You may want to avoid Wolcen

@lagwin1980 It's already butter smooth and over 120 fps with my current, lesser system, but I'll be sure to update you :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Feb 18, 2020, 12:48:03 AM
Just a quick response to a couple weird replies I found, in no particular order.

I posted in off topic, as in off-topic, so not strictly poe-related. Sorry, english is not my first language, so I thought that off-topic means something that is not related to the main argument (poe in this case, I think). So why am I not allowed to post about another game?

It may be that I'm an old-ish player, but I really cannot get into microtransactions, they really hurt my brain. I'd rather pay 30 bucks for a game then find out it's bad, than pay 5 for a sparkling stash tab. If poe had been buy to play i'd have had no problems buying it, even at the start. Paying up to 15 euros for a mtx or a skin? I can't do that. It's not like I'm force to support the game anyway, but if there will eventually be ways to support it that I can agree to, I will. Just not microtransactions.

At what point do I talk shit about poe? It's not THE best arpg ever, everyone knows you need some broken builds to deal with endgame without going insane, the voice acting and story is meh, and the lag can become a torture quite often. That said, it also has a great variety. Ok it didn't start like this, but it was already pretty decent form day 1, and for free. Even if it costed like Grim Dawn it would've been a good deal. Highlighting some major flaw that everyone recongnises hadrly classifies as talking shit.

Again, didn't I post in off-topic? I thought I could even write about anime and other degeneracy in here. Maybe not?

I also wrote that Wolcen might still become intersting in the future. But right now it's not, it's not even comparable to poe or grim dawn when they launched, and I was there.
The game is laggy and I don't understand why. Because of my ping? I have lower ping than I do in PoE and PoE runs smoother. Sometimes potions don't trigger even though I do have charges. Targeting is weird AF. Overall the game behaves worse than it did in December when I bought it.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The game is laggy and I don't understand why. Because of my ping? I have lower ping than I do in PoE and PoE runs smoother. Sometimes potions don't trigger even though I do have charges. Targeting is weird AF. Overall the game behaves worse than it did in December when I bought it.
Online?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
Actkqk wrote:

Nope... Quest rewards windows in middle of fights. In this topic people are claiming for good reasons.

TBH, this is the only thing that annoys me about Wolcen right now.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

Nope... Quest rewards windows in middle of fights. In this topic people are claiming for good reasons.

TBH, this is the only thing that annoys me about Wolcen right now.
There's a laundry list of passives that either outright don't work, don't work as intended/described, work but can become bugged/broken under various (and very common) circumstances, or may/may not work but no one knows because the effect isn't reflected in the character info.

It's...not a short list. And it can be extremely annoying.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Online?

Yes, online. It shouldn't lag, I use the same server I use for PoE and even have lower ping. It is very choppy though, it was smoother during closed beta
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Powertrip wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Thanks for buying Wolcen, not supporting PoE, then coming to the PoE forums to launch a complaint thread about the game that is inferior, but you invested in.

Cool.

You don't get nice shiny soapbox forum badges for buying stashtabs. Just a thought.

To the OP. Don't know how long you've been around, but POE wasn't exactly a dream experience post beta. Took quite a few years to get to this point, and there's still many complaints on a myriad of fronts.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dude came to the PoE forums to complain about Wolcen...just take that in for a second.

Then tells a story about how good PoE is in comparison, but apparently not good enough to support, while simultaneously complaing about the money they did spend on a complete other game.

Not only does this point not make sense, its targeted to the wrong audience, the wrong devs, and accomplishes nothing but head scratching.

Spoiler
also people that spend money on PoE, but dont get the supporter packs, boggle me. Why not get the essentially free mtx for the same cost as points?

How do you know he hasn't said anything on the Wolcen forums as well? He came here to warn his PoE friends cos these forums are currently full of Wolcen hype threads, so it adds some balance. Why would he find his PoE friends on the Wolcen forums, assuming they haven't already bought it? Also, he isn't here simply 'complaining' about Wolcen, he's made it clear that this is a cautionary thread for those who may have been considering buying it.

Secondly, how do you know he hasn't supported the game? Not everyone who pays into this game wears a supporter badge, and in fact it's quite possible to have given the devs loads of money without having done so via a supporter pack. I'd even be an example, as I've paid more into this game than my supporter badge would indicate - as for why anyone would do that, one quite common reason is simply not having paid in all at once. All those with dozens of supporter badges show off is how much disposable income they have at any one time.

Anyway, he isn't targeting the wrong audience at all. It's just you who's choosing to read this thread as nothing but someone whining.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
OP.

What is your experience with minions and summoners in general?

From what i gathered they scale very bad with gear and are mediocre feasible on higher skill levels and character levels.

Woolfio did a whole video on the state of minions in Wolcen - https://youtu.be/3qbfO-24kPA
"
Exile009 wrote:

How do you know he hasn't said anything on the Wolcen forums as well? He came here to warn his PoE friends cos these forums are currently full of Wolcen hype threads, so it adds some balance. Why would he find his PoE friends on the Wolcen forums, assuming they haven't already bought it? Also, he isn't here simply 'complaining' about Wolcen, he's made it clear that this is a cautionary thread for those who may have been considering buying it.

Secondly, how do you know he hasn't supported the game? Not everyone who pays into this game wears a supporter badge, and in fact it's quite possible to have given the devs loads of money without having done so via a supporter pack. I'd even be an example, as I've paid more into this game than my supporter badge would indicate - as for why anyone would do that, one quite common reason is simply not having paid in all at once. All those with dozens of supporter badges show off is how much disposable income they have at any one time.

Anyway, he isn't targeting the wrong audience at all. It's just you who's choosing to read this thread as nothing but someone whining.

Meh, as per usual I dont agree with much of anything you said. I dont understand how your assumptions would be anymore valid than mine.

At least mine are based on facts.

First he did come to the PoE forums to post about Wolcen. That's a fact. I dont know if he did to the D3 forums, the Grim Dawn forums, the Wolcen forums, etc, I can only speak to what he did here.

Second he did in fact pay money for Wolcen.

Third, there is no clear evidence that he contributed to PoE at all. Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. Badges, at the very least, confirm you did support.

Basically I have no issue with the generic premise of posting what you want in Off-Topic, but that doesnt somehow give you blanket immunity from criticism, or logical questions as to the point you are trying to make.

Again, paying for Wolcen, admittedly stating PoE is better, then posting in the PoE forums complaining about the support you gave Wolcen, and by all accounts didnt give PoE, isnt a great look for an intelligent person.

At best you leave the thread saying "Huh?"
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 18, 2020, 11:51:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info