Arctic Armour

"
Chris wrote:
[...]
Fixed a bug with Arctic Armour, mana regeneration, and reaching exactly 0 mana.
[...]

I fear that the mana regeneration increases. :/
I mean the only bug I read about with Arctic Armour was that the mana drain while moving wasn't affected by Inner Force. If that is the case now with 0.10.5, you will need additional 57.42 mana/sec to use a lvl 20 Artic Armour constantly...please no. :(

Edit: And after playing quite a lot with it, anyone else finding it strange that you get full damage from burning ground, although you are standing in a patch of ice at the same time? Of course this is how the mechanics work, it just is weird flavourwise.
Last edited by Lord_of_Error on Apr 5, 2013, 10:09:27 AM
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
I mean the only bug I read about with Arctic Armour was that the mana drain while moving wasn't affected by Inner Force.
Then you simply didn't read about the bug that was fixed.
The bug the patch notes are referring to is that if you had more mana regen than degen, and thus should be gaining mana overall, then if you got down to 0 mana, the regen no longer correctly outpaced the degen, and you would be constantly "loosing" the amount you regened each from before it could accumulate to a full 1 mana, and thus would (at least on the client) stay on 0 mana permanently, when your regen should be increasing that value.
And if you want a different description of that bug you can read my report here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/297891

I don't know if that's the only report (doubt it but you never know), but I feel I described it pretty clearly.

I'm glad it's getting fixed, but I do have a question about it. As I stated in the report, Arctic Armour isn't dropping off when hitting 0 mana like this - will it post-patch? Seems like the proper thing to do, but I'd take free uptime any day :P
Mark this skill needs some love for on the move melee types or maybe something is wrong with mana. Doing a build based on this skill to the max, but I kinda know alrdy how gimped it seeing the life nodes I skip for the mana nodes I need and the sacrifices made on my gear to facilitate the mana regen requirements.
Last edited by Ozgwald on Apr 6, 2013, 4:58:27 AM
Thanks for that reply Mark.
Should've just waited for the patch instead of panicking. :P
I've found a use for it as kind of a "6th flask". I reserve most of my mana for auras, but have like 100 to use on AA, which gives me about 5 secs of AA, kinda like using a granite flask, except this stacks with granite flask. So as that, it works.
(Sorry if this was answered somewhere in the thread, tried to skim through it all to check but couldn't find anything.)

Does arctic armour apply before or after armour and other damage reduction calculations?

Won't be too hard to test but if someone could just put it in the thread if they tested it that'd be a little easier.
When I get some time tomorrow I will try to remember to test this out and edit my post.

I'd assume it applies before armour based on the language, "on hit" however this makes it extraordinarily less useful and I probably won't bother getting extra mana on my wander for no reason trying to accomodate higher levels of it.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
happens after your normal armor and resistance does its thing based on a few comments a page or so ago... but my memory is bad.
with this skill and incinerate i feel like a tank going into siege mode in SC2
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
I have over 160 mana per second regen and still cant support this gem
Also the hits that are going to kill you are the big hits so this is just like armor in that it does very little to keep you alive from the real stuff that kills.

Its very good vs dogs but that is it.
Gem needs some changes either lower mana or change the way it reduces from flat rate to maybe a percent based or maybe make it both

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info