Arctic Armour

"
So you are telling that if you have hatred lv20 active and hatred lv2 inactive(leveling), then if after zonechange your lv20 aura deactivates and lv2 activates it is okay?

You are incorrectly comparing 2 scenarios. Hatred can persist between instances.
Arctic Armor cannot persist between instances.

In the case of Hatred, the Level 20 Hatred will stay active because it persists between instances.
In the case of Arctic Armor, since it cannot persist between instances, how can you tell which Arctic Armor it should recast?
Last edited by Starxsword on Mar 30, 2015, 5:28:12 AM
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
So you are telling that if you have hatred lv20 active and hatred lv2 inactive(leveling), then if after zonechange your lv20 aura deactivates and lv2 activates it is okay?

You are incorrectly comparing 2 scenarios. Hatred can persist between instances.
Arctic Armor cannot persist between instances.

In the case of Hatred, the Level 20 Hatred will stay active because it persists between instances.
In the case of Arctic Armor, since it cannot persist between instances, how can you tell which Arctic Armor it should recast?
Damn, that's exactly what the talk was about: it should persist between instances!
inb4 "Persist is not recasted" - these are technical details that are of no interest to end-user.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Damn, that's exactly what the talk was about: it should persist between instances!

Yes, but that is the issue that the other poster mentioned. It is supposedly difficult to do that.
Please just remove the sound all together. It doesn't need to have a sound. It's driving me insane.

"

Sound effect that plays nonstop while this is active drives me insane. Remove sound fx pliz

"
nightblade157 wrote:

+1 for removing sound effect. Giving me a headache

"
zankioh wrote:

-The sound of said ice trail (basically a permanent sound when you have the skill active) is driving me nuts though, please remove it. I don't need to hear cracking ice all the time. Auras should never come with annoying sound effects.

Edit: I can't possibly express just how much the sound bugs me. Even though the skill would be useful to me I'm not gonna use it solely because of annoying it is to hear it all the time
"
Starxsword wrote:

I refuse to believe that GGG coders are so incompetent that they can't store information about a linkage between a skill gem and the Arctic Armour that is active when beginning zone transitions, in order to automatically recast the same skill gem upon completing zone transitions, if they need to wipe the current effects when transitioning.

Exactly how to code it would depend on the current data structure, but, regardless of data structure, it ought to be a small change if it was decided to do so. And if one was willing to do it in a dirty way.

A much bigger question is whether GGG a) considers this as worthwhile doing, since even small changes do take time to implement and test, and b) whether they are willing to code small ugly exceptions, as these tend to result in tech debt over time, or whether they prefer more polished systems, in which case this is something that would be pushed on the "nice to have if ever we do a major overhaul"

But there's no doubt that it would be a big QOL improvement to Arctic Armour for it to persist during transitions.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Having a specific binding or option for toggle skills that would let you decide which ones to auto-recast and which ones not to is easy.
You could even have UI-supported gear-links bindings.
Or just more key bindings really.

It could be done completely client-side (just like a macro that you can already setup btw, you can find decent free software if you don't have a natively programmable mouse).
Even a right-click menu per each gem to set some extra attributes wouldn't be that far fetched.

The only reason is that they never meant or wanted to add any proper automatism.
Macros are allowed but not natively supported.
Some early proposed ideas equivalent to now implemented trigger skills where frowned upon (especially regarding endurance charges).
Tempest Shield had to be recast in each zone for quite a while, then it was changed.

Before this degenrates in a flaming crusade: it's not important if I agree on that aspect or not. The point is that it's not because "mechanics", it's just because.
Last edited by Darkwings83 on May 17, 2015, 5:06:25 PM
suggestion:
New unique jewel: Gain Ice Shards to you Arctic Armour that gives you 150 additional armour for each Power Charge. Loose 1 Power charge than enemy Hit you. Can't use Molten Shell.

Analogue to Molten Shel for Ice, additional game effect, more game style variations.

Can create jewels for over charges. On set (3 jews) can be another discharge. Like rays from character to mobs for each charge. (May by like tornado shot)

P.S.: Sorry for my english :)
Last edited by Alesai on Jun 5, 2015, 4:36:02 PM
R.I.P.
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
AA doesn't consume mana on moving now ..

and i like this new version, i use it on my lvl 43 shadow. it's fine :)
"
Gholaduncan wrote:
AA doesn't consume mana on moving now ..

and i like this new version, i use it on my lvl 43 shadow. it's fine :)

yeah, this changes seems really good to me for shadows, rangers, duelists. its a dex gem that had insane mana consumption, reducing it to special builds, not really even useful for what it would seem to be its prime candidates. (yes shadows are int/dex.)

New Arctic armor, directly answers evasion/ES based builds lack of Armor.
Phase acrobatics? +Arctic armor.
you don't need lightning coil anymore.

I only suppose, we need other versions. AA gives self phsy DR and fire.. we need a ES and light, and dodge and ice one too. (dodge not block.)

Burning ninja. (Cant touch this)
str, dex. fire, spell, duration.
Burn emeny for .5s when hit. 5-10% dodge. can not be frozen.(might be too much?)
25% reserved.

eh. not sure on ES version. AA is separate and stacks with armor. Dodge would be seperate and stack with evasion. Not sure what a good stacking mechanic for ES would be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info