[3.9 Soft core] [Pure Physical] Cyclone Berserker 20m+ Shaper DPS

Who I am
Spoiler
Hey Guys my names BigPaluda I've been playing path now for a little over 3 years. This is my first build guide.I enjoy playing glass cannon builds with lots of DPS.This is one of my first marauder chars I've played and decided to make a write up on it. I'm sure I'm not the first person to put on face breakers and start spinning but I wanted to share my take on it!

TLDR
Spoiler
Hit it Hard and Hit it once! The whole point of this build is to dish out as much damage as possible while sacrificing defensive talents/skills

Things you need to know before starting this build.
Spoiler
If you do not one shot your target this build will not face tank end game mechanics.
This build packs a lot of damage but is not extremely tanky you will die on occasion.
This build will require you to know end game boss mechanics and be able to position yourself properly.

Pros
Spoiler

LOTS of damage
melts metamorphs
Required items are easy to get
Doesn't require a 30ex weapon
Can do ALL content with very little gem/gear swapping
I wouldn't say its a Meta build

Cons
Spoiler
Capping resistances is tough
can't face tank everything
You will die
Not a Zoom Zoom build
Uses flame dash
Can't run Physical reflect maps
Not the Cheapest build but not terrible expensive compared to other 20m+ dps builds
Not a league starter
We are a Berserker wearing an Abysus what could go wrong :)

Videos

Offensive stats
Spoiler
Hideout with aura's

Defensive stats
Spoiler
Hideout With aura's

Path Of Buildings
Spoiler
Burst(inflated 45M DPS Berserk,banner down, and Frenzy charges (this is not sustainable through an entire fight.)https://pastebin.com/FJim2KEp

Sustained 23M DPSsustainable through a fight https://pastebin.com/c3xvtnnp

Gem Links
Spoiler

Chest
Cyclone - pulverize -melee physical damage - brutality - infused channeling - Concentrated effect OR fortify

Boots/helm/gloves
Blood rage | Precision | herald of purity | blood and sand
Cast when damage taken - Molten shell | War banner |Berserk
Curse on hit - flame dash - INC duration - enfeeble

Shield
Flesh and Stone- Maim - Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Required items
Spoiler
At the current time of making this build these are relatively cheap 15-25c each. Vulnerability on hit is not required to start the build! Make sure to get a High rolled Face breaker 780+!

Recommended Gear
Spoiler

Chest
Spoiler
I'd recommend going with a yellow chest. This build is extremely unique heavy and there's very few spots to grab resistances.

Stat priorities
-15 mana cost to skills
Resistance/Life
Extra: attacks have % crit chance or +1 curse.
Crafting this
Spoiler
Use Pristine and serrated fossils..
If you only want the -15 mana cost, Life, and resistances use any ilvl 84+ Astral plate
If you want to go for attacks have % crit chance use an Elder base 84+
If you want to go for attacks have % crit chance and/or +1 curse use a Hunter base 84+

At this current time i found it cheaper to buy an Ilvl 100 astral plate and use one of the New exalted orbs on it and got a 6l hunter base for around 5 ex. then it was 20c a slam for the fossils and i got my chest in 4 resonators

Helmet
Spoiler
A big boy abysus Give us a TON of damage from the flat physical and melee crit multiplier. You will however take more damage from Physical hits(Do not wear this in lab you will die a painful death to traps.)

Enchant Priority
Attack speed w/ cyclone
Blood rage attack speed
cyclone damage
herald of purity mana reserve reduction

Gloves
Spoiler
Mandatory

Look for a pair with a minimum of 780% (Do not cheap out of these they are your end game gloves)

Corruptions
Damage
Vulnerability
attack crit
attack speed

Defensive
Enfeeble on hit
Temp chains
% Life

Rings
Spoiler
You will want 2 Circle of Guilts. Look for Herald of purity Buff effect and increased Physical damage while effected by Herald of Purity.

Implicit's to look for
Global Phy %
Max Life
Dmg %
Resistances

Amulet
Spoiler
Mandatory

Boots
Spoiler
Any pair of yellow boots will work this is where you will get a majority of your resistances! The more you get here the less you will need to get on jewels later!

Shield
Spoiler
The Unshattered Will shield provides everything we need! Life, Resistance, and yes more damage! The harbringer pet it summons also gives us Damage reduction https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Unshattered_Will

Jewels
Spoiler
Watchers eye
Spoiler
Look for Precision gives multi or attack speed
Yellow Jewels
Spoiler
Life,Missing Res,Crit multi,Attack speed

Flasks
Spoiler
Bottled Faith is not necessary for this build how ever it does give us alot of dmg. You can use a quick silver in its place for more mobility if you can't afford one!

My Current Gear
Spoiler
THIS BUILD DOES NOT REQUIRE A HH. It is actually better to use a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ryslatha%27s_Coil

Final Thoughts
Spoiler
Over all I'm really enjoying this build. I really don't feel squishy even though on paper I should. I'm easily clearing shapers/elders/uelder and currently working on Awakener(only had 1 attempt and I completely screwed up the fight lol)

I'd also like to thank my buddy Thor757 for the build idea and theory crafting different things with me about it :)

Last edited by Spoonluda on Dec 30, 2019, 4:37:46 PM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2020, 10:39:36 AM
reserved
why this build don't use impale mechanics? i think impale is easy dps win in 99% physical damage builds...
Last edited by ztnk on Dec 26, 2019, 6:56:20 PM
"
ztnk wrote:
why this build don't use impale mechanics? i think impale is easy dps win in 99% physical damage builds...
I thought about going impale but at the speed i'm killing things already i don't think its worth the 12 point investment :). I could be wrong though and could def check it out when i get a few more levels! thanks for checking the build out!
Please gameplay video :)
I just came back to the game and my previous cyclone build was nerfed and I love to play cyclone. When I seen this build I decided to try it out in standard ( i don't play league ) and my god is it ever strong. It's simple and destructive, I like it. Good job!
Last edited by Nanö on Dec 31, 2019, 11:21:13 AM
"
BlaqDan wrote:
I just came back to the game and my previous cyclone build was nerfed and I love to play cyclone. When I seen this build I decided to try it out in standard ( i don't play league ) and my god is it ever strong. It's simple and destructive, I like it. Good job!

Thanks! ill be working on some videos show casing it this weekend :)
"
FedeS wrote:
Please gameplay video :)

They will be coming this weekend :)
Could you post a POB, and how do you figure 20M? I'm using a nasty 2 hander on standard and my shaper damage tops out with all buffs/max rage around 6.25 million.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info