Arctic Armour

Sound effect is annoying..
Last edited by Dorekk on Apr 18, 2014, 4:57:22 PM
"
Quantume wrote:
AA sucks, the mana drain is way too high and makes it a viable defense gem for only casters.

It's viable to run it 24/7 while running about constantly only for high mana regen builds (which are not exclusively casters, incidentally - anyone can make a big mana build with Eldritch Battery).

As for other builds, AA is perfectly 'viable' as a skill, you just have to learn to toggle, use more mobility skills (so you spend less time in motion), or just don't level the gem up quite as high (even low-level AA is very powerful against flamethrower-type skills). People need to get out of the mentality of 'activate all my buffs, then spam one skill to win'.
Last edited by Incompetent on Apr 25, 2014, 3:00:11 AM
Does anybody know if the damage reduction is applied AFTER the Armor?

Would be very important to know imo.
Last edited by ExiledRenor on Apr 29, 2014, 4:15:51 PM
"
ExiledRenor wrote:
Does anybody know if the damage reduction is applied AFTER the Armor?

Would be very important to know imo.

Both apply independently of each other to the whole amount of damage.

For example, if you have 12k Armour and 250 Arctic Armour, and you get hit for 1k physical damage, then your Armour takes off 500 (it absorbs 12k/(12k+1k*12) = 50% of the damage) and the Arctic Armour takes off 250 (flat), so in total you have 750 damage reduction, meaning you take 250 damage. If you instead get hit for 600 physical damage, your Armour takes off 375 and the Arctic Armour takes off 250, but 375+250>600, so you end up taking no damage.

Same with fire damage and resists: if you have 250 Arctic Armour and 75% fire resist, and you get hit for 1k fire damage, then your fire resist takes off 1k*75% = 750 and your Arctic Armour takes off 250, so you end up taking no fire damage.
And you can always use lightning warp + faster cast + reduced duration for travelling... so you don't train mana with walking.
"
Incompetent wrote:
Both apply independently of each other to the whole amount of damage.

Not quite. Resists and Armour are applied before AA. With flat Damage Reduction, the difference isn't relevant, but it's a massive difference for stuff like Infernal Mantle and Abyssus.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 3, 2014, 7:16:48 AM
I have not been able to test. Does AA trigger movement drain when using leapslam?

edit: I can test on 6/05/14.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on May 4, 2014, 3:13:20 PM
"
Daresso wrote:
I have not been able to test. Does AA trigger movement drain when using leapslam?

edit: I can test on 6/05/14.

leapslam does, as does whirling blades

use lightning warp for no movement pentalty.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
what sucks is having to turn it on EVERY time you are in a new zone... wtf.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info