Don't whisper someone asking to buy an item and reply with "lol, nt"

"
Asmosis wrote:
After you've whispered a dozen people (who arent obvious market trolls) individually who dont bother to respond, you then move to just spamming everyone as quickly as you can until someone actually does bother.

Then the slow pokes get angry and be like "but dood you said you wanted it why u no buy now?!" 10 minutes later.

That irks me a lot. That's why when I know I've beeb a slowpoke I will politey ask if they still need the item. To be honest, a 5c item is hardly worth leaving a map for. For big ticket sales I'll drop what I'm doing quickly, but cheap sales have to wait.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
This happens when d bags post thing's for a cheap price, just to get a rise out of people. I don't know why they do it, but they do. Something worth 15 ex they post for 5, you msg them, you get a LOL response.
"
"
Squishydew wrote:

This so much. When I've whispered like 5 people and none of them respond i just proceed to spam another 5 in one go and then /dnd after my trade.

Its a fault in the trading system, not in the playerbase.

Well, that will just get you on peoples ignore list. And this is the reason no one answering you.

Well he is just following the design philisophy behind actual trading system, I would simply encourage all players to do so and spam messages instead of waiting 30sec/1 min to see if seller will answer or not.

Hf :)
"
Squishydew wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:
After you've whispered a dozen people (who arent obvious market trolls) individually who dont bother to respond, you then move to just spamming everyone as quickly as you can until someone actually does bother.

Then the slow pokes get angry and be like "but dood you said you wanted it why u no buy now?!" 10 minutes later.

This so much. When I've whispered like 5 people and none of them respond i just proceed to spam another 5 in one go and then /dnd after my trade.

Its a fault in the trading system, not in the playerbase.

The system isn’t ignoring people or adding delays in responses. Those are actions and choices by the player base.

You can try and make excuses for poor behavior or entitlement, but at the end of the day, it always comes down to choices made by players.

If you want to be stand out from the current generation then take responsibility for your actions... no one seems to want to anymore.
Last edited by fomori2 on Jan 23, 2020, 5:46:21 AM
Imagine trying to buy a load of cheap items and waiting 30 seconds between sending each whisper, why on earth would you do that? You are just making trading more time consuming and frustrating for yourself.

If you spam a bunch of people and some of them send an invite then drop what they are doing to leave their map and start rummaging around in their stash before you accept well that's down to them lacking in common sense.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 23, 2020, 5:54:33 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:

If you spam a bunch of people and some of them send an invite then drop what they are doing to leave their map and start rummaging around in their stash before you accept well that's down to them lacking in common sense.

So your mental flaw of impatience is somehow someone else’s lack of common sense... I don’t really see a universe in which that intelligently makes sense, but, ok!
"
fomori2 wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:

So your mental flaw of impatience is somehow someone else’s lack of common sense... I don’t really see a universe in which that intelligently makes sense, but, ok!

So would you think it makes sense to drop what your doing immediately and head back to your hideout before someone accepts your invite? There's a whole host of reasons why people might not accept - they are impatient spammers and found something else already, they got distracted, they found something cheaper, they changed their mind, the guy they whispered 5 minutes ago finally got back to them etc. So yes it is common sense to not leave your map until someone accepts.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 23, 2020, 7:26:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info