[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

Okey, I guess it's time. I somewhat hit endgame with BK CA build so I can say what I think. The build is really good early on, not much gear requirements, decent damage and good AoE. Lvling with it was smooth without any problems. Early maps also were a breeze. I started having issues high yellow/low red maps before I changed to CI. Going further into red maps I hit a wall around lvl92 where I needed some upgrades to be able to lvl up without dying too much. Biggest problem I had with the build was dmg, it has good survivability but I lacked some dps to kill things qucikly enough(talking about t14-16 delirium). After getting empower4 and crafting my bow there was no longer any lack of dps. With the build I did whole atlas completion, sirius on every awakening lvl from 5 to 8. Sometimes deathless sometimes with one or two rips, mostly cause by me not dodging his main abilites. Elder and shaper also done without breaking a sweat. My overall rating for a build as league starter is 8/10. Some thoughts about guide I have, I think it would be really cool if there was more noob friendly explanations in the guide, like when change to CI from MoM and such, how to obtain certain items, fossil combos for crafting your own gear. I'm really glad I started with this build and at the same time I'm really sad because even if I want to try some new build I don't have a need to cuz this build does it all. Great job Brittleknee .

P.S I'm aware there is a lot of room to upgrade, I'm sitting like a Smaug on some juicy exalts I just don't feel a need to do it.

https://pastebin.com/gV85b8wH this is my PoB for reference if someone is curious.
Hi! Seems like a good build and im going to this one :) Got a question tho, is Enlighten 3 enough for this build or does it have to be lvl 4? I got empower 5 tho but only lvl 3 enlighten. If I have to buy a level 4 I cant afford awekened curse on hit. Thanks.
"
brittleknee wrote:

There are two major ways to create a +1/+2 Bow. Make sure you use Warlord or Elder Influence for things like Cull and Increased AoE. Base isn’t too important. Maraketh has MS, which I think is nice.

With fossils, you can roll Corroded, Metallic and Jagged together. You can land it within 10 resonators, usually less.
-or-
You can alt spam for +2, with a second useful Prefix. If you Regal a SUFFIX, you’ll want to craft “Cannot Roll Attack Mods” for a guaranteed +1 All Gems slam. If you Regal a PREFIX, you’ll want to roll again.

Make sure you hit it with a Vorici white sockets craft for Gem Swaps!

I have bow +2 with one suffix. I crafted Cannot Roll Attack Mods and slam...and I received life gain on kill. So I wasted 2 exalts
so +1 isn't guaranteed.
Last edited by Kirk010 on Mar 24, 2020, 4:46:07 PM
How much should I expect to spend to switch over to CI? I was doing a TR build but I like the feel of caustic much more and love the look of this build.
Ok I got it all sorted and build running except awawen curse on hit so ill get it at a later point. Feels soo good to play this. Thanks for guide.
Last edited by Hyde84 on Mar 25, 2020, 4:58:42 AM
"
Kirk010 wrote:

I have bow +2 with one suffix. I crafted Cannot Roll Attack Mods and slam...and I received life gain on kill. So I wasted 2 exalts
so +1 isn't guaranteed.
It's only guaranteed if all suffixes are taken.
What is the best large cluster jewel option i can use? and a regular option too. Thx
"
Fixed a bug where the "Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 300% increased Damage" stat on the Low Tolerance Cluster Jewel notable did not work.

Wtf I have been using it for over a week and it wasn't working xD? k now I will one-hit everything besides the bosses xD

"
chalau wrote:
What is the best large cluster jewel option i can use? and a regular option too. Thx

atm one with Unspeakable Gifts and Touch of Cruelty is not bad either

"
Powder02 wrote:
How much should I expect to spend to switch over to CI? I was doing a TR build but I like the feel of caustic much more and love the look of this build.

It depends on how much es you want xD but I'm wondering the same... I'm 4 ex spent on 6 linking my body armor for my reroll and I still haven't 6linked it... I'm starting to think that moving to CI with this build, might be cheaper xD So... around how much would it cost me to have around 4700 es?
Last edited by Grekey on Mar 25, 2020, 2:21:30 PM
I think one of disadvantages of this build is mediocre damage on single target especially big bosses.
To have enough damage for bossing, +3 bow and Empower Support level 3/4 is crucial.
I'm having trouble with bossing damage on T13+ red maps. I usually can survive if I run around, but it just takes a long time. What are the next steps for my char?

Here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/5BquuNKN

I have my cloak of defiance and a +3 bow with 6 link already. My poB has got me at 535k DOT DPS. Great clearing, but not so great bossing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info