💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Awakener down, switched back to phys for now, tried cold but damage was struggling in t14+, need better gear to get it going right.
Current gear is still very budget, no AG

https://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/view-passive-skill-tree?accountName=sKillmaTic&realm=pc&character=FinNecro
Last edited by sKillmaTic on Mar 16, 2020, 7:29:24 PM
Thank you for this great guide! You explain all of the intricacies well.

I feel dumb for not figuring it out, but why do you use Multistrike Support for bosses?

I am new to skeletons, but I thought the Vaal Summon Skeletons could not be supported by Multistrike because it is a Vaal skill? I only noticed this when I was checking how my DPS would change when switching from regular to Vaal Summon Skeletons.
Found a Large Cluster Jewel (white)

"Adds 10 Passive Skills"
"Added Small Passive Skills Grant: Minions Deal 10% Increased Damage".

Sorry can't link it as I inserted it in the passive tree already.

10x skill points = 100% Minion Damage. Is that a good use of 10 skill points though?

Maybe I should alch it or something
"
Xierg wrote:

"Adds 10 Passive Skills"

10x skill points = 100% Minion Damage. Is that a good use of 10 skill points though?

Not really. You want some good notables to go with the small nodes, such as the minion crit one, the minion impale one (if going phys).
quick gear update

Still in white maps. Damage is OK but I think that in this league damage isn't the most important thing. Probably evasion builds are better for delirium. Darkness farming build (with few adjustments) should be great. If they can't see you, they can't hit you :)

Also, at least for me, it is very hard sustain maps. Their drop rate is sooooo loooooooow.
"
iLL3aT wrote:
I swapped to a shield as well, and Rumis + bone offering are likely the options to use for now just for another layer. I fully expect that they will nerf Delirium like prior leagues though, in which case it may or may not be possible to go more DPS (not really glass cannon since the health and defensive layers are still there). Triple offering may be the go-to still, provided the other stats are okay (I was concerned about having enough life).

I would recommend against AGs for now unless you can invest in it, and can get its level to a high number. The monsters in delirium are ridiculously overpowered, and I lose my zombies, carrion golem, and spectres often - it's got to the point where I'm playing SSF spectres - Spectre self found.

On a side note, I tried out the Tul monster, They of Tul. They have a spell on a nine second cooldown that lasts for ten seconds providing: 15% reduced damage taken, 20% chance to dodge attacks, and 20% to dodge spells. While this is an amazing defensive effect, the problem is that the spectre spawns a swirling white mist - the place where the reduced dmg/dodge is. This combines with the delirium fog to create a mass of grey, which gave me a headache within an hour. Still a good spectre, as long as your brain can handle it. If anyone wants to try these out for themselves, they're the big guys in Tul breaches.
http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=They+of+Tul

@Z4kki - run a 20 quality elemental weakness instead. Hatred is still better than wrath, so you'll be doing dual lightning/cold and ele weakness covers both. It needs 20 qual to match frostbite/conductivity though. Drop avatar of fire and run elemental army linked to another minion instead.

Either triple of bone should be fine. I'm probably just going bone for now and maybe going back to triple once I have more currency.

@K4P0T - nice start! Agreed on frostbite vs skitterbots. In metamorph I had to craft a mana regen roll on my alt wand just to keep up on mana. Frostbite has another advantage in this league though: It tells you what can be killed and what cannot in the clusterfuck of grey that is this league.

@SamSmitty - nice chest! I'm still trying to find a base to craft on...still using 3b1g2r cuz those were cheaper at league start.

@Senserazer - you pretty much need a second wand. I had a spare +1/+1 wand last league for that...to be rich again haha. Your loadout looks good for standard - next is to save for +1/+1 wands. You do want an increased effect of offering chest for triple offering though, it helps out a pile (though your current chest is very nice). Make sure you go through the advanced mechanics - defensive layers section - 12(3) to see what you are missing. The build is very strong in standard without the overtuned delirium mobs.

@coltongag - Read through 6(3) - the PoB notes - they're explained in there.

I can't say how much i cursed yesterday when I did an influenced map and this f*cking ghost which you can't kill thing ported after me the whole map and casted whirlwinds on top of me. I don't know who at GGG thought invincible teleporting monsters were a nice addition. Bullshit.

Bought some upgrades yesterday and using triple offering with a trigger wand at the moment. Hezmin also dropped an offering chest but it is an evasion base FML! (152 dex)

"
Xierg wrote:

"Adds 10 Passive Skills"

The rule of thumb for big clusters is "the less small passives and the more notables the better".

Large clusters ideally have 8-9 small passives 3 notables (the 3rd should be really good) otherwise go with 2 jewel sockets.
This ensures that you get better value out of the clusterfuck then the regular tree because you can get dmg and survivability.
Only DoT Builds should go for 12 small passives since the over time multiplier stacks godly.

I'm still thinking about the 4th Ascendancy though.

Commander of Darkness or Mistress of Sacrifice is the obvious decision to make.
I still plan on playing with offerings bc bone and flesh offering are still pretty strong.
I think I will go for Mistress until they nerf the league mechanic for added defensive layers. After that Commander of Darkness?

Edit 2: Since the small Clusters with Fettle are already at 35c I chose Militarism with 3 added passives - 60% increased armor +8% life for 3 points. Compared to the investment of soul of steel you obv lose the +1% total ele res but gain 25% increased armor. SoS has an investment of 6 points.
Last edited by K4P0T on Mar 17, 2020, 10:45:03 AM
"
sKillmaTic wrote:
Awakener down, switched back to phys for now, tried cold but damage was struggling in t14+, need better gear to get it going right.
Current gear is still very budget, no AG

https://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/view-passive-skill-tree?accountName=sKillmaTic&realm=pc&character=FinNecro

@"sKillmaTic your gear looks pretty good to me!

Would you mind updating your pastebin too please?

When you say switched back to physical, does that = getting rid of elemental equilibrium?

Looks like you removed the large cluster jewel socket too.

Thread of Hope looks expensive (70c). Is that just to pickup Ravenous Horde and Cruel Preparation or will you use it for mode nodes too?
@Xierg

I think i spent under 4ex in total.
Don't think a pastebin is necessary for this, the tree difference is because I don't have a cluster jewel to use right now.
Phys means dropping EE and avatar of fire and going impale/brutality. Melee splash for mapping and multistrike for bossing.
The thread of hope is just for the nodes I'm currently using it for, you can annoint death attunement and save alot of travelling.
Last edited by sKillmaTic on Mar 17, 2020, 9:00:19 PM

Day 5 update on gear: Nothing great, the total cost here not including the flasks is maybe 1 ex, but yellow/early red maps are okay. The flasks are more or less finished, except that a Rumi's is better than the budget granite flask (5c). The quicksilver is the most expensive piece of gear here (50c). I'm definitely feeling the skellie nerf though.

My next plans are to pick up a +1/+1 trigger wand and a decent +1 necklace (to annoint death attunement). Maybe that will stop the spectres from dying so much. The helm can have +1 skellie crafted onto it once I unlock that craft. After that, I plan to play with cluster jewels some more and I'll share the results.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
@ill3at I am definitely feeling the skelly nerf as well, I am doing t12 maps and they are a grind, I am sure I could upgrade more but it doesnt feel worth it, couldnt even finish a blighted t5 map, last league blighted t16s were relatively easy. Not sure what else to do to make this feel better. Any thoughts are welcome. Do you think the cluster jewels would have a large enough affect to make this worthwhile?
@skillmatic did you do A8 awakener or just the first level?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info