3.9.0c Hotfix 3

chain hook its still no fix ?
found this on reddit https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/eaw34t/390c_hotfix_3_big_improvements/faynh3e/:

"
I think I'm just experiencing a bug from doing the quest in an order GGG didn't expect. I killed the 4 Conqueror's before I unlocked the 4 Citadels in the middle regions.

Killing all 4 of them moved my quest progress past the point where Zana would show up in my maps to unlock the Citadels, and so it can no longer work.

Not dissimilar to the bug where people who finished 3 of Conqueror quests before starting the 4th one can no longer get the 4th one to spawn, locking their progress as well.

Turns out Zana's new questline is pretty fragile, and responds poorly to doing thing even slightly out of order.

At this point I've got every single Watchstone except for the ones in the two bugged regions which won't unlock for me, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing, I think it's just bugged.

this is EXACTLY what had happened to me as well. please fix it, right now poeople who somehow bypassed the grind (like by buying maps or something) are fckd forever with half of their atlass they cannot upgrade aka cannot unlock the end-game boss
This is exactly what is happening with me as well.
"

"
I think I'm just experiencing a bug from doing the quest in an order GGG didn't expect. I killed the 4 Conqueror's before I unlocked the 4 Citadels in the middle regions.

Killing all 4 of them moved my quest progress past the point where Zana would show up in my maps to unlock the Citadels, and so it can no longer work.

Not dissimilar to the bug where people who finished 3 of Conqueror quests before starting the 4th one can no longer get the 4th one to spawn, locking their progress as well.

Turns out Zana's new questline is pretty fragile, and responds poorly to doing thing even slightly out of order.

At this point I've got every single Watchstone except for the ones in the two bugged regions which won't unlock for me, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing, I think it's just bugged.

this is EXACTLY what had happened to me as well. please fix it, right now poeople who somehow bypassed the grind (like by buying maps or something) are fckd forever with half of their atlass they cannot upgrade aka cannot unlock the end-game boss
I am with you guys. I can't spawn anything anymore

"
"

"

was this fix actully necessary? i was getting used to the randomness and i didnt get bored with it. rather bigger challenge before

edit: also, a message that you need to remake your hideout because
theres been an important patch would have been a good idea...
Last edited by IceslayerVixxun on Dec 15, 2019, 7:25:52 AM
Mining, Bomb Wall caused an instant client crash, hope to repair
"
We will be making more changes to this which will allow you to repeatedly run the same map

honestly being able to run 3 different maps is good enough

the wording on the quest needs some improvement , like

"locate the whatever in one of the maps in this specific zone"

It also tells us to find people by name but there is no way to tell where the people are, it would be nice if the quest updated and said what name atlas zone to search

I never expected to be able to run just 1 map over and over and progress the quest i feel thats a bit easy

being able to run 3 different maps is more than fine.

--

We also need some sort of indicator where the next watchstone can spawn

possibly the quest updates each time you find one to hold peoples hands

or some sort of visual representation on the atlas like a shimmering around the zone you should search , so if i have the white map stones i can socket one in and then the maps will shimmer again

--

for example it was fairly easy to get my 4 outer watchstones , but then i assumed the inner 4 areas would spawn influence if i ran those white maps.

after hundreds of maps i dont think you can get a watchstone from the white non corner zones of the map.

i then upgraded the inner 4 zones to yellow and quickly got another 4 watchones.

this is in standard with infinite maps

--

The tray on the left of the atlas page should have better description, the quest needs to give a bit more information on the right.

I know poe does not hold your hand but new players will not get this system as it is , running different maps is fine

--

I also dont think there is a way to know what areas you can still get a watch stone from. there should be an easy way to know where you should be going next for a watchstone like a quest that said

search tier 10 maps + in area name etc

-

could maps also be tagged with the atlas zone name so we can search for a zone name and it will highlight maps from there
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Dec 15, 2019, 8:05:40 AM
stuff still spawns directly on top of the watchstone altar,
cant pick up that
The unnamed monster component bug is still present - just received one from Arid lake with additional boss.
Thanks for fixing Zana!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info