Don't whisper someone asking to buy an item and reply with "lol, nt"

Don't harass someone with an offer lower than the fixed price ?

I will add this:

- Often the unwanted "offer" is so ridiculously low i have the feeling the other player's standard of living is black market + urban guerrilla.

- Still if declined, even politely, the other player will try again by slightly increasing his ridiculously low balled offer, here's the harassment case.

And these [removed by support] of [removed by support] by [removed by support] are still complaining ?!

Tank you.
Last edited by Universalis on Jan 19, 2020, 2:57:31 AM
what?
Second-class poe gamer
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Thanks to the retarded trading system you usually need to whisper a bunch of people before buying something.

Pushing the envelope, testing boundaries, hm? ^^
The developers themselves are fully aware that the trading system is bad. They do it to make item acquisition slower.
"
HwtChirino wrote:
You don't walk into a store and decide not to buy something you don't want to spend money on, proceeding to then tell the clerk, "haha, no thanks; I won't be purchasing these items I had considered earlier"

I work in a store. People do this all the time.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
HwtChirino wrote:
You don't walk into a store and decide not to buy something you don't want to spend money on, proceeding to then tell the clerk, "haha, no thanks; I won't be purchasing these items I had considered earlier"

Anyone who's ever worked retail at one point in their life could probably attest to this. Liking something doesn't mean someone's willing to pay the asking price.

Also, its far too common for players to overvalue what they're selling, and all of us who've built up a standard stash are all guilty of it in one form or another.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
HwtChirino wrote:

And a good old clerk says "that's very helpful to learn the price." to make customers feel comfortable to check other prices.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
ive seen this scenario unfold a few times.

op sells item without a price.
gamer is interested in item and offers reasonable price.
op has ideas of grandeur so he asks for 4times what it's worth.
gamer has a brain and replies "LOL, NT".
op gets mad ; and probably still has the item collecting dust 1 week before league ends.
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Jan 19, 2020, 11:34:39 AM
Got some guy the other day that was trying to buy an item from me that I've put on the market for 180 chaos.
It was and still is the cheapest offer and with better mods rolled, too.
The next one is 2 ex, so almost twice that.

He offered me 40 chaos, I've declined politely by saying that I'm not interested.
He asked me to link the item, and so I did.

Then he goes like: "Oh, I've said 40 chaos? I can give you 14! That's what the PoE Trade Macro is saying"

I've tried to explain to the guy that PoE macro is pretty much useless for checking the real value of items, to which he has replied: "yeah, yeah.. that's why everyone is using it".

My point is - don't waste your time folks and just ignore idiots that severly undervalue your items or/and are trying to scam you out of them or to just mess with you.

Most likely they don't even have enough currency to pay you for it.
Last edited by jewelsy2 on Jan 19, 2020, 2:34:43 PM
"
HwtChirino wrote:
It's annoying.

You don't walk into a store and decide not to buy something you don't want to spend money on, proceeding to then tell the clerk, "haha, no thanks; I won't be purchasing these items I had considered earlier". Why? [Removed by Support]

So stop doing it. Thanks

Stop doing what?

and are you seriously comparing poe trading to a irl grocery store? wtf..
Because haggling is so typical in stores, right?

How about you stop taking things so seriously and move on to the next trader.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info