[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

How are we meant to cast despair aura along with malevolence and HoA? I only have 25% mana left unreserved and despair says it needs 35%.
"
Drarke wrote:
How are we meant to cast despair aura along with malevolence and HoA? I only have 25% mana left unreserved and despair says it needs 35%.

You need the diadem

Just go HoAG and Malevolence. Can always self cast despair where you need it or get a witchfire brew.
Some advice, only on T4 though.

- Don't go Blade Vortex until you have picked up the duration nodes.
- Stick will elemental until you've got Noxious Strikes from Lab, Plague Bearer and Poison Support
- Make sure to get the Scion life wheel
- Bino's is great for survivability and although not ideal for a league start, really need Cold Iron for damage
- If you have 100% poison chance without a flask, you can swap Coralito's for Atziri's Promise for more suitability (leech + Chaos res)
- Cluster Jewels are amazing, e.g. Septic Spells for poison chance/damage & Circling Oblivion for DoT damage and duration plus BV duration
- Despair and HoAG are my choices while waiting for the Diadem prices to drop (more damage and less mana reservation), but could also cast Despair if I wasn't lazy
- Enduring Mana Flask is a must until Diadem
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Mar 16, 2020, 3:26:46 AM
Could you give an advice to get 100% poison without flask?
I just get maximum around 85% from skill and flask
"
cinlove wrote:

40% from the ascendancy
20% from HoAG
20% from Septic Spells on a Cluster Jewel
20% from 2x small passives in the Fatal Toxins wheel

Could replace the small passives with the flask or Dendrobate Sentinel Jacket.

It's important to have 100% (at least with a flask). Can take the Toxic Strikes wheel or use Poison Support. Having less than 100% is a massive DPS lost.

Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Mar 16, 2020, 4:08:43 AM
well this league is crazy. somehow doing white maps, 75lvl. takes a real tryhard of clicking/dodging/running. using 2x obliteration wands and have like 60/60 dodge chance which feels like i have 0%. im srsly thinking to make a cycloner.

gonna give a bit more tried on it, at least ill try to pick cold iron and see how it is going on, but still it kind of weird because i even sometimes getting killed while recasting bv :D

im not rly sure if cold irons will be better than obliterations, because atm i carry myself at delirium only via explosions.
"
cinlove wrote:

To expand on Illusiveguy's response i can quote another use who posted earlier. There's quite a few methods to reach 100% fairly easy.

This post from @Biratancho

40% from Ascendancy
20% from Swift Venoms passive cluster
10% from Toxic Strikes and potentially 15% more from the passive next to it if you'd like
20% from Herald of Agony
25% from Coralito's Signature flask
Before getting Cold Iron Point, you can use a rare with 30% chance to poison and some other useful stats, they're super cheap.
Then there's the Poison support gem if you wanna use that.
Jewels can roll 5% chance to poison on hit too.

Regarding people's issues I'm somewhat feeling them aswell, you gotta keep moving or you die.. I think i might be going for atziri's step boots like a previous user suggested, for more defence aswell as The golden rule setup for chaos resistance.

As a lot of people have mentioned the uniques for this build are more expensive than most people can afford at this point, so for aura's im using Herald of Agony and despair with the blasphemy gem, that seems to deal the most damage for me and grants me a sizeable enough manapool to function. As for the weapons obliteration's are affordable with a price of 1-2 chaos each, but comes with a high int requirement so you'll most likely have to relocate some point for int in the passive tree. Using wands has the additional downside of rendering whirling blades unusable, which has been an annoyance for me to say the least, left me with using flame dash.

All in all the build works, but you gotta stay on your toes or you die. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the build, but it feels far away from the demo shown in OP's videos.
Jup jup!
I'm playing a slightly different build and I don't want to "steal" ppl from playing this one.... but i had the same issues (damage, survivability, mana) and the build i'm playing is managing it kinda fine.
Clearing up to T6 currently (cause i didn't find higher ones right now).

Survivability: blasphemy + assassin's mark. the difference is HUGE, i barely die since i switched to this setup. I also took some "life on kill" nodes which is really helpful since trashmobs are popping instantly via obliteration which helps to regen lost life during combat. And i'm doing fine with delirium encounter + legion + abyss or syndicate at the same time

Damage: "The embalmer" gloves, available for 1c, gives you a pseudo 5 link. I use poison support gem to get 100% chance to poison.
I use 2 olbiteration and bosses are also melting (e.g. conqueror). Obviously for bossing i will switch to Cold Iron Point daggers when prices are lower, but for the actual content the obliterations get the job done

mana: I use Eldritch Battery with the passive node "Soul Thief" (0.3% of spell damage leeched as energy shield). since then i never run out of mana again

My other gear are rares i bought for 1alc to 1c with just life and ressis.

Hope i could help some guys. Since i did the changes, the build is a blast and i'm having a really good time.
Next I'm planning to get the Golden Rule jewel (1c) and the cluster jewel "Antivenom" as a budget alternative until i can afford "Maw of Conquest" helmet
Last edited by Bisrob on Mar 16, 2020, 7:17:06 AM
@Bisrob You mean warlord's mark? Cause i see this gem in your setup.
I switched to Warlord's Mark for testing reasons. Tbh it also seems pretty decent when you have some endurance charges, especially in combination with immortal call.

Can't say what is better at the moment, but either one of them will boost your survivability ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info