[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Moosseolini wrote:

It does indeed suck to (probably) lose a fixed 20% less damage from hits, so it would be nice to find a way to get it back. And some of the choices on the tree do look pretty strange and uncomfortable.

I'm still experimenting around with different options. For one, there may be a way for us to go for a life/es hybrid approach using Corrupted Soul and a crafted Astral Plate with "Gain 10% of Maximum Life as Maximum Energy Shield". Then try to use Divine Shield and the Staff Mastery for recovery. That way we can use a 6-link and maintain our tankiness. That being said, I'll have to try it out in game to truly know if we can realistically maintain our Energy Shield with this approach.

I thought about going hybrid too, but Divine Shield is just trash: suppose you get a 4k damage hit with 50% phys red (which is a stretch), you will get back 240 ES. Not really enough, imho, and it only works on physical damage. Having more minions will also mean needing Convocation, and we don't have sockets for that I'm afraid. Especially a Kingmaker AG needs to be kept out of lethal effects...

On an unrelated note, I took a look at your PoB, but it looks like the damage is quite low. Something like 3.5M with a Divergent SHR. Just modifying the PoB I have of my current build, I'm at 5.5M. Also, I can't understand how you can reach 50k armor, seems like too much even with Determination. It's kinda late now, so I'm gonna check it more thoroughly tomorrow.

Also, I don't say this enough, but thanks for the awesome build. I wasn't planning on running the same build in two different leagues, but I had a blast with it in Expedition, and I'm gonna use it again in Scourge for sure.
Would fortify worth using in the new version? we hit so lil with cyclone, so maybe another utility/support can be better
Looking at todays POB Update, what is the reason for still taking the small nodes up to Death Attunement? Taking Redemption and Spiritual command with the 5 points not spent take you from Full DPS 204K to 249K. Is this to do with having to increase the speed of the Static Strike / Cyclone to match the new minion cast speed (not sure if this even effects the nova cd)?
How bad did this build get hit with the minion nodes and can it be okay as a starter going forward?
"
Eilanzer wrote:
Would fortify worth using in the new version? we hit so lil with cyclone, so maybe another utility/support can be better

Keeping fortify in there for now as we don't have complete gem info yet. Will update it once we know more about our options. Best alternatives are probably Life gain on Hit or Culling Strike.
"
JuanLeg wrote:
Looking at todays POB Update, what is the reason for still taking the small nodes up to Death Attunement? Taking Redemption and Spiritual command with the 5 points not spent take you from Full DPS 204K to 249K. Is this to do with having to increase the speed of the Static Strike / Cyclone to match the new minion cast speed (not sure if this even effects the nova cd)?

We can't scale our Holy Relic damage with attack/cast speed unfortunately, as the nova skill is a triggered skill. We can make it do more damage with minion damage, or reduce the cooldown with increased cooldown recovery speed.
"
bohica2442 wrote:
How bad did this build get hit with the minion nodes and can it be okay as a starter going forward?

We're probably some of the least affected out of all minion builds since we didn't use minion attack/cast speed before, and generally got minion damage from cluster jewels instead. We still lost some 30% increased damage, but that was offset by the awakened gem buffs.

It performs fine as a starter and will comfortably clear to white maps with self-found gear. Upgrades are typically cheap as we're relatively off-meta and therefore do not compete for gear much. There are better starters out there such as Toxic Rain but this build does well enough.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 18, 2021, 8:18:45 PM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
JuanLeg wrote:

We can't scale our Holy Relic damage with attack/cast speed unfortunately, as the nova skill is a triggered skill. We can make it do more damage with minion damage, or reduce the cooldown with increased cooldown recovery speed.

Ah I understand now, have been leveling for the last couple of evenings in a pseudo ssf way but I do like the look of how the build plays so casually and the tankiness is likely to be my friend in the scourge nightmares.

I'll leave the big brain task of shuffling the build around to the big brain guidemaker :^)
I was looking over the new tree using your pastebin as a starting point; by the looks of it, the Necromancer seems a very attractive option given the changes. Mindless aggression, Unnatural strength, Plaguebringer and Mistress of Sacrifice along with Corpsewalker boots and bone offering are strong; Staff mastery's %life on block along with Bone Offering's life on block with +20% to offering effect from Minion mastery make for a great defensive combo - which you can get about 66% attack block and 77% spell block with safeguard, +2 max spell block with Block mastery, adjacent to Purity of Flesh.

Now that utility flasks have +60% curse reduction - and more on the tree and pantheon - losing Time of Need isn't as big a deal either. The necro seems to be getting about 25% to 30%ish more dps relative to the guardian too. All-in-all, I'd say it worth looking into as an alternative.
Last edited by Gak_Masterson on Oct 19, 2021, 1:57:28 AM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
bohica2442 wrote:

We're probably some of the least affected out of all minion builds since we didn't use minion attack/cast speed before, and generally got minion damage from cluster jewels instead. We still lost some 30% increased damage, but that was offset by the awakened gem buffs.

It performs fine as a starter and will comfortably clear to white maps with self-found gear. Upgrades are typically cheap as we're relatively off-meta and therefore do not compete for gear much. There are better starters out there such as Toxic Rain but this build does well enough.

Will this still perform well in the endgame with the cheap upgrades?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info