0.10.4 Patch Notes

Version 0.10.4
Content:
  • Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence skill - Arctic Armour: Summons an icy shield that protects against physical and fire damage. It drains your mana while active and at a faster rate while you are moving. When you have no mana left, the skill turns off. While active, it leaves a trail of ground ice which lasts for a short duration.
  • Added three new cosmetic microtransaction effects: Stormcloud Arctic Armour, White Cyclone and Silver Wings (helmet effect). These can be purchased in the shop on the website.
  • Added four new Unique items, two of which were designed by Diamond supporters.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.

Features:
  • Quest rewards that used to grant passive skill points or passive refund points now give you a book that does the same thing when right clicked. This quest item cannot be traded and has been added to make the reward more understandable to new players.
  • Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 metres - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.
  • You can now press Ctrl+C while hovering an item in chat to copy a description of the item (including itemlevel) to the clipboard.
  • The Way Forward quest now appears in both Act One and Act Two after opening the passage.
  • Special music has been added that plays when act bosses have been slain.
  • When a player is teleported out of a bandit fight, their minions are now also. Their totems, traps and mines are now destroyed.
  • All minion corpses, traps, totems, mines and player buffs are destroyed between PvP rounds.
  • If you die after a PvP match ends, you now get the resurrect button, rather than having to log out.

Balance:
  • The new skill, Arctic Armour, has been added to the quest rewards as follows: Ranger and Shadow (Caged Brute quest), Witch and Duelist (Intruders in Black quest) and Templar (Lost in Love quest), all on Normal difficulty.
  • The damage effectiveness of Cyclone has been increased from 35% to 40%. We have also reduced the minimum distance it travels, so that you have more control. This distance is now about a third of what it was previously.
  • Shockwave Totem now casts Shockwaves faster.
  • +5% maximum resistances now occurs at level 23 of the Purity aura, rather than level 22.
  • Tempest Shield now has a 0.5 second cooldown similar to auras, to prevent it being turned off by rapidly recasting it.
  • Projectile speed mods are now listed on the website correctly.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug with passive allocation by disabling the ability to Ctrl+click passives while there are other unapplied passive changes.
  • Fixed a bug related to whether world map pins would be shown.
  • Fixed a bug where clicking outside the vendor sell window would close it.
  • The vendor looks in your first eight stash tabs for currency items when you're shopping. We have fixed it so that these are now your leftmost eight tabs.
  • Fixed bugs related to monster life scaling in some party situations.
  • Fixed a display bug with the experience bar's hover.

To clarify how the item drop changes: All players in the current area (which includes the whole map and any side areas accessible via teleporters that don't involve loading screens) are counted. For example, if you run up to Brutus but the rest of your party is still elsewhere in the Upper Prison (which is the same world area), then they are all counted. They have to be near you when Brutus dies, though. The radius for that check is 120 units (which is approximately 6 tiles or 13 metres (40 feet?).

If you like this patch, please consider supporting us.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 19, 2013, 10:33:54 PM
Please don't just post numbers in the patch notes thread - it prevents useful discussion. I'm deleting the posts that were like that to tidy it up.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Durentis wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • If you die after a PvP match ends, you now get the resurrect button, rather than having to log out.

This worries me.. a lot.

Does this situation kick you from HC to Default? I was under the impression that PvPing in HC was completely safe. I would hate to lose the items I have acquired for L28 PvP to Default.

No, you stay in HC. It just means that if you somehow "die" after the match, you aren't forced to logout, you just click the button to go back to town. Clicking the button is equivalent to clicking the return-to-town portals.
Code warrior
"
razale wrote:
OMG!!! 5% increase in damage for cyclone!!!!!!!!!11!111

40/35 = 14% damage increase.

"
Axebane wrote:
Keep up the good work GGG. Only thing I would ask is to see some new "melee-focused" support gems to play around with! :D

1.05. Alpha. Today.

"
Aux wrote:
Also thought of another question. How does "spawning" the boss work exactly? This may have impacts on crypt / thicket type maps where there is a side room to teleport into. If the first person teleports in and "spawns" the boss while the others are still coming through the portal, how does the game verify that everyone is there?

When a monster is spawned or approached for the first time, the number of players in the instance is checked. Side areas or teleports in a map still check everyone in the whole map.

"
Ashriel wrote:
These microtransactions are kind of lackluster, in my opinion. Cyclone has potential for much more than just a particle-recolor (the sawblade one is cool). Helms still have plenty of room for cool things to be done. Looking forward to more "Armor" type skills and effects though!

There are certainly more interesting ones coming. Next week's ones are very pro!

Silver Wings is selling very well so far. The white cyclone was heavily requested (and fast to make).
"
Zestro wrote:

You don't get it, I know the diamond supporter who brought this multi-boxing issue up with Chris, I can even ask him for the skype conversation. This patch wasn't suppose to happen for awhile but Chris pushed it out faster cause of the conversation with 1 Diamond Supporter via Skype.

Chris knows who I'm talking about, I'm not going to name anyone but I think it's bullshit that this is how patches work.

These changes have been in the works for a long time. I have certainly accelerated their deployment due to the community being concerned with them. That is indeed how patches work - we try to fix things the community tell us are high priorities. Systems like movement simulation sync and client performance are getting similar attention.
"
Arrogant wrote:
Chris
"
When a monster is spawned or approached for the first time, the number of players in the instance is checked. Side areas or teleports in a map still check everyone in the whole map.

How does this work with Brutus? One person enters and bam its spawned for 1?

I've clarified this exact situation in the text below the patch notes in the initial post of this thread.

"
Guurt wrote:
I hate to say it, but the lack of any real attempts at fixing some of the most glaring problems is getting kind of old.

Every time there is a patch I eagerly read the patch notes only to find the patch incredibly underwhelming.

I'm still playing and won't go anywhere too soon. But at some point you need to start addressing some of the real problems with this game.

We're working on them but are careful not to deploy dangerous changes to the realm without sufficient testing.
"
rotan wrote:

Fix the map drop rates please... Getting tired of running 71%++ maps and getting nothing out of it or a lvl 66 map in return. Seems like you only benefit from maps is if you're a part of a party or running group. Soloing gets you no where but low level map grinds. If I wanted to be in a party all the time I'd be playing a mmo.

While we're certainly looking at feedback about Maps, I should point out that the drop rate of Maps is the same regardless of how many party members you have.

"
Sebulous wrote:
Great patch. Perhaps its a bit too much that death will remove loot from bosses or using TP to refill potions removes loot too. I love the anti multibox, ninja, and chest runners. All they want is to get more gear/currency, you can't blame them. I see they are suggesting a /player command.

Death only removes loot from bosses if you don't come back after dying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info