Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

maybe this was answered, but there are 45 pages and the search function is doing me dirty.

what's the reason to level extra animate weapon gems? is there a benefit to vaaling them? that's the only reason i can think of do have extras, or do you we like, use the extra gems?
"
Rufenh wrote:
maybe this was answered, but there are 45 pages and the search function is doing me dirty.

what's the reason to level extra animate weapon gems? is there a benefit to vaaling them? that's the only reason i can think of do have extras, or do you we like, use the extra gems?

It's so you have couple extra level 20s

Corrupting at level 20 has a chance of making it level 21
You can also vendor with Lvl 20 with a GCP to get level 1 Quality 20%
Corrupt 20/20 for a chance of increasing level or quality
Last edited by Warrewal on Mar 13, 2020, 3:43:45 PM
I am enjoying the play style so far.

Although I think the blades are either too slow or not aggressive enough yet at the low levels as my knives are killing things faster than the blades are.
Currently lvl 20 with it, feels better with 7 blades and flesh offering up, I have literally trash gear and no issues so far.
Weapons seem to die extremely easy atm.
I'm lvl 20.
"
iEUnbreakable wrote:
Weapons seem to die extremely easy atm.
I'm lvl 20.

Get Sacrifice and the 0.6% life leech node besides it. Since I got it they stopped dying to most things, except damage spikes from Delirium monsters.

So I am level 36 and so far I am convinced that we need minion movement speed crafted on rings and amulet in the endgame. Also, Feeding Frenzy linked to AW seems to be the play for clearing, without it they are far too passive. Not a big deal I think, its just a two gem swap instead of one gem swap between clear and single target. And we lose damage on the clear speed setup, but we should still have more than enough.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 13, 2020, 7:08:03 PM
Agreed on both - I went to Sacrifice earlier than expected, survival issues improved. Also wanting more move speed. Hoping first ascendancy clears that up a bit (level 33 now).

I'm using Convocate very aggressively, run past then summon on top of them.

Ridiculous damage with just a 3L, though.

Might take the dex nodes at templar life area for more dex/cast speed temporarily.

Extra duration feeling totally unnecessary right now - they last forever. I may update the recommended tree soon based on that.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 13, 2020, 7:25:56 PM
"
Agreed on both - I went to Sacrifice earlier than expected, survival issues improved. Also wanting more move speed. Hoping first ascendancy clears that up a bit (level 33 now).

Might take the dex nodes at templar life area for more dex/cast speed temporarily.

Extra duration feeling totally unnecessary right now - they last forever. I may update the recommended tree soon based on that.

Excited to see your guys' opinion and feedback about the build :)
Updating my client right now.
Was going to go with a Flicker Strike+D.Strike duelist, or a Cyclone Duelist if the Flicker turns out it sucks.
My second option was some kind of a summoner (whatever wasn't too nerfed), but your build seems pretty cool.
Last league that I played (Synthesis), one of my characters was a Dancing Dervish Duo, and it was great fun, just a tad annoying with the worm jars, especially on bosses.

Do you think this build will be able to clear all content? or will it not have enough DPS/Survivability in the highest maps/endgame bosses, without perfect knowledge of the fights and godly maneuvering skills?
Last edited by Yarik85 on Mar 13, 2020, 7:41:08 PM
"
Yarik85 wrote:
"

Excited to see your guys' opinion and feedback about the build :)
Updating my client right now.
Was going to go with a Flicker Strike+D.Strike duelist, or a Cyclone Duelist if the Flicker turns out it sucks.
My second option was some kind of a summoner (whatever wasn't too nerfed), but your build seems pretty cool.
Last league that I played (Synthesis), one of my characters was a Dancing Dervish Duo, and it was great fun, just a tad annoying with the worm jars, especially on bosses.

Do you think this build will be able to clear all content? or will it not have enough DPS/Survivability in the highest maps/endgame bosses, without perfect knowledge of the fights and godly maneuvering skills?

It will have more than enough damage. So much actually that you can exchange a lot of that damage for more tankiness. But 7k life and 30m+ Shaper DPS is not too far out there for the endgame :D Yea, Animate Weapon looks absolutely busted.
"
Mecielle wrote:

It will have more than enough damage. So much actually that you can exchange a lot of that damage for more tankiness. But 7k life and 30m+ Shaper DPS is not too far out there for the endgame :D Yea, Animate Weapon looks absolutely busted.

That's very good to hear.
I often start a character, then start another one half way through. Get to maps, start another char.
Get one of my 3-4 characters to yellow maps or so. Get some currency.
Start "experimenting" with several more builds, dumping all the currency into one after another.

I've yet to actually GET to the real endgame, and fight shaper/elder or anything in that tier. I do get several characters to level 85-91 or so, and a bunch to level 70+.

So this league I'd LOVE to do only 1-2 characters... 3 MAX.
And actually get to the endgame and do the endgame stuff. And perhaps get 24 challenges done (doubt I'm good enough to do 36 in a timely manner).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info