How well does your computer handle PoE?

So I'm visiting a friend and he can play any high tier game in ultra settings he has this right here he bought it a few days ago

https://www.amazon.com/Skytech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B0825FG29B/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=blaze+II&qid=1578813180&s=electronics&sr=1-3

But when he loads up PoE right his fans are actually making noises mind this is LITERALLY the only game that does it that's crazy like he can do BF V basically in super max settings streaming without issues no fan's making weird noises but once more I tell him to play PoE and his fans just go nuts like buzzing noises.

I wish PoE II used a new engine fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2020, 6:19:47 AM
A non-shitty engine is literally the only compelling reason to create a "PoE 2," in my opinion.

Of course he'll instruct his team to make it happen, right? It's obvious he needs to, right?

Knowing he won't, despite the obvious need, makes me giggle like a toddler.

Don't forget your water cooling.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Shit a fucking 8 grand computer can even make it creek that's how bad the engine is lol.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
My system plays it very well.

Using Arc heavily on largely populated maps doesnt even phaze it as an example.

The game engine is tracking and animating an awful lot in those big fights.
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
You get used to the lag and stuttering, nothing else to say. I don't think something like the mastermind fight will ever be properly smooth no matter the system. Gotta wait for PoE 2
they need the money for exilecon 2, no time for new engine.
Forum pvp
If I had control of my money I'd give them like 500 grand to develop a new engine or use unreal 4 lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Did you check if the framerate is uncapped?
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:
Did you check if the framerate is uncapped?

Huh yeah just checked right now his frame is uncapped is that a big deal? I really want him to play lol but hes like all paranoid his comp going to explode
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 12, 2020, 7:09:14 AM
Monster computers struggle to keep this 2012-tech game at a consistent 120 fps. Or even 60 fps in some areas. (Meanwhile, my i5 4670k w/ GTX 980, 16 gigs fast ram, and SSD struggle to keep things above 30 fps in some areas.)

1920x1080, by the way. Windows 7.

Kind of reminds me of D2, which also had notoriously engine-limited performance (just ask Laz, or anyone who tried to play Median XL in 2006 or so).

PoE slavishly copies D2 in many ways, including its many flaws, so it's almost appropriate that bad performance would be one of them.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jan 12, 2020, 7:33:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info