0.10.4 Patch Notes

I can comfirm that if you kill off screen you get no loot as player is "0".

i was mapping with friend and we had a blue (8-10 monster) and a yellow guy there, he set up totems (ice spear-- built mech about shotting far to get crit) and wehn they were all dead, not a single loot drop from any of them, so unless we rnged with 2 players that 8 blues and 1 yellow+whites all rolled no drops at the same time, then the patch has broken some builds and does not count totems as players. Me and my friends tend to play safer because we dont have the money for gear to go "manmode", this has just made our play worse....
I don't much like the new loot system, but overall I have far less discos than before, sometimes having some desyncs but also less than before and that's a very good point for me.
And other less important but still good things that improve the game, just to balance people who say it's completly bad patch.

About loot yup it's not better than before but also nice to see some tries on it. The big point is the name of loot. If you are solo in a public party or with mates it made things worth : /

Maybe (most probably) this idea has already being said but : Why don't make loot system as the trade system ?
When things drops you have to hoover, then you have x time to pick it, so it makes it really fair for all, chests chaser are screwed, ninjas will be stoped, and there will be still people complaning about their mouse ripping triggering all there loot etc etc :p

Anyway good job !
Having the new loot system will not make me to go grouping on this game ever again when I looked at Kripp's vid at youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a71i7zOttWQ&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=3.
"
4phex wrote:
I don't much like the new loot system, but overall I have far less discos than before, sometimes having some desyncs but also less than before and that's a very good point for me.

Anyway good job !

I wonder if your increased connection quality is directly related to a reduced number of players.
"
Thorok wrote:
I can comfirm that if you kill off screen you get no loot as player is "0".

i was mapping with friend and we had a blue (8-10 monster) and a yellow guy there, he set up totems (ice spear-- built mech about shotting far to get crit) and wehn they were all dead, not a single loot drop from any of them, so unless we rnged with 2 players that 8 blues and 1 yellow+whites all rolled no drops at the same time, then the patch has broken some builds and does not count totems as players. Me and my friends tend to play safer because we dont have the money for gear to go "manmode", this has just made our play worse....

This is a problem, yes. They at least need to increase the range to more like 2 screens.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
D3Perfecto93 wrote:
Having the new loot system will not make me to go grouping on this game ever again when I looked at Kripp's vid at youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a71i7zOttWQ&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=3.

Oh, man. I didn't think about this stuff. Not sure what they should do about it, though.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
This is a problem, yes. They at least need to increase the range to more like 2 screens.
My Spark-Witch neither has quality on her Spark nor is it linked to Faster Projectiles or Chain so far. Even now I kill monsters 2-3 screens away (and no, not only white ones - and most blue ones I only see because my mana regen isn't high enough yet to kill them offscreen). When my build is complete it will easily be 5+ screens.
Okay, yes, I COULD change my plans, my build. If it would only be a problem with this build - okay, Spark would need a buff and that's it (even so I would retire my Spark-Witch because I LOVE the build this way). But the problem occurs in even worse forms with nearly every Bow skill. Even without Chain you can't avoid killing stuff 3-5 screens away. Don't even want to think about Chain (especially not with LA).

If it would affect 1 or 2 builds, okay. But on the one hand it affects at least a dozen Ranger builds - on the other it also forces partys to stay together. Not only this makes the game slower for them (can't kill at the speed you'd like to) but also much more boring (2 out of 6 are killing mobs while there aren't any left for the others or they are ranged chars which would destroy loot IF they would fight).

So - no, I don't think ANY number of screens/meters/whatever unit to define distance will do.
Last edited by Kormi on Mar 21, 2013, 7:38:28 PM
Created a separate thread with screenshots/examples about this issue.

Since a lot of spells/skills combinations travel further then 13 tiles, this is quickly becoming quite an issue.

Last edited by Grimlocke_ on Mar 22, 2013, 3:28:58 AM
"
Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 metres - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.

This murder of game who managed to gather items to this patch that has all unique items necessary to it and the best rare items, the others will get in not equal situation as to catch up with them won't be real!
When a big change like this comes there should be char wipes so everyone stays on an equal par
It is BETA after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info