[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Hey m8 just started this build yesterday and already took it all the way into red maps, build plays wicked fast and is a ton of fun. Incredible damage, even t16 juiced metamorphs get melted pretty easily. Now I just have to level a bit more for some health. Also only spent maybe 4ex on this in total, for almost all the recommended gear, a budget build is definitely doable, and I almost wish I had league started as this.
Which is best?

5L Kintsugi or 6L dendrobate? similar prices for them and I only have about 200 chaos to spend
How much skill duration does this build get? I feel like I'm casting Blade Vortex way too much, even with unleash support. I'm still only leveling, but I'm wondering if it gets better at end game. I'm not seeing much more coming from the passive tree.
So for everyone wondering if this build can do T16 AWL8 and Sirus on AWL8, do not worry, I have done all that in a breeze.
This is my first or second character ever to reach level 95, so survivability is quite ok, only a handful of mapbosses are even a consideration, all others die in 2-3 seconds.

Despite my current gear, I could do T16 already on +2 Tabula and definitly without Awankened gems.
But I would recommend to grab a lvl 21/0 Vaal Blade Vortex for ~15c as soon as you can use it, level scaling is so good.

The Gentle Touch gloves are definitly a huge QoL upgrade for mapping. Other than that you can get along with pretty much any gear as long as you use a 6-link and the cold iron point daggers.

Hope you guys get the same enjoyment out of the build as I am.
Last edited by Stratege42 on Jan 15, 2020, 3:14:17 AM
Noob question, why are there points to put into Fatal Blade on your Level 100 DAMAGE tree when we are using daggers?
So I'd really love to mess with this on a killed enemies explode chest. But left debating what other influenced mod would go best with it. (Using awakener orb) So far I have it down to either of these.

* +1 level of socketed active gems
* Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance
* Additional curse
* Nearby enemies are blinded

When I have access to POB to plug in the numbers later I'll mess around with it. But just wondering what others think as well.
"
Ornatas wrote:
Noob question, why are there points to put into Fatal Blade on your Level 100 DAMAGE tree when we are using daggers?

You will need to check your POB again as there are no points in Fatal Blade.

Fatal Toxins, yes, for the obvious reasons.
Last edited by Osarna on Jan 15, 2020, 5:23:38 PM
This build sure seems to have dwindled in activity the last few days, wondering what the reasons were for everyone if they moved on.

Personally I think I'm balking at the cost of upgrades, Cold irons with the corruption are expensive, Sporeguard is expensive, Asenaths is expensive, I think I'll wait for it all to come down in price.

I love the build but I feel like we have limited build paths because of how many uniques we need which means you hit really hard walls when you dont have enough currency. I can definitely buy a Sporeguard and Asenaths but they feel like they might be more lateral upgrades, gain Temp Chains but lose Aspect etc...

I even found a 21/23 Vaal BV yesterday and actually sold it instead of used it.

Interested to get other peoples thoughts, I'm thinking this will be a good league starter for 4.0 though, might fly under the radar a bit.

Last edited by Goldenhawk07 on Jan 15, 2020, 9:42:58 PM
Sorry for the lack of repsonses guys, been busy making other guides/youtube videos and streaming. I appreciate all the responses and we are still working on optimising this build. We are playing around with different chest setups and stuff, I dont think we need this many uniques either. We are currently farming t16 aw8 with a tabula (no plus gem levels) just to prove we can replace our body armour with anything we want. Trying to get to 6k life atm .
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
Osarna wrote:
"
Ornatas wrote:

You will need to check your POB again as there are no points in Fatal Blade.

Fatal Toxins, yes, for the obvious reasons.

There is on my POB: https://imgur.com/a/tMF7Lp6

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info