Don't whisper someone asking to buy an item and reply with "lol, nt"

After you've whispered a dozen people (who arent obvious market trolls) individually who dont bother to respond, you then move to just spamming everyone as quickly as you can until someone actually does bother.

Then the slow pokes get angry and be like "but dood you said you wanted it why u no buy now?!" 10 minutes later.
"
Asmosis wrote:
After you've whispered a dozen people (who arent obvious market trolls) individually who dont bother to respond, you then move to just spamming everyone as quickly as you can until someone actually does bother.

Then the slow pokes get angry and be like "but dood you said you wanted it why u no buy now?!" 10 minutes later.

This so much. When I've whispered like 5 people and none of them respond i just proceed to spam another 5 in one go and then /dnd after my trade.

Its a fault in the trading system, not in the playerbase.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
HwtChirino wrote:
It's annoying.

You don't walk into a store and decide not to buy something you don't want to spend money on, proceeding to then tell the clerk, "haha, no thanks; I won't be purchasing these items I had considered earlier". Why? [Removed by Support]

So stop doing it. Thanks

That being said, if I walked into a Mercedes dealership, and said "I will give you $100 for the AMG c63, the salesmen might give you a similar reaction. If you lowball, (and it should be obvious from a trade search what the approximate value is), and get trashed rudely, you had it coming imo.

Tbh, I've straight up put people on ignore instantly, because its literally a waste of time dealing with people like yourself. So no, thanks anyways.

Learn to read, pal. I was selling, not buying. Dumbass.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
HwtChirino wrote:
It's annoying.

You don't walk into a store and decide not to buy something you don't want to spend money on, proceeding to then tell the clerk, "haha, no thanks; I won't be purchasing these items I had considered earlier". Why? [Removed by Support]

So stop doing it. Thanks

Stop doing what?

and are you seriously comparing poe trading to a irl grocery store? wtf..
Because haggling is so typical in stores, right?

How about you stop taking things so seriously and move on to the next trader.
No shit, idiot. Why isnt is a real scenario to use as comparison? Because it's ludicrous.

How about you get a brain?
If you try to haggle on a fixed price there is nothing to discuss.
If you try to haggle on a buyout, your offer must be realistic else "lol,nt" is more or less all you will get as an answer, if player judge it's a lowball attempt (like the one I received few mins ago) it will end into ignore list.

Trading in PoE must be difficult - Not my words that's the GGG's stance and they don't want to do any efforts to change that, known fact.
We have the system we deserve -
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 20, 2020, 2:20:52 PM
"
HwtChirino wrote:

Learn to read, pal. I was selling, not buying. Dumbass.

Ah I see, oh the irony of acting like the very people he complains about in another thread.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Careful everyone, GGG's biggest fan is probably already hitting the report button under your names.

I reported every summabitch in this thread and the OP twice.

psych
This came up a few times but in most cases fixed vs negotiable price means nothing. I put every thing as fixed price personally. And on most items I will take offers if it not just posted.
"
HwtChirino wrote:
It's annoying.

So stop doing it. Thanks

My general rule for non-specific listed items is to offer 10% below the average market price.

And i usually set my self up mentally that i might have to wisper 20 people for certain items before i get a positive result.

I also wisp them and come out of the gate with "the current market value is X and i am offering X-10% for it, would you take that"
Which believe it or not, 99% of the time results in a trade since i am not being dishonest with them or attempting to cheat them out of a heavy profit relative to market value.

So tl;dr expect a**hole responses when your trying to undercut marketvalue by a lot and being an a**hole yourself.

People tend to respond in kind as far as i can tell so civility and understanding goes a long way.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Squishydew wrote:

This so much. When I've whispered like 5 people and none of them respond i just proceed to spam another 5 in one go and then /dnd after my trade.

Its a fault in the trading system, not in the playerbase.

Well, that will just get you on peoples ignore list. And this is the reason no one answering you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info