[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

This is still my favourite build/char of mine. Trying hard to reach level 99, so i switched out Herald of Ice and use Fleash and Stone in Sand Stance instead, for leveling tho. (Would Skitterbots be the better choice to not use?)

What do you guys think about the passive skill "Intensity" and the Cluster mod "Intensify" which both give us +1 Intensity charges.
Although i do own a nice jewel with the named mod, i chose to only take the passive skill because i think the Area of Effect really suffers a lot due to having 6 charges.

Suggestions in items/gems are much appreciated!
I didn't like the league so I tried something different with my currencies in SD (a guardian, never ever played one...).
I saw this build and thought "yeah, not clickbaiting at all.." Holy fuck was I wrong.
And yeah, it's kind of expensive but at the very first ascendancy you can see it's going to be easy leveling. And that's true as fuck even for achieve level 100 lmao.

But I had a lot of dps issues while everyone was facerolling A8 sirus...It was the goddamn arcane surge at level 20... Seriously, you should say with big letters DON'T LEVEL UP ARCANE SURGE!!!!! KEEP IT BELOW OR EQUAL TO FROSTBOLT MANA COST!!!
Because yes, I were THAT retarded until I realized THE mistake.
EDIT: Seriously bad leveled arcane surge is like 50% less dps vs bosses...

Praise you for such an awesome build.

PS: I tweaked some things here and there if you wanna check out different stuff, my profile is public (no delirium clusters).
PS2: For the fellas who think glancing blows could be useful... DON'T. Build is stronk as it is, and if you really really want block it's better to use a rumi's imo (tested it, not worth the points on tree invested)...
Last edited by Soulafein_Ld on Jul 19, 2020, 1:43:58 PM
"
Soulafein_Ld wrote:

PS: I tweaked some things here and there if you wanna check out different stuff, my profile is public (no delirium clusters).
PS2: For the fellas who think glancing blows could be useful... DON'T. Build is stronk as it is, and if you really really want block it's better to use a rumi's imo (tested it, not worth the points on tree invested)...

Some things look interesting. what are your stats like? Like ES, Tooltip DPS, Mana unreserved/maxmimum...?

also, can you elaborate what the benefits of Militant Faith are?
"
subcutan wrote:
"
Soulafein_Ld wrote:

Some things look interesting. what are your stats like? Like ES, Tooltip DPS, Mana unreserved/maxmimum...?

also, can you elaborate what the benefits of Militant Faith are?

The notable keystone (inner conviction) grants 3% more damage per power charge (but you no longer get frenzy charges as a downside), I found optimal (considering losing frenzy charges) like 5 of em power charges for at least 15% more damage (yet I had to refund because I need to be at least level 95 in order to benefit the most out of it and not beeing low at ES); the intrinsic devotion grants 1% increased effect of non-curse aura per 10 devotion granting me like 15% more effect of non curse because I went for the "Unnatural calm" cluster (for obvious reasons).

I perma-run HH because of the stats (awakened added cold ask me more dex than cyclopean grants for me) but I get solid 8700 Es at level 93 and like 30% chaos res on top of everything the build has to offer. Also I get more spell leech because the thread of hope allowed me to enable light eater which also grants spell damage increased when full ES.

My max mana is 5224, 4702 reserved. Running two enlighten level 4 because helm enchantment = hard to get.

EDIT: Forgot to say 121k (edited) tooltip dps in ho (when at full power charges you can guess because I can't hover at time lol).
EDIT 2: Also all gems level 20 except skitterbots level 21 and my awakened are level 3 or so except for added cold which it's already 5.
EDIT 3: Next thing to get is awakened spell echo, but maybe it's not as good as going for frenzy charges + cast speed instead of the militant faith + power charges combo.
EDIT 4: Delve 330 is a joke with this build for a guy that doesn't even delve intensively (if somebody has that concern...) so maybe focusing on delve 1k easy for the usual casul.
EDIT 5: I'm casually using CWDT level 2 + wave of conviction + immortal call + molten shell and... better than manual honestly (except for molten shell), and wave of conviction grants exposure; and IC is objectively better than 3 endurance charges unless you're suffering from base ele resis.
EDIT 6: LMAO with another thread of hope to the left I managed to be 70/50 block with glancing blows and rumi's while also beeing at 105k dps in ho 8400 ES. So yes, glancing blows is possible but you loose like 300 ES and 15k dps when in hideout. And at level 94 easily you would get back those 15k dps (had to sacrifice light of divinity).
Last edited by Soulafein_Ld on Jul 19, 2020, 9:07:23 PM
Well I tested enough stuff in pob with my current build. Losing frenzy charges for 3% more damage per power charge throug the timeless jewell is worst (than just keeping the frenzy charges if you're only going for three power charges. You need at least twice as that power charges for beeing better. In fact could be a good idea having one of those rings that grants 1% cast speed per power charge if you go for the 7 power charges + the timeless jewel)
Lot of investment for minimal benefit imo.

But interestingly, having another thread of hope on the left of the tree allowed me to push for glancing blows again which it's another interesting defensive layer (and also you can get the "spiritual aid" triggering the 50% damage for minions increased from "aligned spirits" thanks to unnatural instinct plus some more block).

Sitting at 160k dps on my ho right now. Pob say 1.695.000 dps per ice nova vs Sirus with awakened spell echo. And I'm not having the perfect crit multi + cast speed rare jewels...

EDIT: Yeah I love edits, ikr? but level 95 in 4 days doing every single boss (Sirus A6 not a8 yet...) without looking at XP bar. Godlike build.
Last edited by Soulafein_Ld on Jul 21, 2020, 5:51:37 PM
this build work in 3.11?
this build works perfectly fine in 3.11, altough unnatural instinct position got nerfed a bit.

speaking of UI...
@Soulafein:
I dont think is useful to skill Spiritual Aid bc of UI. It only grants 12%incr minion dmg.

I did copy your timeless jewel instead at the healty mind position tho.
But sitting short at 8893 (under 9k) ES drives me insane xD
I played this build in metamorph and it still is my favorite build. Prolly the strongest feeling too.

Remaking it again in heist as my 6th carácter. If anyone who s tried recently have any suggestions for stuff that changed I d appreciate it. Like some jewels are legacy now, new possible cluster jewels, items, gems.

Cheers and good farming!
For future: https://pastebin.com/4NzVHunm 3.11 Heist, still works well
3.13 still working ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info