[3.23]The BLOCKMAN

I saw this build a month or so ago and tried it out. It's so solid that I fell in love in it. Thanks a lot to the creator of this build.

I progressively upgraded my gear and modified the tree with some cluster jewels and now have 6.2k life, 46M Shaper dps fully buffed even after some of 3.11's changes which adversely affected this build. This is a link of my character for your reference and I am happy to discuss in-game if you need clarification of some of the changes I made (https://pastebin.com/NHrq8Z18).

You most probably won't have gear as good as I have. You also don't need to follow my tree. The build as per this guide is solid enough to get you through all contents of the game comfortably.
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
I saw this build a month or so ago and tried it out. It's so solid that I fell in love in it. Thanks a lot to the creator of this build.

I progressively upgraded my gear and modified the tree with some cluster jewels and now have 6.2k life, 46M Shaper dps fully buffed even after some of 3.11's changes which adversely affected this build. This is a link of my character for your reference and I am happy to discuss in-game if you need clarification of some of the changes I made (https://pastebin.com/NHrq8Z18).

You most probably won't have gear as good as I have. You also don't need to follow my tree. The build as per this guide is solid enough to get you through all contents of the game comfortably.

Which jewels you are using and which do you recommend most?

Asking because dps like this was probly only possible with Deep Cuts which were removed in harvest...
Last edited by Gejjzer on Jun 21, 2020, 6:30:53 PM
"
Alfred2000 wrote:

If only we could recreate this on a league, but the clusters and chest piece are literally non-existent outside of already rolled standard gear. That's awesome to see what's it's capable of though, and while still being a facetank build.
"
Gejjzer wrote:

Asking because dps like this was probly only possible with Deep Cuts which were removed in harvest...

The best Cluster Jewel node for this build is Deep Cuts. Unfortunately it is now legacy. After 3.11, all Cluster nodes are quite balanced. Pick the ones that fill the gaps of your build should be the way to go. In general, I would recommend the following nodes:

Large Cluster - Prefix

Run Through - very strong dps wise, especially if you need its 10% Impale Chance to get you to 100%. (2 x Run Through + Infused Channelling gem + Dread Banner + Impale Cluster on tree will give you 100% Impale Chance).

Strike Leader - Block, Damage, and 2 x Melee Range, best all round node.

These are the 2 prefix nodes I like most.

Large Cluster - Suffix

2 x Jewel Sockets - we need these sockets to maximise the use of Medium Cluster Jewels.

Martial Prowess - it is the best all-round Suffix in my view.

Heavy Hitter - If you look at my PoB, I used "Heavy Hitter". The reason is that 3.11 buffed Stun and makes it easier to stun mobs. Our build is 100% melee physical damage which means we have a 25% bonus on stun already. Heavy Hitter further improves our chance to stun. Stun is good for our build because on top of the standard benefit stun offers, Ryslatha's Coil gives us 50 life and Brinkmanship gives us 10% Area of Effect when we stun an enemy.

Medium Cluster

Precise Focus - it is the best node even after it being significantly nerfed, I suggest we use 4 x this node.

The other nodes that go with Precise Focus all have their specific use. Just pick the ones you like.

I used 4 different ones because:

- Stoic Focus makes up the difference for my 79% block chance.
- Vital Focus' 1.5% life regeneration is useful as one of this build's weak point is mitigation against DoT.
- Enduring Focus ensures we have Endurance Charges even on boss fights.
- Hex Breaker makes us worry free about curses. It also allow us to not over-cap on resistances (cause Elemental Weakness is no longer a threat).

Small Cluster

I think a good rare jewel is better than any Small Cluster.

I hope you find my above Cluster Jewel suggestions useful.

"
AllMud55 wrote:
If only we could recreate this on a league, but the clusters and chest piece are literally non-existent outside of already rolled standard gear. That's awesome to see what's it's capable of though, and while still being a facetank build.

The creator of this build guide has made a very solid core for us to work on. When I started playing with this build, I followed 100% of this guide and am very happy with it. Then I found a Circle of Guilt ring with Vulnerability curse on hit. This means the amulet Impresence recommended by the guide becomes redundant. Therefore, I used Aul's Uprising (Pride reserves no mana version) instead and it let me squeeze in 2 additional auras, namely Summon Skitterbotts and Flesh and Stone (both auras offer defensive and offensive benefits). Since Flesh and Stone can give me Blind, I upgraded my weapon to a higher dps one and replaced my Paradoxica that gives me 20% Blind on hit. Then I searched for ways to make my tree more efficient and started introducing Cluster Jewels into my tree ..... The reason I said all these is to demonstrate how versatile this build is. Whichever way you play with it, as long as you keep the core there, you have a solid build and plenty of room for improvement. Another example is the Life Gained on Hit setup of this build. It is very useful as it puts another layer of mitigation to strengthen the defensive side of the build. But when I feel I stun often enough to have good LGOH from Ryslatha, I changed my Reckoning link to give me a 3rd defensive curse - Enfeeble curse on hit.

Go ahead and explore, this build will not be hindered by 1 or 2 pieces of missing gear. When you realise the level of flexibility this build offers, you will love it even more :)
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
"
Gejjzer wrote:

The best Cluster Jewel node for this build is Deep Cuts. Unfortunately it is now legacy. After 3.11, all Cluster nodes are quite balanced. Pick the ones that fill the gaps of your build should be the way to go. In general, I would recommend the following nodes:

Large Cluster - Prefix

Run Through - very strong dps wise, especially if you need its 10% Impale Chance to get you to 100%. (2 x Run Through + Infused Channelling gem + Dread Banner + Impale Cluster on tree will give you 100% Impale Chance).

Strike Leader - Block, Damage, and 2 x Melee Range, best all round node.

These are the 2 prefix nodes I like most.

Large Cluster - Suffix

2 x Jewel Sockets - we need these sockets to maximise the use of Medium Cluster Jewels.

Martial Prowess - it is the best all-round Suffix in my view.

Heavy Hitter - If you look at my PoB, I used "Heavy Hitter". The reason is that 3.11 buffed Stun and makes it easier to stun mobs. Our build is 100% melee physical damage which means we have a 25% bonus on stun already. Heavy Hitter further improves our chance to stun. Stun is good for our build because on top of the standard benefit stun offers, Ryslatha's Coil gives us 50 life and Brinkmanship gives us 10% Area of Effect when we stun an enemy.

Medium Cluster

Precise Focus - it is the best node even after it being significantly nerfed, I suggest we use 4 x this node.

The other nodes that go with Precise Focus all have their specific use. Just pick the ones you like.

I used 4 different ones because:

- Stoic Focus makes up the difference for my 79% block chance.
- Vital Focus' 1.5% life regeneration is useful as one of this build's weak point is mitigation against DoT.
- Enduring Focus ensures we have Endurance Charges even on boss fights.
- Hex Breaker makes us worry free about curses. It also allow us to not over-cap on resistances (cause Elemental Weakness is no longer a threat).

Small Cluster

I think a good rare jewel is better than any Small Cluster.

I hope you find my above Cluster Jewel suggestions useful.

"
AllMud55 wrote:

The creator of this build guide has made a very solid core for us to work on. When I started playing with this build, I followed 100% of this guide and am very happy with it. Then I found a Circle of Guilt ring with Vulnerability curse on hit. This means the amulet Impresence recommended by the guide becomes redundant. Therefore, I used Aul's Uprising (Pride reserves no mana version) instead and it let me squeeze in 2 additional auras, namely Summon Skitterbotts and Flesh and Stone (both auras offer defensive and offensive benefits). Since Flesh and Stone can give me Blind, I upgraded my weapon to a higher dps one and replaced my Paradoxica that gives me 20% Blind on hit. Then I searched for ways to make my tree more efficient and started introducing Cluster Jewels into my tree ..... The reason I said all these is to demonstrate how versatile this build is. Whichever way you play with it, as long as you keep the core there, you have a solid build and plenty of room for improvement. Another example is the Life Gained on Hit setup of this build. It is very useful as it puts another layer of mitigation to strengthen the defensive side of the build. But when I feel I stun often enough to have good LGOH from Ryslatha, I changed my Reckoning link to give me a 3rd defensive curse - Enfeeble curse on hit.

Go ahead and explore, this build will not be hindered by 1 or 2 pieces of missing gear. When you realise the level of flexibility this build offers, you will love it even more :)

WoW, Awesome post, thx for sharing info.

What is your opinion on Powerful Ward in jewels?
Last edited by Gejjzer on Jun 22, 2020, 7:56:42 AM
"
Gejjzer wrote:

Powerful Ward might be good for other builds, but not ours.

Its 6% spell block is redundant to us since we have Versatile Combatant. It is not worthwhile to waste a major node on just 20% chance to get a power charge on block.

Powerful Ward is a node from Small Clusters (except for Unique Clusters). In order to have Powerful Ward, we need to sacrifice a socket to put in the Small Cluster + 2 other passive points in order to allocate Powerful Ward. As I said in my previous post, Small Clusters are not worthwhile having, except for rare situation when say all of the life nodes from the passive tree are occupied but one still wants more life, then having a Small Cluster with Fettle might be an option.
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
"
Gejjzer wrote:

Its 6% spell block is redundant to us since we have Versatile Combatant. It is not worthwhile to waste a major node on just 20% chance to get a power charge on block.

Powerful Ward is a node from Small Clusters (except for Unique Clusters). In order to have Powerful Ward, we need to sacrifice a socket to put in the Small Cluster + 2 other passive points in order to allocate Powerful Ward. As I said in my previous post, Small Clusters are not worthwhile having, except for rare situation when say all of the life nodes from the passive tree are occupied but one still wants more life, then having a Small Cluster with Fettle might be an option.

Now this individual knows his stuff. TIPS FEDORA Thanks!
So after reading recent comments here, my question is would you guys recommend this build for endgame?
"
Zallo wrote:
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
"
Gejjzer wrote:

Now this individual knows his stuff. TIPS FEDORA Thanks!

Now I know! Thx 😁
I have been testing the build with the low budget items. I am getting oneshoted by everything, can't get to even 3,5k life currently close to get to level 80. My resis are capped but don't know what else to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info