Arctic Armour

The only duration on Arctic Armour in the first place, is that of the Ice Trail.
Well ain't that just kosher.

And just did some number crunching. I'll need a mana pool of about 1100, with 100% increase regeneration from nodes, to support Arctic Armor, while standing still that is.
For supporting it while running one would need a whopping ~5100 mana, with a 100% increase, to support the skill.

I think GGG are right to say that this skill is suite to be situational. At best.

However I will begin to work towards finding a use for it. I am a RoA Duelist, using BM Support for my spells, and reserving most of my mana for Auras (like 90%). I will try to employ it in conjunction with mana potions instead of using granite flasks (or as supplement to), since I have fairly high armor as is.
there is 300% mana regen on passive tree, spread between witch and templar towards duelist. then equipment might have mods plus that amulet that has 20-30% mana regen. there isn't as much + max mp (a lot but not easily seen or reached) but int helps a healthy bit. EB is basically required for that "5k" value.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 3, 2013, 2:16:43 PM
True, you can gain alot of regen through the passive tree, but it excludes a lot of builds.
Last edited by Senserazer on Apr 3, 2013, 2:45:08 PM
does all that mana regen give you the defense lost in health nodes?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
[Regen, Mana, good stuff]. EB is basically required for that "5k" value.

And Clarity would noticably reduce that 5k value depending on %Mana Regen too. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 3, 2013, 3:18:10 PM
Well I also considered doing a melee char with AA.
However I think it's not really viable for the endgame since the flat damage reduction doesn't protect you from the huge hits you will receive.

Did I get that right?
"
Simonsworld wrote:
However I think it's not really viable for the endgame since the flat damage reduction doesn't protect you from the huge hits you will receive.

Did I get that right?

AA comes to it's right against a lot of smaller mobs, og very fast hitting mobs. It won't have much effect on heavy hitters.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
[Regen, Mana, good stuff]. EB is basically required for that "5k" value.

And Clarity would noticably reduce that 5k value depending on %Mana Regen too. :)
i said that a few posts ago but not that one for some reason XD. anyways i was just putting an answer to match the previous person's assumptions.

getting half of what i listed is easy, clarity ends up being 2/3rds your mana regen if you have inner force to pair up with the moderate regen boost.
"
Senserazer wrote:
"
Simonsworld wrote:

Did I get that right?

AA comes to it's right against a lot of smaller mobs, og very fast hitting mobs. It won't have much effect on heavy hitters.

AA reduction is used after armor reduction/endurance charges/resistsances so it is more useful than you think. Try to look at it this way, for every hit taken that damages you, you get a small "heal" of that damage taken. What is important is not how much damage is reduced, but how much of that damage in % to your total HP is "healed" automatically.

At lvl 50, with an HP pool of say 2000HP an AA gem would give you -91 on hit which is 4.55% of your total HP if the damage is greater than 91. That is HUGE ! Just as perspective, compare this to life on hit support gem at a similar level is 30 HP per hit.

Resists trolls
Casts Joy
Ninja looter
Spreads tar when tickled

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info