💀3.14💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆ Feared Down!

"
schalander wrote:
Hi!
This build looks pretty awesome, but I could not find any info about map mods in pros/cons. Before I start it I would just like to know if there are any mods this build cant do or really struggle with?

Thanks!!!


Ele reflect
Thank you to everyone who answers questions here! It has unfortunately been very busy and I have not had a lot of time to play or update the guide. I did kill my first Sirus of the league though, and my gear is only worth about 2 ex (half of which being the amulet).

@K4P0T - I think paper DPS will show up higher if you spec into crit, but in reality, I think it's going to be lower. Paper DPS (and I acknowledge this in post 1) is boosted largely by the assumption that we have three power charges on skellies, which probably will not happen most of the time.

The large nodes are not amazing. Renewal is nice if you have a source of leech (20% of skellie max life like any other char) or are always summoning. I'm playing with crit but I think it's a trap... a very expensive trap. Vengeful commander is awesome, but the other nodes on that jewel aren't as amazing. Still, since I'm playing with crit, I have precise commander on those as well. I think fettle is still the best small notable though.

@alantrik - feeding frenzy is procced by other minions, but affects skeletons as well.

@the_Arkain - I'll take a look at that section and update it. If you find anything else, let me know - there are a few leftovers from 3.9 still.

@Lokkich - thanks! I'll add that somewhere haha. But yes, that's the best way (though I always went 84 for the jackpot - still, 72 is better).

@Lorddodo93 - not quite sure how to help you here - you're a zombie necro at the moment. I would say go through the level 1 and 2 gear sections for now, and once you have a few pieces I can pinpoint improvements. I've killed Sirus on 2 ex on gear though, so it is end game viable in 3.10.

@schalander - yep, just ele reflect, though it is possible to run, just annoying (and you'll probably lose other minions). No regen is also annoying since you have to bring a mana flask along. I would also avoid +2 chains until you get the lunaris pantheon that makes you immune to chained attacks.
3.13 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Thank you very much iLL3aT, I've been following your work since the comments in the 'original' guide from 3.9 :)

I have som questions mostly regarding gem levels.

Is a 21/0 skele gem better than a 20/20 gem? Even if the extra level does not let you have another skele?

It's very expensive to get skeletons to lvl 25 for the extra skeleton, especially if we use shield. How about putting skeletons in the helmet with +2 minion gem level and Socketed gems are supported by level 20/18 minion damage?

21 skele gem, +1 wand and +1 amulet will get us to lvl 25 that way.

And maybe boost our Zombies in the chest?

Edit: About the last questions, I forgot the +2 minion spell gems from ascendancy. But my questions remain, could it be better to have the skeletons in the helmet in some situations?
Last edited by injonil on Mar 23, 2020, 4:29:48 AM
"
Lokkich wrote:
It might help for craft +1/+1 Crafting Convoking Wand by LittleGamingTips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bELEg0YM_SQ

p.s. sry if I missed



Wow nice thanks for the video. Will check it out at home.
"
iLL3aT wrote:
Thank you to everyone who answers questions here! It has unfortunately been very busy and I have not had a lot of time to play or update the guide. I did kill my first Sirus of the league though, and my gear is only worth about 2 ex (half of which being the amulet).

@K4P0T - I think paper DPS will show up higher if you spec into crit, but in reality, I think it's going to be lower. Paper DPS (and I acknowledge this in post 1) is boosted largely by the assumption that we have three power charges on skellies, which probably will not happen most of the time.

The large nodes are not amazing. Renewal is nice if you have a source of leech (20% of skellie max life like any other char) or are always summoning. I'm playing with crit but I think it's a trap... a very expensive trap. Vengeful commander is awesome, but the other nodes on that jewel aren't as amazing. Still, since I'm playing with crit, I have precise commander on those as well. I think fettle is still the best small notable though.

@alantrik - feeding frenzy is procced by other minions, but affects skeletons as well.

@the_Arkain - I'll take a look at that section and update it. If you find anything else, let me know - there are a few leftovers from 3.9 still.

@Lokkich - thanks! I'll add that somewhere haha. But yes, that's the best way (though I always went 84 for the jackpot - still, 72 is better).

@Lorddodo93 - not quite sure how to help you here - you're a zombie necro at the moment. I would say go through the level 1 and 2 gear sections for now, and once you have a few pieces I can pinpoint improvements. I've killed Sirus on 2 ex on gear though, so it is end game viable in 3.10.

@schalander - yep, just ele reflect, though it is possible to run, just annoying (and you'll probably lose other minions). No regen is also annoying since you have to bring a mana flask along. I would also avoid +2 chains until you get the lunaris pantheon that makes you immune to chained attacks.


Haha then you surpassed me already. Tried Sirius yesterday but I'm still too bad to beat him. The "Die" lasers got me hard. Will try again today.

Came to a similar assumption yesterday. I ditched the large cluster for a medium with Vengeful Commander and Precise Commander.
Using Surging Vitality as a Small Cluster instead of Fettle at the moment.
Yesterday I also experimented with "The Interrogation" small cluster jewel which adds Secrets of Suffering but it only seems to work on the character not on the minions even though it says "Cannot Ignite, Chill, Freeze or Shock, Critical Strikes inflict Scorch, Brittle and Sapped".

The last thing I want to try is a large with Blast-Freeze and Vengeful Commander which spreads Chill in 13 units of radius.

In the meantime I updated my gear a little bit. Almost everything self crafted except the trigger wand and the amulet.





Unfortunately I'm too poor to buy high level bases so the bone helmet is a future upgrade.


"
Lokkich wrote:
It might help for craft +1/+1 Crafting Convoking Wand by LittleGamingTips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bELEg0YM_SQ

p.s. sry if I missed



Wow nice thanks for the video. Will check it out at home.

I'm also toying with the thought of putting the spectres in the helmet.
This is one of the most annoying things at the moment - recasting spectres in base bc they die all the time.

Update: Tried the fossil Crafting on my 72 Wand.
This is the result after the first try:



F*cking nuts for the investment.
Last edited by K4P0T on Mar 23, 2020, 10:19:38 AM
Any thoughts on using a Vis Mortis for the cold variant of this build? 20% extra damage on top as chaos seems solid. Zombies will obviously suffer, gaining less life.
"
Senserazer wrote:
Any thoughts on using a Vis Mortis for the cold variant of this build? 20% extra damage on top as chaos seems solid. Zombies will obviously suffer, gaining less life.


Zombies will survive but Skellies die like flies already. Mine get eradicated by Veritania AW5. The damage is not worth it if they die before they can even hit the boss.

Today I bought a veiled Body Armour for my AG with "gain 9% of maximum life as extra energy shield" and the other recommended items - Leer Cast, Southbound, Dying Breath and Vicarios Flight. It should survive this time - hopefully.

Did my first Sirius ever yesterday!
I wanted to do it on AW0 but did it on AW5 instead.
Last edited by K4P0T on Mar 24, 2020, 4:56:43 AM
Thats why using big cluster with blessed rebirth and vicious bite is a good idea and you spread into 2 commanders from that. Sadly if you cannot get Blessed on large, we are kinda forced into voices unique jewel.
Last edited by Vulgarny on Mar 24, 2020, 6:07:46 AM
Hi, thanks for the build It seems great so far I'm just about to hit yellow maps and its enjoyable, not too many deaths and bosses are a breeze and feels like theirs lots of room for improvement still.

I've been trying to update my gear and POB seems to not display my damage for multiple items, however it does for your imported version.

Is there a special setting somewhere to get it to calculate everything?
I've matched most of your config and I can see damage on most equipment just not the rings, amulet, wands and potions.

https://pastebin.com/5ustWNBZ

Thanks anyone for taking a look.
"
Vulgarny wrote:
Thats why using big cluster with blessed rebirth and vicious bite is a good idea and you spread into 2 commanders from that. Sadly if you cannot get Blessed on large, we are kinda forced into voices unique jewel.


Blessed rebirth is also something I wanted to try but the large clusters are a huge investment points wise. All the damage increase will decrease survivability exponentially. At the moment I'm at only 5k health and 200 ES even though I have lots of life on gear.

A Large with with Vicious bite 2 sockets, 2 medium with one Commander and one Blessed Rebirth and 2 smalls is an insane amount of points.

Voices is an option but the good ones are ludicrous price wise and the average ones aren't worth it.
Last edited by K4P0T on Mar 24, 2020, 7:07:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info