Finally some fresh competition

I did get Wolcen last night, and I am really enjoying it. I think a lot of the criticism being levied at it (the server issues, glitches, etc) are a bit over exaggerated, and more importantly, NOT unique to the small indie team behind it. While I certainly don't think it's okay for a company to release a "finished" product in a terrible state, I do think some of the reactions against the studio are harsher than the bigger companies get, which is a bit unfair in context.

In other words, it's a fun game, and people who like ARPG's should check it out.

With that said....

The many attempts to spam the POE boards about how "WOLCENS GUNNA KILLZ POE LOL" are trite, ridiculous, and completely uncalled for. This is basically like insisting that if you play DOOM, you never should or need play any other FPS game ever.

From the time I've spent with Wolcen, it's not even remotely trying to do the stuff POE is, nor is it trying to be in the same niche. Certainly, I can see a case being made for it fighting Diablo 3 or Titan Quest, in that it has a focus on the actual adventure. But I've heard nothing of it trying to do the whole "new mechanics each season" thing, nor does it seem concerned with community challenges or other online specific things, other than co-op.

There are things about Wolcen so far that I think are better ideas than POE, but the same holds vice versa. Either way, I'm not likely to stop playing POE just because Wolcen exists, any more than I was going to stop playing any other RPG out there because of POE.

Final note: pretty sure GGG has gone on record multiple times saying they aren't interested in being the only ARPG with no alternatives to enjoy alongside, so I remain confused why anyone insists on playing the "WHOSE NUMBER ONE" game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info