Finally some fresh competition

I'm not making any claims here of which game is better or who will be more successful and such.

It's totally ok to like and play many ARPGs. We don't need to worship at the shrine of PoE. Having multiple games to choose from is a good thing for us. It is also a good thing for GGG as competition creates some incentive to be better.

As far as Wolcen being just another "basic" ARPG, it does do some things well. Its combat feels great, which is something I can appreciate given the state of PoE's combat at the moment.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:
It is not competition, one is online, the other is not.

Talking out of your ass about things you know nothing about, since Wolcen has online AND offline modes. Last Epoch is gearing towards the same when it fully leaves beta.

The fuck are you on about...

People think competition means "able to beat" as if AMD isn't competition to Intel or the United States Olympic Hockey team in 1980 wasn't competition to the Russian team after slogging their way from the back of the pack as underdog. Pepsi to Coke-Cola...you get the point I'm making, yeah?

You're all stuck on GGG/PoE because it's been the only stable offering with Diablo being the only other normie-ternative.

Forgive me for making you angry, Mr. Sympathy. Just answer me one thing. Is a game with online capabilities the same as a full online game with leagues in which you compete for 3 months?

Nope. There is no competition between these 2 games.

And even if you don't believe it, I don't play leagues and I deeply dislike having to play PoE online with latency 150-190...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
meh i'll stick to free games. theres too many good ones out there now-a-days. plenty to keep me busy since i don't play games as my full time job. not to mention other games i own and might want to revisit...

and with epic games store giving free games every week, some being AMAZING pick ups, i honestly don't see a need for me to drop money on video games for a very long time
Wolcen does looks great, it looks like POE with better graphics.
the problem is that it isn't online, so imo it's not worth the money.
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
Wolcen does looks great, it looks like POE with better graphics.
the problem is that it isn't online, so imo it's not worth the money.

It CAN be online. You choose which "mode" you play. But your offline characters will NOT be available for online gaming.

Game literally looks and feels like a cash-grab to me. Especially with that price increase they are going for.

F**k pre-order culture.
Free games are actually a plague that needs to be eradicated. Money making machines, where the developers only conduct schemes to milk more. P2P is superior. PoE being F2P and good doesn't change the fact that the F2P mode is cancer
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Free games are actually a plague that needs to be eradicated. Money making machines, where the developers only conduct schemes to milk more. P2P is superior. PoE being F2P and good doesn't change the fact that the F2P mode is cancer

I'm not a huge F2P advocate, but I do prefer live service (and that's how F2P functions most of the time)

Are you saying you would rather have games be a $60 one shot and then abandoned?

Edit: which is ok. Death Stranding, Outer Worlds, etc.. can be fine games, I just prefer those that get content updates
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 13, 2020, 2:10:38 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

You just don't have much experience with well done F2Ps. Most of the F2Ps I've actually been heavily into before were just like P2P games, but they had optional stuff you could buy that you wouldn't normally be able to get.

PSO2, Dragon's Dogma Online, Aura Kingdom and PoE are probably the best examples. You can play every bit of content in them without spending a cent, and there's never a point where you feel pressured to, you can even get almost all of the paid stuff for free just by playing.

PoE is going pretty hard on stash space lately though, these last few leagues have added so much stuff that you have to pick up. I don't think they'll let it get to a point where you're actually forced to buy tabs to play though. Right now it's just my pseudo currency tab taking a real hit.

It seems like they made maps even better though. No more having to hold onto every single red map, just the ones you like.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

There are good F2P games. And good P2P games. And terrible ones too, in both categories. The real key, as the guy above you said, is simply to never pre-order, or day 1 purchase for that matter, and do your research. Don't get the game until at least a week (and preferably longer) has passed, and you've read the reviews (from places you trust, or preferably just go with user scores).

Always remember - your enemy isn't game developers. By and large they're good people. The enemy is the marketing and finance departments. Especially the former, for creating the pre-order menace in the first place. If a game is terrible, 90% of the time they're the ones to blame.
There are good F2P games and bad P2P games. So?

F2P = developers trying their best to milk as much money as possible from their costumers.

P2P = developers actually trying to make a quality product that will be bought.

It has always been like this and will always be like this. F2P is cancer designed to tug at your wallet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info