[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

This is my gear so far. I can kill Sirus 8 pretty easy and i clear maps like crazy.

I'm open to any help towards improving it or any suggestion you may have :)

So far my next upgrades are a Watcher's and an Awakaned Curse on Hit for extra curse.

I don't play with Asenaths since they are really expensive and so far i don't feel im needing them.

I also play with a large cluster with Wicked Pall/UH Grace/Unw Evil, two medium with Wicked Pal and Vile Reinvi (both) and two small, one with Energy From Naught and other with Vile Reinvi.

So far im staying at 8.6k ES (I decided to lower it a bit to get more damage). Damage and clearing feels amazing and survability is not a issue.

Thanks for the build, i will stay with it until league ends for sure!
Last edited by TeXpla on Apr 5, 2020, 2:28:58 PM
I dont understand, hc pob that you shared and your proposed leveling tree is almost entirely different. im confused.
hey can anyone give me tips how to get more dmg? i cant see myself going to fight red maps conquers, like its possible but it wont be fast enough in my opinion..

https://pastebin.com/xgC9788V

dont know if to replace con effect for dmg on full life what u recommend
Last edited by Abysm92 on Apr 5, 2020, 9:03:29 PM
Empower for dmg on full life and white socket for switching arrow nowa/ conc effect is huge dmg bust on boses, and I use rare quiver with dmg over time, never needed energy shield one, clear speed is 10/10, survi is ok, enought for
t16 red maps, dying mostly on sirus/ stopping for loot, or on simulacrum, but for this Im leveling another char.
Great build overall
https://imgur.com/a/3GO7dm4

and for sirus I switch between gloves:

Dont forget about new jewels, they are awesome

"
Abysm92 wrote:
hey can anyone give me tips how to get more dmg? i cant see myself going to fight red maps conquers, like its possible but it wont be fast enough in my opinion..

You NEED Empower. Caustic Arrow levels is a huge damage increase. Switching out Efficacy for a level 3 Empower will boost your damage by 20% and it's not expensive at all.

You're also not going CI on your character so it's not quite the same build.
"
eriko wrote:
"
Abysm92 wrote:

You NEED Empower. Caustic Arrow levels is a huge damage increase. Switching out Efficacy for a level 3 Empower will boost your damage by 20% and it's not expensive at all.

You're also not going CI on your character so it's not quite the same build.

well im playing ssfhc so i just didnt dropped empowred yet
I have this urge to play SSF for the first time and kinda want to do CA. How far have people made it doing this? I assume not having empower is going to be a problem at some point
"
chalau wrote:
Guys i am a really new is this craft methods. Do have a something like a guide?

If you're looking for something general, ZiggyD published a guide not that long ago.

"
TeXpla wrote:
I'm sorry if this question was already made but could this build be possible too with Toxic Rain instead of CA?

Yes, they are pretty much exchangeable, but also can be complementary - some people prefer to use both at the same time in various configurations. Toxic Rain is more susceptible to attack speed, for the better or the worse. It won't utilize the pierce jewel and related modifiers, too.

"
AhriSafari wrote:
I am having a lot of trouble staying alive on T15s and T16s. How are you getting so much more ES? I dont know what I should upgrade to boost my ES. I'm at 6.9k ES right now.

Your tree looks covered but if you compare your items, that's 100 ES here, 100 ES there - it just adds up.

"
AhriSafari wrote:
I am also taking FOREVER to kill bosses. I have a plus 3 bow with chaos dot multiplier on it. I am wondering if I need to spend a few EX to get a bow with 1 blue and 1 white socket so I can take out arrow nova when needed. But I am not sure if this takes priority over getting ES.

There's quite a lot you can do about gems yet - 21/20 CA, more levels on Empower, awakened gems. Also, looks like you're trying to apply 2 curses at the same time, but your limit is 1, so either Despair or Enfeeble has no effect.

"
Abrahadabhra wrote:
I dont understand, hc pob that you shared and your proposed leveling tree is almost entirely different. im confused.

The HC character is a reference showing the use of Mind over Matter via Cloak of Defiance. A proof of concept. The leveling tree picks the keystone instead and it's spread more towards the transition into CI.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I have this urge to play SSF for the first time and kinda want to do CA. How far have people made it doing this? I assume not having empower is going to be a problem at some point

Taking it more generally, this is a fairly popular archetype in SSF. I think you can bet on getting Empower eventually. There can be various other issues on the way though, so don't take the guide too specifically - it's probably safer to aim towards some kind of a hybrid character instead of CI. Although
"
brittleknee wrote:
It’s also been tested in HC and SSFHC by a viewer, who thought the build approachable and sound.
Last edited by Xayazi on Apr 9, 2020, 2:30:40 PM
Post removed due to personal request.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 9, 2020, 6:06:35 PM
"
TeXpla wrote:

This is my gear so far. I can kill Sirus 8 pretty easy and i clear maps like crazy.

I'm open to any help towards improving it or any suggestion you may have :)

So far my next upgrades are a Watcher's and an Awakaned Curse on Hit for extra curse.

I don't play with Asenaths since they are really expensive and so far i don't feel im needing them.

I also play with a large cluster with Wicked Pall/UH Grace/Unw Evil, two medium with Wicked Pal and Vile Reinvi (both) and two small, one with Energy From Naught and other with Vile Reinvi.

So far im staying at 8.6k ES (I decided to lower it a bit to get more damage). Damage and clearing feels amazing and survability is not a issue.

Thanks for the build, i will stay with it until league ends for sure!

This made me smile, thanks for the post. Those seem like logical upgrades for the build next based on your gear to me! Asenath's is QoL, so the decision to exclude it is more than fine.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info