Arctic Armour

when only "stationary"? i never bothered to read the gem, wow that sucks totally
AA needs a level buff - ridiculous you empower + 1 a gem and gives nothing? Cost 125% more to run why not?

AA is actually more powerful now and thats good but why no bonus. Like should be +1 phys/fire per +1 over 20

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 20, 2015, 5:58:50 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
AA needs a level buff - ridiculous you empower + 1 a gem and gives nothing? Cost 125% more to run why not?

AA is actually more powerful now and thats good but why no bonus. Like should be +1 phys/fire per +1 over 20

AA shouldn't be used in the manner it is now, not only do casters have 0 defensive options that every other class now have, they actually work BETTER for other classes.

Bow character, most of the time spent standing still offscreening shit. AA works perfectly for them as they don't need to "kite" as much as casters, plus they almost always have superior range to casters.

Melee, the flat % reduction actually works insanely well for armor based characters. Sure its less useful to cyclone character then it is to traditional melee characters, it still "works" for them. The chilled ground and chilled effect on melee attack synergies well for them.

Where does that leave casters? You know the class it was originally designed for? Well in a terrible spot, your forced into going into this armor, life, caster with maybe some crappy interaction with picking up EB, so you can reserve all your mana for auras and buffs like this.

The fact that the defensive bonus doesn't work while moving prevents the ability to kite effectively for short ranged casters, like freeze pulse, glacial cascade and incinerate. I can slightly understand why it doesn't (imagine cyclone with always working AA), but at the same time the movement to a % reserved not only forces GGG to balance for other classes, but actually makes it BETTER for those classes vs some other defensive options.

The whole idea of standing still to get damage reduction goes against GGG's implementation of hard hitting mobs, are you really going to "stand there" and take unnecessary damage in order to mitigate a %, that not only seems like a poor idea, but a deadly one.

Even though I know it won't happen, I'd like to see a defensive option, for casters, that rely on mana regen like the old AA. Either that or make it so you can still kite with the new AA and add some higher int requirements to prevent everyone and their mother from using AA, except the class\playstyle that needs it the most.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
How does the new Arctic Armour work with reflect damage. I'm playing Magma Orb. Do I need to be stationary at the time casting the spell or once the projectile hits the mob and the damage got reflected?
Last edited by ix8 on Jul 23, 2015, 1:32:51 PM
"
ix8 wrote:
How does the new Arctic Armour work with reflect damage. I'm playing Magma Orb. Do I need to be stationary at the time casting the spell or once the projectile hits the mob and the damage got reflected?
At the time damage is dealt.
There are a lot of informations in this thread, but i cant figure out, if the "X% less damage taken when hit" of the new Arctic Armor comes before, or after the mitigation of armour? :/
After.
Well, that's disappointing.
"
blutsgewalt wrote:
There are a lot of informations in this thread, but i cant figure out, if the "X% less damage taken when hit" of the new Arctic Armor comes before, or after the mitigation of armour? :/

It's a "Less." Though the game doesn't directly ever TELL you this, anything labeled as a "More" or "Less" is applied as a MULTIPLIER after everything else, and doesn't "add" to anything.

Granted, -13% less damage (just over 1/8th) from physical attacks is still pretty decent. I know that it'd feel more substantial if they bumped it to at least 17% (just over 1/6th) or even a little higher, but at that point it'd risk getting overpowered for just a 25% mana reservation.

Remember, the gem ALREADY cuts some of your elemental damage, provides a RELIABLE layer of physical mitigation, (against big hits, it's now better than pre-2.0 AA) and on top of that, provides a REACTIVE defense by chilling some enemies. Already, it's a better bargain than the 50% mana for Determination even a high-armour build.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Sorry, i can't figure out what does "Skill duration" and the "increased skill duration" from quality refer to on Arctic Armour? It has cast time, mana reservation and cooldown time, which i do understand, however skill duration and increased skill duration from the quality eludes me. Is it the time the "chilled ground" effect stays on the ground?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info