Just used my first Exalted Orb for crafting, and....

"
Vendetta wrote:
I avoid the drama but not getting seriously involved in crafting :D.

I've recently looked up a YT guide on multi-crafting, so from here on out I plan to be more careful.

I've played the game for 7 years on and off now, and this is the first exalt I've 'slammed,' so I felt like I had to since it's the first league I've gotten more than 1.

Come to think of it, I worded my title poorly. I didn't use the first Exalt I've ever found, I used an Exalted for the first time ever...so quite a big difference. =P

"
SaintLucifer wrote:
I can barely craft a flask with "Alts" before running out, not going to be insane to ever touch a "Ex" trying to craft something. That is what the trade site is for after all...

I was wasting alts the other day, then remembered Einhar has flask recipes.

The lesson I've learned in the past few days is: craft smarter, not harder."

And yeah, buying gear from the trade site is better 99% of the time...until you really know what you're doing.
Did OP ever link the item he slammed?
"
yamface wrote:
Did OP ever link the item he slammed?

At this point there's no point in me trying to save face. The item was definitely not worth slamming.

It was meant as an experiment since I was ok with what I had on it, and was debating whether I was done with the league already (without rage-quitting.)

Turns out I'm still playing, so it was just a wasted exalt.

Lesson learned, more or less...

Edit: Looking at those stats makes me want to chaos spam it.

But...I've learned better.

Gonna go look on the trade site.
Last edited by DarkPaladin4000 on Jan 19, 2020, 10:44:51 PM
There are a few good crafts on the crafting bench worth an ex.
My first exalted slam (long ago). What was added is left as an exercise to the reader.

My most recent slam was a +1 to physical, which was really nice for my Holy Fire Totem build
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 21, 2020, 10:23:41 AM
Rule #1 of crafting: don't use any currency you can't afford to lose.
"
codetaku wrote:
Rule #1 of crafting: don't use any currency you can't afford to lose.

As has been said already, it wasn't a matter of not being able to afford it; that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed with a result.

Only reason I made the thread was because it was literally the first Exalt I slammed in 7 years of playing (on and off; I'm super casual.)

But yeah, still a good rule.

"
Flapdrol wrote:
My first exalted slam (long ago). What was added is left as an exercise to the reader.

My most recent slam was a +1 to physical, which was really nice for my Holy Fire Totem build

I bet you wanted to supplement your Beautiful armour roll with some resists!

Jokes aside, your second one looks a lot better. Damn, it's not even 'socketed' gems either...

grats.
Last edited by DarkPaladin4000 on Jan 21, 2020, 4:40:49 PM

I scoured the rarity then slammed it back again... annul would probably delete the CRS or Tailwind, so screw this.
Crafting in this game can be absolutely miserable.

I slammed + inteligence, not the worst but not the best either.

But so many exalts with the metamorph currency drops so really shouldn't worry to much about it.
And this is my pool after i used meta mod today

I guess the benefit of SSF is that you really cant use them for anything else which changes the whole atmosphere around crafting and currency.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
rzuk892 wrote:

I scoured the rarity then slammed it back again... annul would probably delete the CRS or Tailwind, so screw this.
Crafting in this game can be absolutely miserable.

Oh...damn that sucks.

You even have the multi-mod craft on it.

"
Boem wrote:

I slammed + inteligence, not the worst but not the best either.

But so many exalts with the metamorph currency drops so really shouldn't worry to much about it.
And this is my pool after i used meta mod today

I guess the benefit of SSF is that you really cant use them for anything else which changes the whole atmosphere around crafting and currency.

Peace,

-Boem-

True, if you're a SSF player only it's much less of a loss.

While I've gotten more Exalts than any other league, none of 'em have been from metamorphs. One was from a chest in the Lighthouse map (I got it right after telling myself to not impulsively open chests lol,) and the other was a drop off regular monsters.

But yeah, the chances is much greater on them.

My character keeps hitting walls in progression though, so it's rough motivating myself to grind further; doesn't help that I'm not finding any eyes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info