[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

"
subcutan wrote:
Im am really struggling with dps and i dont know why. I think that i do have a good setup but on syndicate encouter, they sometimes manage to escape bc me being not able to kill them in time.
(I do know that i do not have a good boot enchant yet and the helmet one. Would ice nova damage on helmet be a significant boost?)

Right now, i am thinking about switching Skitterbots with Aspect of the cat. Or would that be a bad idea?

Dont switch skitterbots they are 15% more dmg

you need slower projectiles on your frostbolt. Get 1 white or recolor for now. Drop faster casting if you can't get 1 white.

slower projectiles means more overlaps more dmg for hard encounters. GL

also your upgrades are unnerve gloves & culling, 21 ice nova and tailwind boots. GL
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Last edited by maddognils on Mar 27, 2020, 1:08:44 PM
thx for the fast help.

definitly will try those gem switches. also i changed out incr duration for stone golem now.

Last edited by subcutan on Mar 27, 2020, 4:08:20 PM
Any thought on adding a large cluster jewel with blanketed snow and prismatic heart (10% cold pen, 10% all resist, 30% ele damage), medium with master of fear and wish for death (unnerve and culling strike) and a small with will shaper (5% of max mana as extra ES)?

Any ideas on which points to remove from the tree if I go for cluster jewels? (requires freeing up 7-13 points depending on how many cluster jewels to use)
I really do have this build rolling pretty well now, altough i did not achieve the helmet enchant and/or tailwind boots yet, since i am pretty stuck with the strengh mod on the boots bc of vaal molten shell.

Spoiler
i do wonder where to invest next. would awakened spell echo be a good choice? how does the "final repeat ... chance to deal double damage" synergieses with our ice nova?

nvm, it was listed in the guide. i bought an awakened spell echo.

also, does "life gained for each enemys hit by your spells" works in any way with our ES sustain?

btw, why does your bolts look like shaper ones? my bolts are white bubbles. is that just cosmetic thing?
Last edited by subcutan on Apr 9, 2020, 7:31:29 AM
So this was my main build in metamorph and my all time favorite poe build that ive played. I ended up switching back to guardian in current league after trying the inquis version of this build bc i was dieing like crazy. Would love to see any updates to the build especially about cluster jewels as i havnt found and good ways of switching out passives for cluster jewels that work much better than without them. Ty for any updates!
I also would like to see updates regarding the new jewels. But since i am playing standard all the time, i do not have access to the new clusters yet. I can tell for now, that i will push this build as far as i can because its really fun to play and probably stronger than my 99 molten strike jugg. So its pretty likely that i will play this character for another league or two.
Last edited by subcutan on Apr 10, 2020, 4:58:23 PM
I tried to experiment with new cluster jewels. You can check my profile but here what I got:

Large jewel:
- Conjured wall - spell damage, block chance
- Practiced caster - spell damage, cast speed
- Essence ruch - spell damage, cast speed, es leech

Small jewel attached to large one:
- Will shaper - 5% max mana as es + small nodes with es and all res

Medium jewel attached to large one:
- Master of Fear for 10% damage
- Wish of death for culling strike
- open socket for Watchers eye

It was difficult to came up with something because all around normal tree there're still crazy good nods for crit, mana or es/int.

Is switching Inspiration Support for Hypothermia a thing?
Comparing the numbers its 35 : 39 "more" damage but also 40% incr critical strike chance AND it (Inspiration) allows me to reduce my unreserved mana to an absolute minimum. Even <400 unreserved mana is enough (for me) to continuously cast nova on bolt. Or does Hypothermia have a additional dmg multiplier i dont see for now?
"
subcutan wrote:
Is switching Inspiration Support for Hypothermia a thing?
Comparing the numbers its 35 : 39 "more" damage but also 40% incr critical strike chance AND it (Inspiration) allows me to reduce my unreserved mana to an absolute minimum. Even <400 unreserved mana is enough (for me) to continuously cast nova on bolt. Or does Hypothermia have a additional dmg multiplier i dont see for now?

Inspiration is situational (aka not always up), while hypothermia IS always up. Adittionally hypothermia gives additional freezes, thus, more safety.
Other than that Inspiration is absolutely viable and if you prefer it by god use it
BTW short flash-in from 3.11:

Build still works perfectly fine
No need to change anything
You can use clusters but the benefits are marginal
Just follow the guide and you're solid af

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info