[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

First of all, I would like to thank Brittleknee for this amazing guide.

I have been leveling smoothly (mostly deathless) ever since I have switched to CI. Have reached 10000 es and around 9700 evasion with no flasks up. However, damage has since become an issue when I reached T14/T15 and some end game maps like Simulacrum and mastermind fight. I would die constantly to the boss once I have run out of flask charges and Vaal discipline.

According to pob, my character reaches around 1M dot when I switched out arrow nova for concentrated effect, which feels kind of weak against end game bosses.

I am saving towards a level 4 empower and perhaps fossil craft a +1 chaos skill gem amulet. I would appreciate any suggestions to boost my dot damage (even at the cost of some survivability).

Stay sane, exiles.

Gear:
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels Notables:
Unholy Grace
Wicked Pall
Brewed for Potency
Spiked Concoction
Brush with Death
Vile Reinvigoration
Energy from the Naught*2

Watcher's Eye:
Malevolence multi 22%
Discipline recovery rate
"
hk3807 wrote:

I have been leveling smoothly (mostly deathless) ever since I have switched to CI. Have reached 10000 es and around 9700 evasion with no flasks up. However, damage has since become an issue when I reached T14/T15 and some end game maps like Simulacrum and mastermind fight. I would die constantly to the boss once I have run out of flask charges and Vaal discipline.

According to pob, my character reaches around 1M dot when I switched out arrow nova for concentrated effect, which feels kind of weak against end game bosses.

I am saving towards a level 4 empower and perhaps fossil craft a +1 chaos skill gem amulet. I would appreciate any suggestions to boost my dot damage (even at the cost of some survivability).

Stay sane, exiles.

Gear:
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels Notables:
Unholy Grace
Wicked Pall
Brewed for Potency
Spiked Concoction
Brush with Death
Vile Reinvigoration
Energy from the Naught*2

Watcher's Eye:
Malevolence multi 22%
Discipline recovery rate

I ran Malevolence, Discipline, Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider for better survival.

Edit:
Added aura
So I just converted from doing another build and I'm pretty new to this and not sure what i need to make this better. Is it just my gems being lower that causes the low damage? My bow is pretty decent and my gear is seems to be good for CI I just haven't got the Asenath's gloves yet as they are too expensive for me same with the malevolence amulet. Is there anything else i can change to help out with damage and maybe not die as much?

here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/T1EJV94x
Last edited by Powder02 on Mar 29, 2020, 4:39:17 AM
"
mhsleftwing07 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is room to use Assailum and effective 5L CA to it, pair it with a small cluster Nature's Patience and dick down bosses or is the CI variation of the build losing too much ES from the rare helmet?

Caustic Arrow doesn't do its damage with hits or ailments so the Assailum skill is useless for the build. It's just a ground DoT.

"
hk3807 wrote:
"
hk3807 wrote:

Stay sane, exiles.

Gear:
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels Notables:
Unholy Grace
Wicked Pall
Brewed for Potency
Spiked Concoction
Brush with Death
Vile Reinvigoration
Energy from the Naught*2

Watcher's Eye:
Malevolence multi 22%
Discipline recovery rate

I ran Malevolence, Discipline, Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider for better survival.

Edit:
Added aura

You already have your answer. You don't have Empower yet. That's 4 gem levels of Caustic Arrow if you have a level 4 Empower because of the +1 socketed gems mod. Void Manipulation is about 30% less effective than level 4 Empower. The only other big upgrade after that is getting +1 or +2 Caustic Arrow from amulet.

"
Powder02 wrote:
So I just converted from doing another build and I'm pretty new to this and not sure what i need to make this better. Is it just my gems being lower that causes the low damage? My bow is pretty decent and my gear is seems to be good for CI I just haven't got the Asenath's gloves yet as they are too expensive for me same with the malevolence amulet. Is there anything else i can change to help out with damage and maybe not die as much?

here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/W8fRVUS5

You have to set Wither stacks to 15.

Yes the gem levels matter a lot for Caustic Arrow. Get a level 21 gem because that's a little over 10% more damage, then work on Empower level 4 and +1 or +2 skill gems amulet. To do a lot of damage with the skill you need it to be at least level 29, with 30 or 31 being even better depending on the rest of your gear.

The Malevolence mana reservation mod on the amulet is necessary and it doesn't really help you do more damage. If you need less reservation, you can grab the node right next to CI for the 4%. Eventually you would get an Enlighten gem to reallocate some nodes.
Last edited by eriko on Mar 29, 2020, 4:40:20 AM

"
Yes the gem levels matter a lot for Caustic Arrow. Get a level 21 gem because that's a little over 10% more damage, then work on Empower level 4 and +1 or +2 skill gems amulet. To do a lot of damage with the skill you need it to be at least level 29, with 30 or 31 being even better depending on the rest of your gear.

The Malevolence mana reservation mod on the amulet is necessary and it doesn't really help you do more damage. If you need less reservation, you can grab the node right next to CI for the 4%. Eventually you would get an Enlighten gem to reallocate some nodes.

oh wow changing the Wither stacks to 15 changes a lot. thanks

the Malevolence modd was just so i can run Flesh and Stone since i didn't have enough mana with all 3 auras running and that should give me a little more defense. I guess i just need to get home higher ES gear to help with the dying issue
Last edited by Powder02 on Mar 29, 2020, 5:17:26 AM
Have always enjoyed your guides and the work you put into them. I want to move on from my starter and go to a different build to do all content with. Your build piqued my interest, seeing as it is forgiving, and should therefore, be great to go with if your still learning the game.

I haven't dabbled in crafting yet, so this should be a learning experience to look forward to. Thanks!
Last edited by Nitsujin on Mar 29, 2020, 7:29:29 AM
"
Powder02 wrote:

"

the Malevolence modd was just so i can run Flesh and Stone since i didn't have enough mana with all 3 auras running and that should give me a little more defense. I guess i just need to get home higher ES gear to help with the dying issue

You need to take this node on your tree to have enough reduction to run all 3.

"
eriko wrote:
"
Powder02 wrote:

"

You need to take this node on your tree to have enough reduction to run all 3.

You can allocate those or anoint Sovereignty with a Enlighten 4. Allocating is quick way around it, but you'll want the points back eventually, specifically for cluster shenanigans.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Guys i am a really new is this craft methods. Do have a something like a guide?
I'm sorry if this question was already made but could this build be possible too with Toxic Rain instead of CA?

Thanks for this build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info