0.10.4 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where clicking outside the vendor sell window would close it.

This wasn't a bug to me, it was wanted behavior! Please add this back as an option.

PS. when is auto-stack going to be added to orbs and other items? It is something that should perhaps have been sorted out before open beta began. Inventory clutter is very bad currently.

"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person."

best patch ever.

On the contrary. This means less items overall. It's not a good thing. It means I can't join a party and go off solo and get additional items, I'm now forced to run along with everyone else. Kinda sucks.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Last edited by Zedda on Mar 21, 2013, 10:54:05 AM
"
On the contrary. This means less items overall. It's not a good thing. It means I can't join a party and go off solo and get additional items, I'm now forced to run along with everyone else. Kinda sucks.

Oh you chest runner, you. While I've seen a few games specifically set up for all players chest running, most chest runners instead did what you say by leeching of players that are grouping. So. Um. Not cool.
"
Courageous wrote:
Oh you chest runner, you. While I've seen a few games specifically set up for all players chest running, most chest runners instead did what you say by leeching of players that are grouping. So. Um. Not cool.

I didn't do it and focus on chests, I did it and killed monsters elsewhere on the screen.

There needs to be something in place then where you either get the usual party bonuses when:
a) you're right near the other party members
b) you're in another area completely

This will still allow you to go off on your own, it will just prevent people from hanging on the edges of a party and leeching XP and items.

Mind you, the current change as it is does hinder multiboxing, which is a good thing, since multiboxing should be illegal anyway.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Zedda wrote:
"

Spoiler

Courageous:

edit me: i hate chestrunner as well and was at times quite rude to them ^^ not the point of above post though

Not only are you forced to stay with the party – every other party member is forced to stay with you.

What I see:

Let's be honest: I don't stay with my party in maps that close and neither do my fellow exiles.

Reason? We want to clear things fast, attack mobs while someone has to answer a trade request or is identifying his loot. We want to check whether the map is cleared or not using multiple routes. And yes - we even use the doors in thicket, before all is cleared. (We even use quicksilvers from time to time) And running back to monsters that someone else can kill on his own is dreadfully inefficient.

Do monster get killed while one player isn't participating? Hell yes ^^ A lot of times. And it's not extremely high dmg we are doing. We are just not waiting for the one who has to take a couple of seconds to catch up.

What I feel like:
The efficiency of group play regarding drops is no longer be determined by the combined killing speed.
It is determined by the slowest party member (in regards to movementspeed, loading time and quicksilver charges still in the pot) and the ability to leave mobs alive and run away with the dumb party that didn't see the rare.

My wish:
I want to retain a cut-throat feel and a fast paced game. Please find a solution that is not slowing down or disabling partyplay in regards to drops. I pray you do.
Erenor / Kaenro / Xharos / Darksidious / Apoorman / Tarparina

To see whether I'm currently online: poestatistics.com/users/erenor
The worst part of this patch is the complete lack of answer from GGG.

It's been two days and they haven't posted on this thread or any other thread to talk about the drop change of patch.

They just stirred this shitstorm and left. That was a huge low blown to everyone on the community that multilogged or played on parties splitting to clear the map faster. And not a SINGLE answer.

We deserve to hear about what's going to happen, if things are going to stay this way or they will revert back or what, and with the answer we may choose if it's worth or not to keep playing, that's all.
Not that I am not concerned with the Solo Drop rates which need improved dramatically from my perspective (not sure about grouping and farming as I do not view that as a legitimate game goal of the designers) but..

Getting back to Cyclone.. it does seem to have been overly affected (perhaps bugged?) as it is supposed to take 32 mana now but seems to take more like 60-70 for each cast. Pretty much useless to me right now without some sort of significant mana leech to compensate for the drain. I do wish they would advise if this is working as intended or if it needs some tweaking. (Same with other issues too I suppose)

On another note the last two patches seemed to have introduced deathly screen lag. A good example is using whirling blades to escape being mobbed seeing yourself move out of a mob only to get screen lagged and pulled back into the middle of the mob an instant latter and die without being able to heal. Perhaps this is another bug or item that needs tweaking. Before anyone jumps all over this, its not a bandwidth thing for me as I have 30mb of bandwidth and checked the game latency (F1) which is not significant. FPS rates are great too so it's not that either...there is definitely something else going on.

All that said I completely understand this is still in beta and I appreciate what they are doing here and enjoy playing immensely.

I want to say thank you GGG but can you let us know what if there is anything going on with certain things (so we can avoid it for the time being) and at least acknowledge the recent feedback that is being expressed?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Not many people think out side of their tiny boxes, rants about inefficiency in parties while denoting casual multi boxers who are big on efficiency (obviously).
Even rants on how parties are now not what they should be because of changes they and their fellow drones requested, then you get the people complaining about economy and trading which frankly is CHEATING "cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases" which is what everyone tries to do in trades or "To act dishonestly; practice fraud" within the party environment and ninja loot or hang around hoping to grab an absent members gear....except me because I'm happy with whats mine and have no need for anyone elses property (game logs will say the same). Because I am someone who does not like cheating lying scumbags, people who would rather steal then help, I am branded a cheat for using 3 clients on occasion when I want to unwind away from the low life, no moral fiber, pimpled, loud mouthed and lying cheaters that inhabit the party scene. In fact, partying is in no way what it used to be because instead of teamwork for the betterment of all its now turning into drones only partially forebeared because they bring with them monetary and/or property based rewards according to how many drones there are.
This is all being said by someone who has no designs on anyone elses gear or money, no ulterior motives, would rather help than hinder fellow game players, has never ninja looted and....all this can be proven if anyone dug up my game logs (if there are any). Then on the other side of the fence you have people willing to trade and hopefully swindle you (swindle is purposely try to get the upper hand because they want your money), would not think twice about picking up gear that the game had earmarked as yours and fob the act off as FFA all the while pressuring those around them into the pace they want within the party system because obviously its their game they are playing and your just a drone.

Lastly I should have just made another coffee and browsed the web instead of typing this stuff. *shakes head*
Never come between a man and his goals or ambitions because in all things we made choices, changing that makes the choices pointless as well as futile and is there any thinking/non sheep orientated man willing to accept futility as fun?
Great job guys, keep it up!!!!! Each patch and 'better and the game takes shape thanks to you and all of us .... A fantastic adventure 'began .. Have a good trip at all Khoji
"
RaZmAn wrote:
"

How does one achieve level 23?
20 max level, and +2 to all skill gems...am I missing something?

+ 2 gem with rare item +aura with unique

and how do you suppose we mix the +2gem on a rare item with a +aura on a unique?
Pretty sure the +aura gems would only affect auras in the unique.

This is true. I don't know what I was thinking. Most likely it's a new unique then that allows for +3.

Not sure if this was answered, but the reason they made it lvl 23 is because you could get 100% resistances. 75 +5 from passive tree +5 from unique + 5 from purity +10 from flask = 100 which then makes you completely immune to whichever flask element you brought.
Spoiler
Will...How do pay the dollers?
2. CHEAK not Find error ID(THIS HOME STORE ID )?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info