[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

"
Diddlie wrote:
Started the league with this build and Im having a blast! I am however dying a lot (120 times lvl90). Im considering trying to push some more block, would the lethal pride with the block keystone be a better defensive option than the glorious vanity with the 20% life as ES jewel?

Currently sitting on 35% attack dodge and 25% spell dodge.

happy that you enjoy the build :)
delirium is a fucking mess, but i'm not dying more than normal.

i'm playing more safe and i'm constantly running.
staying in one spot is a no no because potentially one of the finely balanced and totally visible mechanics of this league can be thrown at you in any moment.

i don't know about lethal pride... probably not going to test it becasue i don't know how much more time i'm gonna invest in this mess of a league.
i would say that glorious vanity sound safer

"
SVNihilist wrote:
I love how simple the build is. Definitely prefer it over the Hierophant version.

that's the reason i went inq. with inq the build is super dumbed down :D

"
SVNihilist wrote:
One question though on the frostbolt link. I was trying it without the curse on hit (i don't need the extra damage on normal mobs and the effects are reduced on bosses, and you can get power charges through the new cluster) My mana is fine with a flask, and the things that kill me are one shots. I replaced it with lesser projectiles for more orbs, meaning more nova casts/damage, and it kind of feels better.

Is there a specific reason you're choosing it over more projectiles?

curse on hit and gmp are both linked to frostbolt, so i don't get what you are saying.

if you mean that you linked both gmp and lmp to your frostbolt you are kinda wasting a link because novas can expand from up to 2 frostbolts, not more.
Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 17, 2020, 2:25:56 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:

if you mean that you linked both gmp and lmp to your frostbolt you are kinda wasting a link because novas can expand from up to 2 frostbolts, not more.

That was what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick reply.

I just respecced into this build from my storm brand after my first Sirus kill, and this is a really awesome build! Although Frostbolt projectiles fly sooo slow :( so maybe Faster Projectiles Support will be needed.

I have a few questions regarding the endgane gear:

1, How important is the Cold Damage Leeched as Life mod on the amulet? For I was thinking about making a +1 to all Int Gems and +1 to Cold Gems amulet, which is probably better on the offensive site.

2, If you have a Elder + Shaper influenced ring alongside your Mark of the Shaper, will you get both the Spell Damage and the Stun Immunity?

3, Considering the chest piece, wouldn't a Frenzy Charge on Hit mod be better than the Power Charge one (for your can generate Power Charges with PCoC linked to Frostbolt)?

And as for Cluster Jewels I have Master of Fear and Dark Discourse, for Unnerve and Hinder.
"

1, How important is the Cold Damage Leeched as Life mod on the amulet? For I was thinking about making a +1 to all Int Gems and +1 to Cold Gems amulet, which is probably better on the offensive site.

There is a cluster jewel node called "Doryanni's lesson" it gives 25% elemental damage and 0.2% ele damage leeched as life. I suggest that node. since we do extreme damage 0.2 enough. Or you can connect life leech gem to frostbolt if you struggle but I don't think that is the case for you
How You doing?
Having fun so far. Died a lot while getting used to play this build but when you play it pays of so much. I also use clarity and herald of ice for now later i will drop them since We will have extreme good damage. and if you check my tree cluster jewels are used too they are OP!!!

This build play style is like mine. Just like frostbolt -> run -> ice nova( to monster location) -> repeat and so on just funny play style not exaclty mines but moving mines :)

How You doing?
Last edited by quantondev on Mar 18, 2020, 4:44:26 AM
What do you think about cloak of defiance as defansive option? I this it would be realy nice and save us a point
How You doing?
"
I just respecced into this build from my storm brand after my first Sirus kill, and this is a really awesome build! Although Frostbolt projectiles fly sooo slow :( so maybe Faster Projectiles Support will be needed.

2, If you have a Elder + Shaper influenced ring alongside your Mark of the Shaper, will you get both the Spell Damage and the Stun Immunity?

3, Considering the chest piece, wouldn't a Frenzy Charge on Hit mod be better than the Power Charge one (for your can generate Power Charges with PCoC linked to Frostbolt)?

you can try to use the Frozen Trail threshold jewel to make Frostbolt go faster, but then you'll need to swap gmp for slower proj against bosses.
maybe you will like it, i personally hate it :D

1) imho very, as it's our unique source of leech, but maybe try a run without it and see if you can do without. i can't because i'm kinda bad at the game (plus my pc is slow), so i need passive defense layers to survive.
if you are a good player you can maybe sacrifice the leech to get more dps.

2) yes

3) i forgot about that! i thought it was "frenzy on kill". this is potentially very good.
previously we had to have "power charge on hit" on chest because frostbolt+pcoc is bad for generating power charges against bosses, but now we can drop that mod (because we can generate power charges thanks to comboing two of the new notables) and put "frenzy on hit" instead.

on my metamorph build i had "+1 frenzy charge" on both my ring and amulet so i always had 2 frenzy charges, BUT we can potentially drop those two mods and have different suffixes (dmg, aoe, cast speed).
nice find :)
the notables combo

________________________________________________________________________________

"
There is a cluster jewel node called "Doryanni's lesson" it gives 25% elemental damage and 0.2% ele damage leeched as life. I suggest that node. since we do extreme damage 0.2 enough. Or you can connect life leech gem to frostbolt if you struggle but I don't think that is the case for you

i don't think that Doryani's Lesson is good because it rolls as a suffix on large cluster jewels.
suffixes on those jewels include # Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket and Disorienting Display (which grants blind).

so to use Doryani's Lesson you'll have to give up one of those 2 things. not worth imho.

________________________________________________________________________________

"
Having fun so far. Died a lot while getting used to play this build but when you play it pays of so much. I also use clarity and herald of ice for now later i will drop them since We will have extreme good damage. and if you check my tree cluster jewels are used too they are OP!!!

This build play style is like mine. Just like frostbolt -> run -> ice nova( to monster location) -> repeat and so on just funny play style not exaclty mines but moving mines :)

nice to hear that you are having fun with the build :D

"
What do you think about cloak of defiance as defansive option? I this it would be realy nice and save us a point

CoD it's good defensively, but keep in mind that you'll need more unreserved mana to fully make use of it.
also, they cost a ton this league thanks to archmage :/
"
tufferugli wrote:

"

CoD it's good defensively, but keep in mind that you'll need more unreserved mana to fully make use of it.
also, they cost a ton this league thanks to archmage :/

Yeah. I m gettin money in time. gonna get all of them after I have 12 exalt. And I think I am gonna use influenced essence worm later in this league that must boost my dps and everything but just in theory I don't know if I can make up there.
One more thing. What do you think about glancing blows? making our block double and reducing 50% damage of it? I will try later in this league to see if it will be good or not.
How You doing?
Last edited by quantondev on Mar 18, 2020, 8:20:53 AM
"
Yeah. I m gettin money in time. gonna get all of them after I have 12 exalt. And I think I am gonna use influenced essence worm later in this league that must boost my dps and everything but just in theory I don't know if I can make up there.

sounds like a plan :D

"
One more thing. What do you think about glancing blows? making our block double and reducing 50% damage of it? I will try later in this league to see if it will be good or not.

i've played with it in the past and i didn't like it too much.
Corrupted Soul allows to always take fully advantage of your 3 ehp pools (lfe, mana, es)
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

sounds like a plan :D

"

i've played with it in the past and i didn't like it too much.
Corrupted Soul allows to always take fully advantage of your 3 ehp pools (lfe, mana, es)

Ty for your kind answer. can't wait get this build max power with mirror tier things :D

-BTW knockback is actualy a good dps boost again'st knockbackable monsters.
How You doing?
Last edited by quantondev on Mar 18, 2020, 9:38:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info