3.9.1c Patch Notes (restartless)

"
IHellBoundI wrote:
"
izopi4a wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
Still not even a hint regarding the insane memory leak...

I am win10, a friend is win7. 0 problems all-league ( except some mention fixes )

To help us out (and maybe even the devs). Is u and ur friends playing on lockstep or predictive? Windowmode or fullscreen, and most important what gpu/cpu ur using? Im not sure, gonna test it tonight but a friend told me to switch to predictive mode seems to fix the problem.

i do not know how to change It, neither my friend. So whatever is the default.

To help us out (and maybe even the devs). Is u and ur friends playing on lockstep or predictive? Windowmode or fullscreen, and most important what gpu/cpu ur using? Im not sure, gonna test it tonight but a friend told me to switch to predictive mode seems to fix the problem.[/quote]

i do not know how to change It, neither my friend. So whatever is the default.[/quote]

K. I think default is predictive? At least were a couple of years ago. Its on options. The diference is lockstep only works with low latency cause it show u exactely what is happening on the server so if u lag out the screen freeze. On predictive even if u lag the game will try to predict ur movement and resync resulting "teleportations" or rollbacks. Well its rly strange that a lot of people are having problems and others dont. Anyway the legion crash seems very common and never happened to me. Only Thing I know is that started after a hotfix recently so I hope they fix this.
Legions still crashing and on top now Syndicates are crashing too ... literally any "hotfix" = same bugs remain + some others on top of it ... i rly can't wait too see how big of a mess this game will be in a year with that rushed content literally nothing gets tested and the short cycle you guys put yourself in every league brings more and more gamebreaking bugs keep it up GGG

Last edited by Icoblablubb on Jan 7, 2020, 1:51:54 PM
Also... the multiple Vaal side areas bug that was 'fixed' in 3.9.1? Not so much. I got three Vaal side areas in a single area night before last.

For those still having instance crashes, what's worked for me until now (still downloading the patch to see if it's working today or not) was to completely remove all MTX effects: skill gems, character effects, apparitions. The only MTX that doesn't crash the game for me is armor skins.
All other MTX effects that I have cause the game to crash if I equip them.

Also, check your production_config file (Documents>My Games> Path of Exile. Even if you have PoE installed on a secondary drive, the PoE documents file will be on your primary drive in the Documents folder). For a time, I was able to get in and not crash as much if I deleted production_config and logged in (had to take a minute to reset everything every login, though).

When that stopped working, I found a suggestion (either here or on Reddit--can't remember which) to disable audio by setting everything except filter sounds to "false" in the production_config. Once in game with it consistently being stable, you can re-enable some sounds--music seems to be the worst offender. Added music back and started having issues again, so music is turned off until it's fixed.

EDIT: Patch downloaded. Freezing and crashing on login again... sigh
Last edited by Berani on Jan 7, 2020, 3:09:53 PM
Was really excited to see patch notes, and then became really sad when there was no Sirus fixes or Metamorph Vendor recipe. Someday...someday....
"
izopi4a wrote:

i do not know how to change It, neither my friend. So whatever is the default.

You don't know how to open settings, ok. Maybe you don't have issues because you don't have poe installed. That explains it.
why so angry? Why would I lie about not having memory issues?

//edit my networking mode is "Auto"
Last edited by izopi4a on Jan 7, 2020, 4:06:56 PM
"
izopi4a wrote:
why so angry? Why would I lie about not having memory issues?

//edit my networking mode is "Auto"

Hummm nice. I had a friend that told me messing with the settings solved the issue (puting on predictive) so Im gonna try it tonight on auto or predictive. Fingers crossed cause its being VERY annoing to restart the game 1000 per day.
Gj guys, this made the memory leak even worse SOMEHOW
Good work on the fixes!

A couple of things I've noticed:

1. Sometimes multiple Vaal side areas will spawn if it is a multi part map (portal to second part). The first Vaal area won't allow you to leave. You have to exit to character selection to get out.

2. Still can't use Citadels while under influence. I thought this was changed in a previous patch, but never worked for me. Is this working as intended? The influence causes a severe lack of monsters and loot when no sextants can be used until you clear the influence. For the time being I've been avoiding influence by using shaper/elder scarabs or leaving Sirius on Zana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info