What to Expect in the Coming Weeks

It's exciting times. So happy PoE is here to fill the void that D3 made with the removal of trading. Keep it up and can't wait for the new league announcement!!
"
Incarcerated wrote:
Announcing the announcement of the first peek of the announcement of how we will present the announcment of the next expansions announcement!

In all seriousness, I hope that GGG is looking at some core game systems that are in desperate need of work and in order of importance:

Blight
Map content overload
insane 1-shot mechanics
Sirus not being fun at all.
More long term (as in league-long) character improvement goals
Not being able to do bosses on 99% of melee builds.
Raider (PLEASE)
Elementalist (In your own time)
Templar (if you want but nobody really cares)
Leaving Necro the fuck alone because it's a good design.
Using Necro as an example of how to do ascendancies better.
Lack of hidden Bex statue in every zone of the game

So yeah I'm waiting for the next patch to address some big issues and this time there's no core expansion work to hide behind. Now's the time for fixing shit that has needed fixing for a while.

Pretty much agree with this.
I am happy to see you guys are getting so clear with end dates, and start dates .. it makes it much easier for more casual players like me to move around things in life to allow me to still enjoy POE.

Thanks!!!

nice :D
"
26 days at least to go and what's happening in between this period is exactly what was happening the last and the last and the last league.

Nearly a month without any event or any purpose to compete and play the game. I saw what most popular PoE streamers were streaming this Sunday (hint: it wasn't PoE).

If things remain as they are 20-50 player slot private leagues shouldn't cost anything to host because the amount of players playing on the servers is much lower. It doesn't cost GGG anything to implement this.

Metamorph should remain within the core game. Thanks to it so many more RIP's were happening through the league which is essential for competition. The loot needs to be nerfed to compensate for whatever else will be coming and dropping loot.

Whatever they do I hope it finally improves this state of limbo the game finds each league. Big portion of the community loves to compete and win things in the process which is quite normal and understandable.

First of all not every player starts play as soon as the league begins and doesn't play 24/7. So having 3 months is pretty reasonable time for every player to have the time to try out a few new builds.

The fact that most of the arpg streamers were streaming Wolcen has nothing to do with PoE. It's just the fact that the game was released then (sounds pretty logical to me at least).

Finally saying that "It doesn't cost GGG anything to implement this." is plain ignorant in the context.
- GRaveChilD
"
Sclyzed wrote:
"
tg08096 wrote:
"
26 days at least to go and what's happening in between this period is exactly what was happening the last and the last and the last league.

Nearly a month without any event or any purpose to compete and play the game. I saw what most popular PoE streamers were streaming this Sunday (hint: it wasn't PoE).

If things remain as they are 20-50 player slot private leagues shouldn't cost anything to host because the amount of players playing on the servers is much lower. It doesn't cost GGG anything to implement this.

Metamorph should remain within the core game. Thanks to it so many more RIP's were happening through the league which is essential for competition. The loot needs to be nerfed to compensate for whatever else will be coming and dropping loot.

Whatever they do I hope it finally improves this state of limbo the game finds each league. Big portion of the community loves to compete and win things in the process which is quite normal and understandable.

The problem with these kinds of comments is that they refuse to acknowledge that there are players in the community that actually have lives outside of POE. They own homes, have spouses, children, careers, responsibilities and don't crush all content of a league in 1.5 months. Many of these people don't even get to endgame content, let alone finish early and complain that there isn't more content.

The reason POE servers are dead is because for many years, POE has catered to the whiny bullshit of full-time no-lifers, increasing content and time investment required to complete it and in the process have chased off what would have been and should have been the majority of their player base - Casual Players.

Casual players see how much is involved in getting the goods needed to do the endgame content and either say "screw it, I'll get as far as i get and enjoy it" or say "screw this game, there's no way I'm doing that." Or "screw leagues, I'm playing standard"

We need more casual players, not more content that makes casual players less competitive and more likely to say "Screw this."

What is so freakin' bad about having time to play other games anyway?

Fully agree. This is a big thing people forget. It's typically people who play poe for 8+ hours a day who have stuff to say about how a month into league they completed everything etc. They live inside a bubble thinking everyone lives like them and play a game for 60+ hours a week. These players forget some people have full time jobs, a gf/bf, friends, other irl hobbies and whatever else. Not everyone sits in their bedroom all day playing games. For a a player who maybe plays 3 hours a day, the leagues have a ton of hours in content to do and complete. This is a problem in all games though of course.

Thanks! i'm not alone XDD
Can't wait for next league. Quit this one early because I couldn't find a build I enjoyed playing.
I stopped playing Metamorph because I found getting a hold of maps to be a pain in the Alfa Sierra Sierra. Anything that further impedes access to maps is in my opinion unnecessary. It's not that the new mapping system is too hard to learn it's that I'm not interested in jumping through more RNG hoops or reading ten pages posted somewhere on reddit. I was hoping you'd scratch this new system but I seem to hold a minority position... Thanks for all the good times it's been fun.
Fairgraves 1:21 Naked came I out of the sea, and naked shall I return thither; GGG hath given, and GGG hath taken away
for the love of god reduce the clusterfucks and rework crafting its too much rng
I quit Metamorph early because I didn't like the new atlas system. I hope it's different in the upcoming season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info