[3.13] SIEGE BALLISTA HIEROPHANT Build > Iron Commander & 15 Ballistas! CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER!

If I were to get culling strike on my gloves would my siege ballistas cull?
"
MrBostonX wrote:
If I were to get culling strike on my gloves would my siege ballistas cull?

yes i think
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Been playing my own version of this on Xbox, league started... done all content etc etc. Really fun meme build, ive been smashing tf out of pretty much everything in game. Was decently cheap to startup even on the inflated console market. 10/10 meme build is actually a mean build.
www.youtube.com/kraytheredghost IG @ADimensionBeyond
Really nice build.
I just started some days ago and choose to try out your build here because i missed the good old season 1 demon hunter builds from d3.

Playing ranger now, with your fundamental idea and added some clusters to it, so i can swap the weapon and don't lose the additional towers.

I made an alternative Hierophant version based on your PoB build. Went up to lvl 100 thought, not for everyone i think but its not hard to cut some points.

https://pastebin.com/CNVrTfsR

Maybe you have some time and share your thoughts with me :)
Would really appreciate it ^^
Last edited by ENTEaufmKopf on Apr 13, 2020, 10:59:23 PM
I played this build for a while in 3.9 and really enjoyed it but didnt achive much end game. I'm going to try this time in 3.10 with circa 700 chaos budget and hoping to do all content. Do you think this build would do well in high tier blighted map ? By nature of totems I'd say so, but want to hear some opinion.
IS this build any good this league as per say I mean clearing maps and damage wise is the most im concerned about, playing a wand kinetic build right now.

Have 50k dps tolltip and also die to everything kinda, have like 2ex invested I think and how do this build fare against this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785064/page/1

This build how is it against that like defense and offense like?

My question is kinda like is it decent dps wise and not super rippy I would say.

Do you use: frost bomb, phase run, summon lightning golem, dash manually?? (any advice here please).

And what do you mean by this in the guide: Place Lioneye's Fall under the Staff wheel next to Resolute Technique. You have 5 gems already so what or when does the lioneyes fall come in and how can in be placed under the staff wheel so to say when our passives aren't even close to that node.

Any help would be much appreciated :).
Last edited by fichi on Apr 16, 2020, 3:32:57 AM
"
fichi wrote:
IS this build any good this league as per say I mean clearing maps and damage wise is the most im concerned about, playing a wand kinetic build right now.

Have 50k dps tolltip and also die to everything kinda, have like 2ex invested I think and how do this build fare against this?

My question is kinda like is it decent dps wise and not super rippy I would say.

Do you use: frost bomb, phase run, summon lightning golem, dash manually?? (any advice here please).

And what do you mean by this in the guide: Place Lioneye's Fall under the Staff wheel next to Resolute Technique. You have 5 gems already so what or when does the lioneyes fall come in and how can in be placed under the staff wheel so to say when our passives aren't even close to that node.

My Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/jkuLYGLG

or, my poe.ninja page if that's easier....
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/xw_ziggy/Mista_Ballista?type=depthsolo&i=0&search=type%3Ddepthsolo%26name%3Dmista_%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

My build is based on this guide, and tweaked to fit my own priorities. I've spent Maybe 10-15ex so far, but before buying the endgame gear that replaced the 95% rolls with 99% rolls, I was doing it on Chaos Recipe money, so easliy under 2ex. You can buy the boots, awakened gems, Timeless Jewel later once you're farming the endgame at warp speed. These are prices as of my last edit:

Compared to the video of that build guide you linked, this Ballista build seems way faster and way more powerful. It's a very mobile character and I'm just dashing, dumping half a dozen ballistas, and dashing again before any damage lands where I was standing.

Bosses are nearly instant kills. I'm not 100% sure if three projectiles from one ballista stack up in terms of DPS, so it's either 12M dps or 36M dps on single targets for my build. I was at about 8M/24M dps before spending big money on boots and rares.

It is squishy, but like Angry_Roleplayer says in his guide, it's tougher than it looks. I ditched blood rage so that I have a little energy shield to avoid being stunned, and picked up Heart of Oak for 28% further chance to avoid stuns.

4800Life isn't amazing but there's also 1000Life/sec regen before flasks and 58% evade chance for me. The totems themselves intercept plenty of monsters and non-piercing projectiles, and you can pop Phase Run after dumping 16 ballistas in particularly spicy situations to reduce the chance anything will target you instead of the ballistas. They're like mini decoy totems when Phase Run is active.

I have lightning golem bound to a lvl14 CWDT to keep it up automaticaly and I have two flask buttons: "All flasks" (default panic key) and "All flasks + Phase Run" for bossing. Frost bomb is only really something I bother with on stubborn rares and bosses - the DPS is plenty without it.

As for changes to Angry_Roleplayer's build, I haven't strayed too far. IMO Ironwood, Berzerking, and the jewel socket under scion are 9 point you can definitely spend better. Where you spend them will probably depend on whether you have a Brutal Restraint timeless jewel or want to go for a cluster jewel socket, since both of those modify your tree in a way that is likely unique to your tree. I picked up Heart of Oak (8% life and stun avoidance), Survivalist (more evade and ele resist), and the top right jewel socket (with 30dex instead of 18 resist leading up to it). I also reached for 2000 dex since that gives you an extra ballista which translates to more damage, obviously, but it's also more regen, evasion, and life.

You WILL die if you stop moving - I think that's just the way Delirium works - but this build is mobile and can dps whilst moving so it's pretty well suited to the league IMO. Unlike the spellslinger, you don't have to be anywhere near monsters, so you're unlikely to get hit much.
Last edited by xw_ziggy on Apr 17, 2020, 12:55:53 PM
"
xw_ziggy wrote:
"
fichi wrote:

My Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/jkuLYGLG

or, my poe.ninja page if that's easier....
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/xw_ziggy/Mista_Ballista?type=depthsolo&i=0&search=type%3Ddepthsolo%26name%3Dmista_%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

My build is based on this guide, and tweaked to fit my own priorities. I've spent Maybe 10-15ex so far, but before buying the endgame gear that replaced the 95% rolls with 99% rolls, I was doing it on Chaos Recipe money, so easliy under 2ex. You can buy the boots, awakened gems, Timeless Jewel later once you're farming the endgame at warp speed.

Compared to the video of that build guide you linked, this Ballista build seems way faster and way more powerful. It's a very mobile character and I'm just dashing, dumping half a dozen ballistas, and dashing again before any damage lands where I was standing.

Bosses are nearly instant kills. I'm not 100% sure if three projectiles from one ballista stack up in terms of DPS, so it's either 12M dps or 36M dps on single targets for my build. I was at about 8M/24M dps before spending big money on boots and rares.

It is squishy, but like Angry_Roleplayer says in his guide, it's tougher than it looks. I ditched blood rage so that I have a little energy shield to avoid being stunned, and picked up Heart of Oak for 28% further chance to avoid stuns.

4800Life isn't amazing but there's also 1000Life/sec regen before flasks and 58% evade chance for me. The totems themselves intercept plenty of monsters and non-piercing projectiles, and you can pop Phase Run after dumping 16 ballistas in particularly spicy situations to reduce the chance anything will target you instead of the ballistas. They're like mini decoy totems when Phase Run is active.

I have lightning golem bound to a lvl14 CWDT to keep it up automaticaly and I have two flask buttons: "All flasks" (default panic key) and "All flasks + Phase Run" for bossing. Frost bomb is only really something I bother with on stubborn rares and bosses - the DPS is plenty without it.

As for changes to Angry_Roleplayer's build, I haven't strayed too far. IMO Ironwood, Berzerking, and the jewel socket under scion are 9 point you can definitely spend better. Where you spend them will probably depend on whether you have a Brutal Restraint timeless jewel or want to go for a cluster jewel socket, since both of those modify your tree in a way that is likely unique to your tree. I picked up Heart of Oak (8% life and stun avoidance), Survivalist (more evade and ele resist), and the top right jewel socket (with 30dex instead of 18 resist leading up to it). I also reached for 2000 dex since that gives you an extra ballista which translates to more damage, obviously, but it's also more regen, evasion, and life.

You WILL die if you stop moving - I think that's just the way Delirium works - but this build is mobile and can dps whilst moving so it's pretty well suited to the league IMO. Unlike the spellslinger, you don't have to be anywhere near monsters, so you're unlikely to get hit much.

Any reason you didn't max the skills attached to CWDT?
"
MurderBoner wrote:

Any reason you didn't max the skills attached to CWDT?

It's only a lvl 14 CWDT. It can't trigger max level attached skills. I pick the lower CWDT for 2 reasons:

1) I want it to proc more frequently because the golem dies a lot and needs resummoning.

2) Without good gear, this build only has ~4400 life. at lvl 21 that would mean you'd be on 25% hp when it triggered the ice nova and steelskin, possibly too late to save you from death. At lvl 14, CWDT triggers when you still have 50% hp left, and gives you a better chance of surviving, IMO.

It's not like the reduction in golem/ice nova/steelskin changes anything by much:
- The lvl 16 golem still gives you the full 9% cast/attack buff.
- The lvl 17 ice nova's is still max radius, we want chill, not damage.
- The lvl 18 steelskin does absorb less damage, but it also triggers more often.
Last edited by xw_ziggy on Apr 17, 2020, 1:54:57 PM
Why did you stop at 14 CWDT if you dont mind me asking. Kinda new to endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info