[3.9] Bah's Ignite Fireball Elementalist (1M Shaper DPS, Awakener/Uber Atziri/Uber Elder complete)

"
Sethmane wrote:
Just wanted to pop in and post a comment, this being my 2nd comment ever in the forums, to thank you very much for the fun build. This will be my 3.10 league starter. I am having an absolute BLAST! I have been leveling all night in preparation for the race of 3.10 league start!!

Cheers

P.S. Please keep us updated in 3.10 if you decide to roll this again!!

Thanks! Happy to create an end-game viable build =D

I only have time to play 1 or 2 characters per league though, so I'm definitely not rolling this or updating it much. Feel free to make 3.10 recommendations for me to update the guide with when Delirium starts!

Also, I had a look at your character... note that the "Increased Spell Damage" from Xirgil's Crank and Doedre's Tenure don't affect Ignite!
Last edited by MagosBiologis on Mar 6, 2020, 10:34:26 PM
I appreciate the tips! This is my first character in standard so I was trying to speed through the campaign and then get the gear. I usually wait until 65-70 to slap on the uniques and stuff. I'll ping you in a few weeks and let you know how it goes!!

Cheers

Edit: Just took a look and wow, thanks again. I seriously had no idea. I'm still pretty new, this is my first league. Having put 2000+ hours in Grim Dawn/Diablo I guess the logical progression of thought was that it would affect ignite... Interesting. This makes me want to binge watch youtube videos of mechanics now.
Last edited by Sethmane on Mar 7, 2020, 1:35:02 AM
I was super excited and had this as my #1 league starter for delirium, come to find out the delirium mobs dont drop corpses when they die, so they cannot proliferate.

I did a test map without prolif and it feels BAD. However there is the new notable "Fan the Flames - Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 15"

Radius going from 15 to 20 is a 25% decrease in prolif radius.

Edit: might be slightly "better" cause it will prolif immediately and not wait for a corpse to drop.

Also, in POB I kept everything nearly the same and gained 200k DPS from going trickster. You lose elemental ailment immunity, which is VERY nice. but you gain alot of damage and quite a bit of cast speed. almost 40%

Seems like elementalist is a little more durable than trickster but trickster probably has it on clear speed and single target.

Thoughts?
Last edited by AdamSanders on Mar 11, 2020, 10:09:17 AM
Also, here is a revised edition. It adds a second curse via curse on hit ring or glove corruption(shouldnt be hard with cheap crab pincers)
It adds a malachais artifice ring socketed with a lightning golem to inflict EE. While in maps this bumps our damage down considerably, its probably plenty for maps. When the lightning golem hits a boss, it will yield 1.8 million DPS.

I have lowered the skill tree points to 80 and left the top jewel socket open. I think 10-15 points building a cluster jewel area there is going to yield MASSIVE gains from all the really good fire dot multiplier cluster jewels. Particularly:

Fan the Flames
Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 15

Cooked Alive
15% chance to Ignite
Enemies Ignited by you have -10% to Fire Resistance

Wrapped in Flame
20% increased Burning Damage
+15% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier while Burning
Regenerate 1.50% of Life per second while Burning

Fettle
+20 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Life

https://pastebin.com/1n4Fecmz

I'm not saying all these changes would be beneficial, because your build seems to have really struck a nice balance between damage and durability, but If people want to push it a little more towards damage, some of these may be a good option.

Thoughts?
Last edited by AdamSanders on Mar 11, 2020, 10:53:07 AM
"
AdamSanders wrote:

Edit: might be slightly "better" cause it will prolif immediately and not wait for a corpse to drop.

Wut... You know that ignite prolif (and elemental prolif in general) doesn't only work on corpses, but also on live enemies, right? Why do you need to "wait for a corpse to drop"?

Using Fan the Flames will allow you to drop the Ignite Proliferation support, but it had better be replaced by something better, because Ignite Proliferation has a "39% More Ignite Damage" baked in... I'm not sure what would fit there instead.

As for the revised passive tree, I don't know yet, because I have no idea how common/rare these cluster jewels will be, and how diluted their mod pools will be.
Last edited by MagosBiologis on Mar 11, 2020, 12:57:58 PM
"
MagosBiologis wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:

Wut... You know that ignite prolif (and elemental prolif in general) doesn't only work on corpses, but also on live enemies, right? Why do you need to "wait for a corpse to drop"?

Using Fan the Flames will allow you to drop the Ignite Proliferation support, but it had better be replaced by something better, because Ignite Proliferation has a "39% More Ignite Damage" baked in... I'm not sure what would fit there instead.

As for the revised passive tree, I don't know yet, because I have no idea how common/rare these cluster jewels will be, and how diluted their mod pools will be.

I may be misunderstanding how the lack of corpses will effect the prolif then?

Couldn’t agree more about the jewels, regardless for endgame
If you get flush with currency You can possibly spec out of most of the right side of the tree and into cluster jewels. But like you said, not sure on rarity and net gain of benefits.

If you’re correct about the prolif, which I’m guessing you are seeing as you’ve got a bit of ignite experience under your belt, then yeah fan the flames likely not needed
Last edited by AdamSanders on Mar 11, 2020, 1:41:12 PM
"
AdamSanders wrote:
"
MagosBiologis wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:

If you get flush with currency You can possibly spec out of most of the right side of the tree and into cluster jewels. But like you said, not sure on rarity and net gain of benefits.

If you’re correct about the prolif, which I’m guessing you are seeing as you’ve got a bit of ignite experience under your belt, then yeah fan the flames likely not needed

So prolif from corpses is still a big deal for stuff like beyond where monsters spawn after the initial wave is killed

However only the additional delirium mosters will not leave a corpse, but the normal map monster still will
That should be more than enough to have enough corpses around to prolif from them
"
AdamSanders wrote:

Proliferation does not require corpses. Proliferation either works from live enemies or from corpses.

Live enemies and no corpses -> proliferate

Corpses and no live enemies -> proliferate

No enemies no corpses -> nothing to proliferate from

You never need to wait for a corpse to appear before elemental proliferation occurs.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_proliferation

"
Haradon wrote:

So prolif from corpses is still a big deal for stuff like beyond where monsters spawn after the initial wave is killed

However only the additional delirium mosters will not leave a corpse, but the normal map monster still will
That should be more than enough to have enough corpses around to prolif from them

Yep!
Last edited by MagosBiologis on Mar 12, 2020, 8:21:26 PM
First of all, thanks for great build but i have 1 question.

What im doing wrong that i have such low dps? Have hard time to kill Baran while i have Awakening level 3. Its just take ages.

What should i change to increase my dmg?
"
Cenwargh wrote:
First of all, thanks for great build but i have 1 question.

What im doing wrong that i have such low dps? Have hard time to kill Baran while i have Awakening level 3. Its just take ages.

What should i change to increase my dmg?

Hmm... You don't seem to be using the Incinerate-Infused Channelling-Cast While Chanelling-Wave of Conviction setup. That's -25% Fire Resistance and 10% more Fire Damage you're missing out. You're also unlikely to consistently proc Elemental Overload (40% more Elemental Damage) without it. The Fireball ignite lasts ~8s and doesn't stack, so you just need to hit once, and have plenty of time to cast Incinerate.

Say Baran has 40% fire resistance, 21% after Combustion. You're dealing say 89 units of damage to him. With those buffs/debuffs up, his resistance would be -4%, you'd be dealing 104 units * 1.1 Infused Channelling * 1.4 Elemental Overload = 160 units, or a ~80% increase in DPS.

Also, you're not using any damage flasks. Those matter a lot!
Last edited by MagosBiologis on Mar 17, 2020, 6:55:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info