[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

"
BigBlappa wrote:
"
Hi!

I am having a lot of survivability problems with this build. Low HP pool and getting 1 shot constantly.

Any ideas of how to move forward?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dagutten/characters

You have some really inefficient pathing to grab ambidexterity, blade barrier, swagger etc. You could refund everything you grabbed after dismembering and go up towards warriors blood/heart of the warrior/barbarism for better defense as well as more damage.

I also like grabbing the call to arms node, then setting enduring cry to LMB. Provides a nice chunk of regen and endurance charges that are always up with no mental effort required, since it will fire off every time you click to move.

Taking blade of cunning seems like a wasteful half measure. You could go all in on claws and anoint claws of the pride/hawk for more offense and defense, then grab The Scourge, both freeing you up a few points and improving your damage or defense. If you take the Scourge, you can also use Brutality support instead of pulverize, which is really the most efficient support in the game if you don't have elemental conversion already.

Carnage Heart is useless when we have Bloodseeker, as we already have all the leech we need from that (and it's instant.) Bloodseeker blocks the carnage heart "damage while leeching" because there will never actually be a time when you're leeching since whirlwind hits so often the instant leech will always keep you topped off. Replacing Carnage Heart with any rare with big life, flat phys, dex/int if you can afford it, and resists should help. Feast of Flesh and Mage Bane don't really do much for us, Fettle is far better if you can afford it.

Drop soul tether and get a belt with a ton of life/res or an abyss belt with the same. Since we spend so little mana, Worldcarver also doesn't really do much.

You should also consider a curse immune flask so you don't randomly die to EE/vuln/temp chains etc. Additionally, you might want to link your CWDT to a low level molten shell. What kills you most often is not a one shot, it's many small instances of damage happening all at once. Low level CWDT+Molten shell will proc on these and give you the breathing room to survive subsequent hits.

Focusing on defense in this build should be a big priority. If you decide to run Abyssus, you'll have more damage than you ever need (I'm still using 2c worth of weapons and easily crushing juiced t16's and guardians.) I believe I have around 50 deaths total at level 94, if you want to check my tree/gear.

so alot to reply to here. I used to be pathed into heart of warrior etc. its less efficient in terms of dps/ehp/survival. i have redone this spec in and out of that side over and over. I do use that path early leaguee. but once i start my 2nd cluster tree i drop it in favor of the right side of duelist for more efficient point use.

I dont use enduring cry as its literally never needed, ever. I am either 100% hp/ES or im hit by a massive mechanic i failed to dodge/i got crit and i die. doesnt happen often. but its one or the other. I have endurance/frenzy/power charges on auto procs, so i dont need to worry about those.

most of the next three paragraphs have to do with you using claws and i dont. so thats a moot point. claws have fallen off very hard and I have 0 problem with swords sustaining my leech. also massive amounts of dmg come from leech, and i mean massive. soul tether does far more then just protect you with overleech. it allows all leech dmg modifiers to stay up 100% of the time. this amplifies your dmg to retarded levels. so no soul tether is not useless. carnage heart is not useless. blade of cunning is not useless. its actually the single highest dps gain for swords in the entire skill tree. bloodseeker is absolute garbage as late into the game as i am. the dps is literally garbage compared to a mediocre 250 pdps jewelled foil which does 4k dps more on paper. not amplified. just on paper.

so as far as the small jewel clusters, feast of flesh is the best of all the small hp choices. again im not claws. so i gain 40 instant life, massive leech, ,just as much hp as the other choices, and mage bane procs power charges and gives some dmg+spell block, though i am about to drop mage bane on my 2nd tree for a 2nd large with feeed the fury as block is last in the defense formula and does not proc as often as it did last season when we used the no stun notable and iron reflexes. but my evasion is so high in this league that block doesnt proc that often and im seeing the charges less commonly.

I already addressed soul tether, its essential to this build, if you dont understand the nunmerous reasons why, well, sorry. its massive dmg and defense.

World carvers are single handedly the best gloves for mapping juiced maps pre influence merged rare gloves, and i dont currently have the money for those. they are my last item built every league.

curses dont kill me, ever. they are just an annoyance. my leech counters every bit of dmg they cause. the only map mods i avoid are reduced MAX resistance and physical reflect IF i dont have an anti reflect watchstone available.

CWDT is already linked to molten shell which is purposely set to the level its at based on my hp pool. It is most efficient to have it proc around 75% hp so its active during any spikes that occur and it stabilizes me while i lawn mower.

I think thats about it. We are running similar builds, but we play them differently and we use different weapons. therefore our setups are not going to be the same. but there are reasons for what I do and the scaling is pretty great :).

Thanks for the BD,
Things goes smoothly until T15/16 map and boss, sometimes got one shot, probably because I only have 5k hp.

One tip for -15 mana cost chest (not sure if someone else already mentioned)
The -15 mana cost mod has attack tag and it is the only attack tag for Warlord influenced chest, so it is pretty easy to get -15 mana cost mod with Harvest craft.

For some reason I only have 500k dps on POB (still using those two unique claw) don’t know what I am missing

If someone can give some suggestion on what is next would be nice (think of getting a assassin mark ring)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/momo52620
"
momo52620 wrote:
Thanks for the BD,
Things goes smoothly until T15/16 map and boss, sometimes got one shot, probably because I only have 5k hp.

The -15 mana cost mod has attack tag and it is the only attack tag for Warlord influenced chest, so it is pretty easy to get -15 mana cost mod with Harvest craft.

For some reason I only have 500k dps on POB (still using those two unique claw) don’t know what I am missing

If someone can give some suggestion on what is next would be nice (think of getting a assassin mark ring)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/momo52620

Are you using Fork PoB and have you fixed your configuration in PoB? :)
"
EvilGenius wrote:
IS it at ALL possible to play this build with something other than a shield??

I don't suggest playing with a Shield at all^^
Hello!

This is where I am at with my character. Any advice on how to continue to advance it/ what should I be upgrading? Sorry first time! I was shooting awakened physical damage support gem next. :)

https://pastebin.com/XwAeNj4c
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cirqua/characters
Update #4

Updated Expert Player Guide:

Minor changes in several sections in Expert Player Guide
Change to Cluster Jewels (same as others)
Expert Player Guide now has new PoB with actual Min-Max Gear (17mil DPS)

Updated Slayer Version:

PoB to match new better balanced Skill Tree
PoE Website Skill Tree for non PoB users

Experienced Player Guide:

PoB Updated with Gear Changes and Configuration
"
The -15 mana cost mod has attack tag and it is the only attack tag for Warlord influenced chest, so it is pretty easy to get -15 mana cost mod with Harvest craft

Thanks Momo

I can confirm this works, did it multiple times to get a good roll and every one had the -15 to mana cost
Hello, really love this build. Its the first one I am heavily invested in. But Im still a noob, could someone look over my gear and my tree and give me personal advice? It would mean a lot. Thank you.
I
LOVE
YOU
<3
"
Hetschog wrote:
Hello, really love this build. Its the first one I am heavily invested in. But Im still a noob, could someone look over my gear and my tree and give me personal advice? It would mean a lot. Thank you.

PM me your Character Profile Link :)
I'll start by saying I'm fairly new, on the POB it says you have precision , dread banner , blood and sand , flesh and stone and pride, but I don't have enough mana to run all of those. I currently have everything activated BUT dread banner. What am I missing ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info