You may want to avoid Wolcen

OP.

What is your experience with minions and summoners in general?

From what i gathered they scale very bad with gear and are mediocre feasible on higher skill levels and character levels.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Powertrip wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Thanks for buying Wolcen, not supporting PoE, then coming to the PoE forums to launch a complaint thread about the game that is inferior, but you invested in.

Cool.

You don't get nice shiny soapbox forum badges for buying stashtabs. Just a thought.

To the OP. Don't know how long you've been around, but POE wasn't exactly a dream experience post beta. Took quite a few years to get to this point, and there's still many complaints on a myriad of fronts.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dude came to the PoE forums to complain about Wolcen...just take that in for a second.

Then tells a story about how good PoE is in comparison, but apparently not good enough to support, while simultaneously complaing about the money they did spend on a complete other game.

Not only does this point not make sense, its targeted to the wrong audience, the wrong devs, and accomplishes nothing but head scratching.

Spoiler
also people that spend money on PoE, but dont get the supporter packs, boggle me. Why not get the essentially free mtx for the same cost as points?

Well, I mean this is off-topic where you can talk about stuff like this. And some people just like coming here and talking for whatever reason. I'm one of them. I dont play PoE nearly as much as I play PoE forums nowadays.

Also, on the spoiler. I only buy/bought points when I want more stash tabs. MTX never appealed to me, and I dont really know the pricing on packs anyways, but they are probably more than 20 bucks at a time, which is what I do. I think I've spent about 150 bucks on PoE at this point in just stash tabs, and I dont even use any of them. I guess the next widget page they make for their next new widget, I'll have to buy that one, like I did essences, maps, quads, cards, etc.

Also, hilariously enough, Grim Dawn is now on sale 75% off. Smart of Steam to cash in on all the people refunding Wolcen. I got refunded to my steam wallet, I've never played Grim Dawn because I just dont care for offline Arpgs, but I have the Arpg itch and can get the entire game + DLCs for less than I refunded Wolcen for. So, I guess that might be where my refund goes.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 17, 2020, 4:56:11 PM
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
I abandoned after the X number of doing the same crap,killing the same mobs in the same area.

???
You have been doing exactly that for years, here. PoE already has his years, and therefore there is more variety in maps and mobs, but is basically the same.

You need to admit it. The good thing about PoE is not that variety of mobs or maps. It's how we kill those monsters. And in that Wolcen is light years away...

Yes but also no. Yes in the way that these games are not action role playing games as the bs marketing department labeled them. These are hack and slash looters,that is it, you hack you slash, you kill shit,loot drops you collect,craft or sell it.

But also no, poe has much more depth to it than what wolcen could ever achieve, it's not just how we kill those things,it's what we do AFTER we kill those things.
"
Destructodave wrote:

Also, hilariously enough, Grim Dawn is now on sale 75% off. Smart of Steam to cash in on all the people refunding Wolcen. I got refunded to my steam wallet, I've never played Grim Dawn because I just dont care for offline Arpgs, but I have the Arpg itch and can get the entire game + DLCs for less than I refunded Wolcen for. So, I guess that might be where my refund goes.

Not a bad deal. Grim Dawn is waaaaaaaaaay better than Wolcen. More variety of builds, skills, monsters and locations. And most importantly, much more polished than wolcen. Maybe Wolcen in a couple of years will become a Grim Dawn competitor if we take into account only the offline game.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Pulled the trigger on a new PC build. Gonna play Wolcen, POE and Grim Dawn all at the same time:
Wolcen will never be ftp, thank goodness.

don't forget the video card or you won't be playing anything lol

I've already installed an RX 590 in my current rig. Gonna pull that :D
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
also had some pop up window pop in the middle of a boss fight (not good)

The Steam overlay window?

It gets activated on shift-tab, so I find I accidentally open it quite often by mistake when I try to turn the map off during combat.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

It gets activated on shift-tab, so I find I accidentally open it quite often by mistake when I try to turn the map off during combat.

Nope... Quest rewards windows in middle of fights. In this topic people are claiming for good reasons.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Pulled the trigger on a new PC build. Gonna play Wolcen, POE and Grim Dawn all at the same time:

Wolcen will never be ftp, thank goodness.

Those parts are barely adequate, and even rtx2080 will ramp up and make a lot of noise, go look at the steam bug reports.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
gandhar0 wrote:
OP.

What is your experience with minions and summoners in general?

From what i gathered they scale very bad with gear and are mediocre feasible on higher skill levels and character levels.

there is a video up by some dude, there is zero scaling from gear and only one part of the wheel that dealt with minions (guy claimed it was like they had tacked it on very late and had not polished it)

"
LennyLen wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

No it wasn't the steam window, it was an in game window telling me some BS about something or other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info