What We're Working On - Metamorph Week Two

merry christmas to all of you ggg folks and thanks for your huge efforts to keep this game runnning.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Metamorph bosses can't be frozen.
Yes that would be nice!
"
Rekill wrote:
"
dehogynem wrote:
The memory problem is not only for WIN7!! on WIN10 its the same!!

no its not...

In some cases it is, it was reported.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
"
Twas well into Metamorph, and all through my stash,
Nothing was moving, not a step or a flash.
My map tab was bricked, and my maps throttled too,
Even my Blight and Guardians rendered to goo.
When up on the forums their unleashed a clatter,
I sprung from reddit to see what was the matter.
Lo and behold, I saw this dev thread,
I clicked on the link, and quickly I read.
The words i consumed, and quickly I knew,
Nothing was done, for me or you.
Maps still destroyed, and tab still a mess,
I choked on my sadness and growing distress!
Surely Kris Krillson will save Christmas too,
For if he does not, we shall surely be blue!

what's "blue", precious?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Isher wrote:
You don't need to fix the game on Windows 7, it is end-of-life and will go totally out of support in January of 2020, so rejoice! No need to support a dead OS!

I work in IT, and I am so looking forward to blissfully saying "You -must- replace that computer, or upgrade it if its hardware can handle Windows 10, because we NO LONGER SUPPORT WINDOWS 7!" It's going to be... amazing.

Meah, another one... Where do you people come from.

Nobody is going to make such a sudden jump from win7 to whatever even though it's not gonna be supported. It doesn't mean GGG should stop taking care of win7 immediately! This would mean throwing out a big chunk of players which is not the healthiest approach to their economy also.

In time people will move on but not as fast. I can promise, if GGG would say rubbish like that that they don't care about win7 users anymore this would be the final nail in a coffin and I would leave this game. Other companies make games and they work OK with win7 and they will continue to still make them work on win7 properly for quite a while. The game was working well so it can be fixed for sure. I don't want GGG to dictate us what software we must use, we already have an SSD and whatnot.

SO please sir, very kindly, F*CK OFF with your nonsense.

Not to mention win10 users have reported having problems too, so while mostly win7 took a hit there might be some deeper problems behind that.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Dec 23, 2019, 4:46:19 AM
Livers are also rare too get as well.
mucho gracias!
I really do appreciate the hard work and effort that is given by GGG employees developing and fixing the game especially during holiday seasons which they fully deserve off.

However, my two cents here, this league should never have been released in December. Nothing of this size should be released so close to an annual holiday event. Shows poor management decisions which inadvertently affects the staff who now have to change their holiday patterns (whether voluntarily or not).

If this was released early/mid November, December would have been a less chaotic for staff as most of the issues would have been resolved and there would still be a few weeks more to close out additional issues before the holiday period.

This is my opinion and I am aware there is far more to it that the public will see but if it is anything like I have witnessed whilst working, wouldn't be surprised if it is akin to the above.
They would not be in this situation, doing over-time (and some of them likely will spend Christmas at work) would they plan properly.

It's not a magic science. It's called business planning and then production planning when time comes to translated idea to reality.

GGG has a nice business plan (at least on paper) but struggles in executing it.

If they want big release every 3 months, then they need to staff development teams properly. Or maybe there should be 2 production lines, alternating, so that every team releases every 6 months.

If New Zealand is too difficult place to recruit so many developers, then open studio in Australia or Far East or China and invest in cultural cohesion between two places.

Current chaos is self-inflicted really and I do hope that people who made these decisions share over-time with coders, production, art and QA who are the most likely to suffer now.
what about of some nerfs to the buffs you made you slow ttk/whole game to the level of absurd , we love the way it was now my hero feels like a crap.
And there is not even better rare loot to make changes..
I get this bug where you get drop with 10 of the same item - quivery in my case.
I check all of them with stats/dps and with price and all of them wasn't better or cost more then 0.30ch.
Last edited by Dawbra on Dec 23, 2019, 6:54:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info