion survival issues, while phys does not. (Good suggestion on that a few pages back, btw).

Yea, I used Indomitable Army last league to fix my minions survivability in 1000+ delve depth so knew it would help a ton with survivability in the cold version. It really is underrated for how much it does for only 3 points. Later on I also ended up annointing Grave Intentions instead of a damage passive. It's not as big, and imo not worth it until you absolutely have to get more survivability, but if someone wants that in exchange for damage it's there.
"
Mecielle wrote:

Yea, I used Indomitable Army last league to fix my minions survivability in 1000+ delve depth so knew it would help a ton with survivability in the cold version. It really is underrated for how much it does for only 3 points. Later on I also ended up annointing Grave Intentions instead of a damage passive. It's not as big, and imo not worth it until you absolutely have to get more survivability, but if someone wants that in exchange for damage it's there.

In the Indomitable Army cluster are 2 important medium nodes beside the mayor one. One with physical damae reduction and the other with elemental resistances. You take both medium nodes or just one to link with indoitable army?. If so, which one is more important for the animate weapons?.

So, we take all the 4 nodes in the circle or just 3?
Last edited by yissus on Mar 17, 2020, 2:09:04 PM
I took 3, with the phys node. I think we already have pretty good ele resists for minions.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 17, 2020, 2:23:01 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Raizindesbois wrote:
I've been playing double AW (melee + ranged) + double Cold Point (+6 lvl to AW/AG/Golem/auras) for a few hours. The damages are absolutely ridiculous. For 60-70c.

I think this build is going to be huge in a few days, prices will go up quick.

Yea, the ranged AWs really put the clear speed on another level. I feel like I have a full blown Flame or Frost Sentinel setup on top of the normal AWs and charge generating Spectres.

The single target went down quite a bit by incorporating the ranged AWs. You won't have them in endgame boss fights, and to get to the jewel socket I gave up around 20% of the damage of my melee AWs. Still more than enough though, my 18 melee AWs still phase Sirus on AL5 in like 3 seconds. And I am still missing 3-4 levels (body armour, amulet and level 21 gem). Damage will be insane when I am finished.

But we knew single target would be good, and now with ranged AWs the clear speed is great too. This could turn out to be the best allrounder I have played in quite a while.

And the ranged AWs work for everyone, not just the phys version. I have a friend that plays cold conversion with Spirit Guards, and he says the same things.

So I'm looking to make this my second league build and I love the cold version but I'm also a physical lover of note xD Would it be best advised to go with the cold and level that way then make the switch when i have my phys gear up and ready? I have been looking for a AM build and am ready to settle on this one.

Also, when it comes to ranged AW, what do we use to summon those? Just select a ranged weapon (Sorry for the dumb question, never played AW xD)

Thanks in advance :D
Currently level 78 and got lucky with 6L Saq with Avian Wand. 3R2B1G, if I dont want to run elemental focus because I want to freeze, what should I replace with that is B? Deathmark? Or is not having the second green a huge dps loss?
"
@AndyLovesHisBge: Your lingering blades should have added damage of 22 to 106 physical to account for the extra levels from Cold Iron. Other than that I don't see anything obvious in POB settings. I see 40k DPS per AW even after that. Maybe someone familiar with the phys version can step in to see what POB setting matter, as I'm unfamiliar.

that seems way too low compared to the damage I am doing. Something else must be wrong. I am killing Conquerors in a few seconds.

Thank you for taking the time to look, I appreciate it. I guess I won't worry about it until I feel like I am stalling out.
Is there something my build is missing right now? I'm really struggling now with T12+ maps mostly with damage..it just takes too long.

Sitting on a Saqwal's rn trying to 6link and switching after that with Avian on my Weapon. Any tips highly appreciated
"
jsus_ wrote:
Is there something my build is missing right now? I'm really struggling now with T12+ maps mostly with damage..it just takes too long.

Sitting on a Saqwal's rn trying to 6link and switching after that with Avian on my Weapon. Any tips highly appreciated

I don't see anything obviously wrong, except on your jewels which seem weak. You're heavy on the "minions have increased attack speed if killed recently" which isn't very good. Get added phys and "increased minion damage if used a minion skill recently" instead. It's the difference between jewels being 2% more DPS vs 5-6% more DPS which adds up fast.

It seems like having Convocation be triggered all the time by your wand would be awkward, but if it works for you that's fine.

You might be able to drop Sacrifice and Spiritual Command wheels to invest heavier into Cluster jewels instead, which also gives some big DPS notables.
"
"
jsus_ wrote:

I don't see anything obviously wrong, except on your jewels which seem weak. You're heavy on the "minions have increased attack speed if killed recently" which isn't very good. Get added phys and "increased minion damage if used a minion skill recently" instead. It's the difference between jewels being 2% more DPS vs 5-6% more DPS which adds up fast.

It seems like having Convocation be triggered all the time by your wand would be awkward, but if it works for you that's fine.

You might be able to drop Sacrifice and Spiritual Command wheels to invest heavier into Cluster jewels instead, which also gives some big DPS notables.

"increased minion damage"

vs

"increased minion damage if used a minion skill recently"

There a big difference between those? I'd think they're the same? I had some flat increased % minion damage that I replaced with the minion skill instead only because that's what listed to do here...
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on Mar 17, 2020, 3:34:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info